stackbladroid_v0.2 - Froyo ROM for Zte Blade aka Orange San Francisco

Guest stackrish

Can anyone confirm/deny that this ROM suffers the random touchscreen freezes like the other 2.2 ROMs do?

I'm talking about the phenomenon:

'pressing bower button to wake up' --> 'screen lighting up all right' --> 'touching screen doesn't do anything at all' --> 'only taking out the battery helps'

as posted above, yes I can confirm this behaviour.

Edited by ba5e

Guest lljkpugna
GPS does not work for me. GPS fix that has been sorted in some other ROMS by tocixxx & gforums is not implemeted in this ROM.

It seems to work fine for me, just like it did on gforums - it didn't work for me at all on Flibblesan's ROM!

Guest buntoid

Any chance of releasing a rom with just the dialer fix?

The wifi hasn't improved, in fact its become worse!

When wifi does eventually connect after a lengthy time 'acquiring ip address' the wifi icon doesn't show in the notification bar neither does the data connection icon.

I check in the Wlan menu to see if wifi is on only to find it says I'm disconnected.

Trouble is I'm not disconnected, I can still access the internet, market etc and I know its still wifi because its full speed and I only have GPRS around here.

If you tell me which files you changed for the Wlan, I could modify the rom myself if need be.

Thanks

Guest southpaw1
Any chance of releasing a rom with just the dialer fix?

The wifi hasn't improved, in fact its become worse!

When wifi does eventually connect after a lengthy time 'acquiring ip address' the wifi icon doesn't show in the notification bar neither does the data connection icon.

I check in the Wlan menu to see if wifi is on only to find it says I'm disconnected.

Trouble is I'm not disconnected, I can still access the internet, market etc and I know its still wifi because its full speed and I only have GPRS around here.

If you tell me which files you changed for the Wlan, I could modify the rom myself if need be.

Thanks

the fix for the dialer is quite simple , see this post , simply a matter of changing a setting within settings on the phone itself

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e-dialer-issue/

also for those suffering from no connection on 1st install , just reboot phone then connect via 3g , google sign-in will be fine from then on

Edited by southpaw1

Guest buntoid
the fix for the dialer is quite simple , see this post , simply a matter of changing a setting within settings on the phone itself

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e-dialer-issue/

This rom doesn't have those settings probably because it has a different dialer than the other 2.2 roms.

I have gone back to the FLB Froyo rom and taken this dialer with me (I much prefer the look of this dialer) and now wifi is back to normal again and I don't have dialer issues either B)

Edited by buntoid

Guest lljkpugna
This rom doesn't have those settings probably because it has a different dialer than the other 2.2 roms.

It does have that setting! I'm running it now.

My battery life seems much improved from the Flibblesan ROM, but that could be a combination of things - the new lightweight ROM, fixing the dialer, plus doing a battery data wipe. But it's been unplugged for 8 hours now with light usage and the battery still has 75% left!

There doesn't seem to be any major bugs left now. GPS is working fine, battery life is awesome, etc.

Guest buntoid
It does have that setting! I'm running it now.

It may be a result of me swapping aspects of this rom with others but that setting has definitely gone, so I see it as a bonus. B)

Guest oh!dougal

WiFi patch for 2.1

It seemed better for me. It even automagically changed back to wifi after using mobile data instead of hanging onto the 3g.

But it's just hung for me. "Scanning..." (and it didn't realise it was right beside my router). WiFi off and on again and it reconnected OK.

Sorry, but the reconnection issue hasn't been killed by the alternate driver.

Guest Totyasrác

Could anyone please confirm wheter or not this rom contains Talk?

If not - is it enough to grab it from any other Froyo release and just put it into the zip (under /system/apps of course)?

Cheers, downloading it right now (but not willing to try it without GTalk).

Guest DarkCounter
Could anyone please confirm wheter or not this rom contains Talk?

