03/Mar Gr26 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bill in FL
Anyone else had any random reboot + reboot loops with r26? I was using the phone when it suddenly just started displaying the X animation and pausing and restarting the X animation over and over again. Had to pull the battery. First time I ever had a random crash like this. All previous modaco roms (and the AOSP gingerbread I was running) had never crashed before.

As it turns out, YES, while sitting in the charger dock, probably charged 100%, my N1 did exactly the same thing. Battery pull was the only solution I found. It has been up 19.5 hours since then.

Ever function I have tried has worke3d with this rom, including BT tethering.

In addition, my free internal storage is almost 100MB, when it was about 20MB before installing this new rom. The complete wipe may have contributed, but lots of apps I had deleted are now installed, with lots of available storage.

Thanks, Paul, and all the others who contribute.

Guest nccruz

seems that stock gingerbread for nexus one has mobile hotspot problems and just wanting to get assurance that r26 does include a working mobile hotspot. thanks.

Edited by nccruz

Guest stevenz
Nobody answered....so i took my courage...and installed r26...

I'm very impressed!

I had just to install vpnc and restoring the settings with TiB, and it worked immediately.

Because i did an extreme wipe before installing, that must mean, that tun.ko is already in the rom, isn't it?

Beside of restoring vpnc and its settings i didn't do anything else.

From a shell run lsmod to see what modules are loaded, or look in /lib/modules or /modules to see if it's in there somewhere.

Guest Triklon
Anyone else finding that it hangs at the x screen for more than 10 minutes when installing a cooked a2sd+ rom? I eventually take battery out.

No a2sd version works.

I had the same problem. ClockworkRecovery changed my ext from ext2 to ext3 which caused it to get stuck at the x screen. Reverting to ext2 solved the problem. I haven't figured out how to use ClockworkRecovery with a2sd+. AmonRa works, as long as you don't change to ext3 or ext4.

Guest OhKay
Am I the only one who wants to shell into his phone? The r26 version has such a long string in the kernel version (About Phone) that the SSH password isn't visible. Now I couldn't ssh into my phone even if the ssh daemon were running (which it isn't).

Could somebody please explain how to use the dropbear ssh feature? I included it in the ROM and I (used to) see the ssh password displayed after the kernel version. How do I get the phone to accept ssh connections?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Same problem here. It seems like the dropbear binaries are not included in the image even if I choose to include it in the kitchen.

It was the same in r24, so I manually copied the binaries to the right folder then... But it would be nice if it was in place out of the box.

--

OhKay

Guest sergey.korchagin

After updating on 2.3.3 I have only 196Mb of a free space for applications. I don't remember, how much free space I had in 2.2.1, but now I don't have a free space for some previous applications. Is there any possibility to increase free space for applications?

Guest cyril333

Hello, I have a problem with the installation of the 2.3.3 version.

I have :

- Nexus one rooted, actual version : Android 2.2.1 (MCR r24)

- Radio : 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

- Recovery : AmonRA 2.2.1

- MCR r26 baked without a2sd application, installed with AmonRA in recovery mode.

After wiping my data and installing the r26.zip (I verified the md5sum before), the phone stay on X boot screen (and reboot again and again).

Am I alone with this problem ? Any suggestion that could help me ?

Edited by cyril333

Guest jsl.com
Same problem here. It seems like the dropbear binaries are not included in the image even if I choose to include it in the kitchen.

It was the same in r24, so I manually copied the binaries to the right folder then... But it would be nice if it was in place out of the box.

--

OhKay

At first I was willing to hunt for the binaries and go through the key generation process but I wanted to do it from a shell with a real keyboard so I tried running telnetd. Oddly enough it would accept a connection and then immediately disconnect before even prompting for a user name or giving me a shell prompt. Telnetd has worked for me in the past but maybe there has been some security added...

During my searches I came across QuickSSHd ($1.50 US in the Marketplace). It works great and even has a GUI that lets you change your password. As a plus, it accepts inbound SSH connections on port 22 where they belong.

Cheers!

Jeff

Guest ianst28
Hello, I have a problem with the installation of the 2.3.3 version.

