stackbladroid_v0.2 - Froyo ROM for Zte Blade aka Orange San Francisco

Guest stackrish

Guest igors_s
Is hardware acceleration enabled? If not could you do that?

Speaking of hardware acceleration. I coudnt find any data relating to the extra battery drain it provides.

I mean, there has to be a reason why manufacturers disable it out of the box.

Can anyone shine some light on the issue?

Ok, set up my accounts, now just doing a Ti restore B).

Interesting thing is that with FLB, it doesn't enforce MS Exchange security policy, whereas this ROM does. Any idea why? It's just an annoyance that I now need to use a PIN on my phone, as in 2.1 you can use LockPicker.

Edit: also, Fast Web Install with Appbrain now works with this ROM, whereas it didn't with FLB.

Edited by goatee

Guest socialworker

Can anyone confirm/deny that this ROM suffers the random touchscreen freezes like the other 2.2 ROMs do?

I'm talking about the phenomenon:

'pressing bower button to wake up' --> 'screen lighting up all right' --> 'touching screen doesn't do anything at all' --> 'only taking out the battery helps'

Can anyone confirm/deny that this ROM suffers the random touchscreen freezes like the other 2.2 ROMs do?

'pressing bower button to wake up' --> 'screen lighting up all right' --> 'touching screen doesn't do anything at all' --> 'only taking out the battery helps'

I can do neither I'm afraid, since I've used this ROM and FLB ROM, and neither have had that behaviour for me.

Guest androidswillkillusall

Nothing

Nothing of that sort yet. Lovingg this rom!

Guest igors_s

It seems that the "dialer issue" is not related to the actual dialer.

My phone used to suffer from it, but now it's gone. I run gForums froyo alpha and did not do any serious modifications to it.

When i checked it couple of days ago the dialer was gone from the list, replaced by android system.

Guest chall32
It seems that the "dialer issue" is not related to the actual dialer.

My phone used to suffer from it, but now it's gone. I run gForums froyo alpha and did not do any serious modifications to it.

When i checked it couple of days ago the dialer was gone from the list, replaced by android system.

Yeah same with one of my work colleagues. He's running Fliblesan's Froyo.

Wonder if there is any mileage in wiping the battery stats... Will give that a spin.

When trying to establish a Google Account for sync, I get "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." With 3G or WiFi, before and after WiFi fix is applied. Anyone got a trick I haven't heard of yet? Otherwise it goes down the bin.

Guest oh!dougal
When trying to establish a Google Account for sync, I get "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." With 3G or WiFi, before and after WiFi fix is applied. Anyone got a trick I haven't heard of yet? Otherwise it goes down the bin.

That's probably a cookie-type data issue.

I had it on my phone while still stock (unlocked and changed network only).

Factory data reset (under privacy settings) fixed it. Probably Clockwork would do similarly.

There may be a less brutal method, but I don't know of it.

That's probably a cookie-type data issue.

I had it on my phone while still stock (unlocked and changed network only).

Factory data reset (under privacy settings) fixed it. Probably Clockwork would do similarly.

There may be a less brutal method, but I don't know of it.

Well I flashed to the ROM using Clockwork and of course wiped everything before flashing. Tried again just now:

total wipe + reflash = negative

+ factory reset = negative

+ data wipe in CW = negative

+ wipe + installation of wifi fix = negative

Tried over 3G first and then connected to WiFi in all attempts. Buggers.

Is this rom as fast as Flb 2.2?

Just about. It feels at least as snappy as FLB in screen response and scrolling.

Guest socialworker

Tried to flash the ROM, but for some reason I always get an error in ClockworkMod.

Something like 'Can't create symlink: /some/path'

Read about the problem here but his solution didn't work for me.

Any ideas?

I have been looking for a clean ROM with these fixes out the box, so thanks! dloaded now and will flash to see what happens.

Can we have more stock 'like' ROMS in general at MdDaCo? I think there is a market out there, especially for those who like all the system tweaks/custom kernels etc that this community is so great at - there are many who get their phone 'just right' then make a backup so we have a good, clean baseline to install upon B)

Guest southpaw1
Well I flashed to the ROM using Clockwork and of course wiped everything before flashing. Tried again just now:

total wipe + reflash = negative

+ wipe + installation of wifi fix = negative

Tried over 3G first and then connected to WiFi in all attempts. Buggers.

Just about. It feels at least as snappy as FLB in screen response and scrolling.

just reboot phone mate , and then should connect via 3g

ok so far it looks like a great ROM, titanium restored everything perfectly and its quick and responsive.

I have run into a problem though, on wake the screen initialises but the capacitive matrix does not. Keys are working on the front (as I can feel the haptic feedback) but this does not help me to enter the unlock pattern.