Man - didn't even realize, that GTalk isn't included in this ROM. But now that you say - it isn't in fact. But I had only minor issues (e.g. setting up my Google-account for the very first time). But now everything works flawlessly, even GPS. Found my position fast as lightning... Altogether, this ROM is what I wanted on my San Fran :-)

One thing I found: In my Google calender I have a strange orange rectangle in the upper corner of the app which overlays the first week (in month view). When I switch to weekly view it's still there. Can anyone confirm this issue? I will try doing a scrrenshot for the developer, so that he can have a look into this.

Guest androidswillkillusall

My gps didn't work initially until I started up google navigation.then out worked fine.initially google maps said I was somewhere in yorkshire B)

Guest Simon O
My gps didn't work initially until I started up google navigation.then out worked fine.initially google maps said I was somewhere in yorkshire B)

I have this problem with other roms too. If you leave it for some time it'll eventually find your location properly. I think it's caused by the GPS fix.

Guest dragon2611

I had that a couple times on one of the other 2.2 Roms.

Gave me a bit of a fright earlier I first fired up Navigation and it told me it was over 300miles to my destination :)

Then it quickly got an accuate fix and recalculated the correct route :)

Just installed this ROM, nice and fast.

1) However, the geolocation based on network (not GPS) does not work.

2) I own SmartKeyboard Pro and I can't use it. Although it is activated in settings, still the standard Android keyboard is used everywhere.

3) No automatic brightness control is available in the settings. This was in Android 2.1 MCR r4.

These 3 issues are annoying, any idea what could be causing these problems?

Thanks.

Edited by Anb8

Guest androidswillkillusall
I have this problem with other roms too. If you leave it for some time it'll eventually find your location properly. I think it's caused by the GPS fix.

I had that a couple times on one of the other 2.2 Roms.

Gave me a bit of a fright earlier I first fired up Navigation and it told me it was over 300miles to my destination :)

Then it quickly got an accuate fix and recalculated the correct route B)

hmm...mine seems to be showing the same place in yorkshire again...maybe it helped that i was outdoors when it actually worked?

will try leaving it for a bit and see if it sorts out the location..

are there any other settings i might have left out?

hmm...mine seems to be showing the same place in yorkshire again...maybe it helped that i was outdoors when it actually worked?

will try leaving it for a bit and see if it sorts out the location..

are there any other settings i might have left out?

If you disable intermediate position in your /system/etc/GPS.CONF it will not put you in yorkshire. The setting saves your "last known position" and uses that when the gps starts. Unfortunately the position is reset to some position at every reboot. Mine, for instance sets to middle of sweden as im testing in sweden.

# Intermediate position report, 1=enable, 0=disable

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

Guest David H
Can you try to add this patch via ClockModRecovery

stackblade01_bugfix01.zip

i've got it updated, but i didnt use clockwork for the bugfix.

here's my method :

1. unzip your rom then unzip your bugfix,

2. copy setting.apk (in bugfix) in the unzipped system/app folder (replace the old apk),

3. do the same for the wifi fix but this one should be in system/wifi,

4. zip the whole rom again, then i update the zte os with updated rom.

now it's up and running very fast and no dialer issue at all, battery usage seems very good.. i only get 2% down in 5hrs standby, can receive and send via bluetooth flawlessly.

there are a few issues i want to ask you :

1. why i cant install root explorer? it keeps showing error message

2. sometimes apps that need root access freezing in opening, like titanium backup, autokiller, etc

fyi.. i already use the latest superuser.apk

3. sim toolkit not working (there is no icon in the drawer) though i have it copied in the system/app.

many thanks..

Edited by David H

Just updating my list of issues, today the touch screen stopped responding:v

1) The geolocation based on network (not GPS) does not work.

2) I own SmartKeyboard Pro and I can't use it. Although it is activated in settings, still the standard Android keyboard is used everywhere.

3) No automatic brightness control is available in the settings. This was in Android 2.1 MCR r4.

4) Touch screen stopped responding (power button was still working, but couldn't swype to unlock the phone) and phone had to be restarted by removing battery.