22/Nov r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Commtiva N700 with Online Kitchen

Guest John...
Just picked up another N700 for £180 today from HMV, so i'll be updating the ROM. :D

P

Good man! I'm sure you'll persuade more of us to sign up for custom bakes and hence recoup your very reasonable investment B)

Regards

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chicknlil

I picked up the ViewPad 7 version of this device a few days ago, rooted it with little problem. I've been eyeing this ROM, mostly because of a few small quirks I've been experiencing. Here are my quirks, as well as the system info on my device...

Quirk 1 - The Orientation: Works fine when I use the default launcher (which is perfectly usable). In trying either ADW Ex or LauncherPro though, everything is fine when the device is horizontal (the assumed default position), but turning it 90 degrees puts everything on the screen upside down. Again, no issues like this with the default launcher.

Quirk 2 - Browser Scrolling: Periodically, regardless of which browser I use, the screen (typically in gmail) will not scroll at all, which is problematic. Yes, I know I can use the app version, but I want to have full access to downloads and be able to more easily copy/paste items.

Baseband version: PR3.7_125

Kernal version: Apps_2.6.32.9

Build number: 1008_3_240

Paul, would your ROM resolve these quirks do you think? Or is there something in the buildprop I could modify that would resolve either of this issues?

Much appreciation for your efforts here - I 'upgraded' to AdFree in anticipation of trying your ROM!

Guest LinuxNewbie
let's try this "manual"

1. Download the file "SuperOneClickv" from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682. Extract the zip file out into a folder.

2. Replace the adb.exe from SuperOneClick with the adb.exe from the Mi700 CDROM (this is the virtual drive created when you connect your data cable to windows).

3. Run SuperOneClick > and then click "Root"... it will hang after completing a few tasks. Do not worry. Exit the program.

4. Run the same program again... Click "Root" again and this time, it will finish the process and it would show that the Mi700 is ROOTED.

5. Install the ADB drivers from the CD ROM Drive that is specifically created when you plug the Mi700 to your desktop. Either double click on the drive to enter setup or using Windows Explorer, click on "Setup.exe".

6. Open a command prompt from windows, go to your adb directory.

[For those who have used ADB on other Android devices and have installed AndroidSDK]

Usually, it will be c:/AndroidSDK/Android-Sdk-windows/tools

[For those who are using ADB for the first time]

Open Command Prompt (Start > Run > Type "CMD", and press Enter). Then go to the directory where you extracted the zip file in step 1.

E.g. C:\Users\[your username]\Desktop\SuperOneClickv1.4-ShortFuse

7. Copy the file "su" (there is no file extension) from where you extracted SuperOneClick.zip and put it into your "c:/AndroidSDK/Android-Sdk-windows/tools" folder (if you have AndroidSDK), if not, put it in the same folder as the SuperOneClick extracted file.

8. In your command prompt from step 6, type:

adb push su /system/bin

and the file will be copied to your device.

9. If you had no problems pushing (copying the file) then go straight to step 9. If you get "read-only file system" error. Type the following from the command prompt.

adb shell mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

10. Important last step... you need to change the permission of the file so that you do not lose the root. Type "Adb shell"

a # prompt will appear. Type the following:

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su

and you are done!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...071&page=10

Hi, This is an excellent step by step guide IMHO. Well done ;-).

Noticed however that the Internet icon on the bottom left on the new ROM layout constantly results in the following error....

'The application launcher (process com.android.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Any idea's whether there's a fix to this please?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chicknlil
Just picked up another N700 for £180 today from HMV, so i'll be updating the ROM. :unsure:

P

Hi Paul,

I'd upgraded to Ad-Free after seeing this post of yours, but have noted there's been no new ROMs as yet. Will you be adding a new one?

Also: do you know of any way of fixing the orientation issue?

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...
Hi Paul,

I'd upgraded to Ad-Free after seeing this post of yours, but have noted there's been no new ROMs as yet. Will you be adding a new one?

Also: do you know of any way of fixing the orientation issue?

Many thanks.

I'm sure you're very busy Paul but it would be nice to know if there's any update on this front, picked up a ViewPad 7 from iBood for £140 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the MCR rom out today, runs nice and smooth but getting graphical glitches when using the rear facing camera (front facing works fine).

Anyone else noticed this?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Hisham Mohamed A.salam

what's the supported language

i really have probs with Arabic in my commtiv N700 and looking for roms even it's not free

please help me

also i need arabic support

even a paid room

can any one help???

my device is viewpad 7 running stock foryo 2.2.2

• 1 year later...