I have :

- Nexus one rooted, actual version : Android 2.2.1 (MCR r24)

- Radio : 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

- Recovery : AmonRA 2.2.1

- MCR r26 baked without a2sd application, installed with AmonRA in recovery mode.

After wiping my data and installing the r26.zip (I verified the md5sum before), the phone stay on X boot screen (and reboot again and again).

Am I alone with this problem ? Any suggestion that could help me ?

well your not alone

i tried to install with a2sd and it just froze on the boot screen then when i re-baked without a2sd it booted up but kept re-booting

i have no idea what to do to make it work so for now i've gone back to my cyanogen nightlys

i'd love to get this working but i'd love to add the htc sense car panel ...... i can kinda get it working but the phone button doesnt work anyone got any ideas ???

Guest bioert

Not working for me. Tried WIPE all, nothing. Tried with and without radio image, nothing. It just stock at Nexus First boot logo.

Guest sleestak

Awesome work on this! I have been waiting for a solid release of rooted GB for a while and glad I made the jump here.

One small request would be to give us the option to install the HTC camera - the interface on that is just so much nicer.

Cheers!

As it turns out, YES, while sitting in the charger dock, probably charged 100%, my N1 did exactly the same thing. Battery pull was the only solution I found. It has been up 19.5 hours since then.

Ever function I have tried has worke3d with this rom, including BT tethering.

In addition, my free internal storage is almost 100MB, when it was about 20MB before installing this new rom. The complete wipe may have contributed, but lots of apps I had deleted are now installed, with lots of available storage.

Thanks, Paul, and all the others who contribute.

My uptime has been 30 hours since it happened. Hopefully doesn't happen again. Everything else is perfect so far. Excellent work Paul.

Edited by egr

Guest Bill in FL
My uptime has been 30 hours since it happened. Hopefully doesn't happen again. Everything else is perfect so far. Excellent work Paul.

My second occurrence of the spontaneous sort-of reboot was after more than 33 hours, during a phone call. I do not remember if I had the USB cable plugged in or not. A battery pull again seemed to be the only way to recover. I call it a sort-of reboot because, while the system shows the collapsing "X", as in a reboot, the phone never recovers without a battery pull.

Guest crawler9

Mine just reset on me too. It wouldn't stop. I didn't want to bother getting my case off so I just hooked it up to my computer and issued adb reboot. One thing I found interesting is that despite nothing seeming to work, programs in the background must've been loaded still. While it was showing the boot animation, my SD was automatically mounted to my computer with "Dual Mount SD", an app that mounts the SD on both the phone and computer at the same time.

Guest kbs24
Still working on TB wake, it's a lot different to Froyo. :(

P

Paul thanks for working on TB wake. I installed your gingerbread yesterday and it went flawlessly as have all the other roms of yours that I have used. BUT, it appears that the patch for Lil Hermit Trackball Alerts is not working. It does not recognize any suitable rom, and when i ask it to list the roms, it is coming up with your r21, instead of the fr26. So, none of my trackball alerts are working. Is there something I have done wrong, or is this something that can easily be fixed? I may have to go back to r24 if I cannot get them working. (I will just then use your Modaco Gingerbread launcher/keyboard.) BTW, the only thing that impresses me about Gingerbread is the keyboard. Thanks!

KS

Guest cyril333

@ianst28 : I found the problem. I was simply with an older version of HBOOT. I just have to update my HBOOT version to 0.35.0017 and it solved it :(

Guest Emmepi
BUT, it appears that the patch for Lil Hermit Trackball Alerts is not working. It does not recognize any suitable rom, and when i ask it to list the roms, it is coming up with your r21, instead of the fr26. So, none of my trackball alerts are working.

Use this instead of Trackball Alert : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=918087

Light Flow : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.r...d.lightflowlite

Guest SurfHost

Lil Hermit Trackball Alerts IS working on my N1 with r26.. not using twitter but the rest is working perfectly WITHOUT any patching :(

Thanks for the hard work Paul! You're the best.

Edited by SurfHost