Sumit Bhardwaj's WM 6.5.3 build 23148 JE2+O2 JD1 Full+Extras ROM

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hi guys,

This is another full WM 6.5.3 JE2 23148 ROM, this time with improved, new versions of Samsung applications. Let me know your thoughts about it. Its again a plain, vanilla 6.5.3 ROM so I don't think screen shots are necessary.

Link : Download from Megaupload.com

Here is what is in the ROM :

- Windows Mobile 6.5, CE OS 5.2.23148 (Build 23148.5.3.11), with Start button at bottom.

- Full JE2 + Omnia 2 JD1 combination ROM with Optimized CSC (1.86 MB only, will work with other ROMs too, though not all maybe), LZX Compression and 12 MB Pagepool for optimum performance.

- Apart from Samsung Widgets, Samsung Today, Dialer, Keyboard and USSD popup executables, all the other samsung apps that had problem with 6.5.x positioning have also been taken from Omnia 2 JD1 rom and are working absolutely great. Touch Player is specially very good with its improved library. So overall this ROM wont feel unpolished like previous one.

- Phone Memory : Approx 143 MB, RAM: About 70 MB on start

- Schaps Advanced Configuration Tool (Highly versatile tweaking utility)

- DotFred's Task Manage 3.3 for WM 6.5 (Highly useful and detailed task manager for power users)

- GPRS Counter application from JE2 ROM (Useful for keeping track of GPRS data usage for limited GPRS plan users. Can show stats in chart as well as report format)

- Midomi Application from Omnia II (Music information recognition software)

- MortScript 4.2 (A very popular scripting runtime for Windows Mobile)

- OpenNETSDF v2.3.0.21 (A framework that complements .NET CF, needed to run many modern .NET based apps).

- SQL Server CE 3.1 (Although SQL Server is always there on Windows mobile in background, this version supports a GUI tool, Query Analyzer, using which you can run SQL commands on your phone B) )

- XDA Shutdown v1.01 with Black Theme (Shutdown, Restart, Sleep or Hibernate your mobile with ease.)

- AutoClose Patch 1.1 (Enhances the way memory allocation/deallocation happens on Omnia, useful for keeping phone running for long time without restart)

- Bluetooth Toggle Application (One touch toggling of bluetooth)

- MADE Text Editor (A simple text editor that supports both ANSI and Unicode text formats)

- PPC PIM Backup (Great Personal Information (contacts, messages, calender, task etc) backup utility)

- Pocket RAR (Archiving utility supporting RAR and ZIP formats)

- Simple Regedit (A powerful registry editor, despite the word simple in its name :) )

- HTCSensorSDK.dll and LibGLES_CM.dll (Needed for accelerometer and OpenGLES v1 support in games and manilla kind of apps)

- Microsoft Voice Commands (from WM 6.5.5 last build, the latest version available. Recognizes Asian accents quiet well, including Indian english :) )

- Latest MyPhone application, No need to install afterwards.

- UTDrv TTF driver for fixing Bold Fonts issue with the new Font Engine of 231xx builds. For more information, search on XDA.

- Bubble Breaker game added from COM2. WM 6.5.3 no longer comes with it.

- Tweaks

----Orientation Settings Enabled

----Titanium Enabled by Default

----JBlend Font Size fix

----WinMO default Settings icon enabled

----Disabled lines between tradional today plugins

----Enabled Lockscreen Picker in Settings>Lockscreen

----Disabled Samsung Large Titlebar for enabling Windows default large icon title bar dropdown

----Enabled Samsung Launcher (that shows up automatically when keyboard is slided) by default)

----Other Misc performance tweaks.

Please note that as with my previous roms, this was for also my personal use, so everything is according to my preferences. If you feel your preferences are same, use it else ignore it. Consider this a disclaimer ;)

Cheers! ;)

PS: Its a self extracting executable, just run the exe, extract the files at some path on your hard drive and you will get the nb0 (PDA) and CSC file for flashing.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest greenonion

winrar - file/tools/ anything else at the down side of display cannot be accesible.

hicalc - problem that the app is moved a little bit down. problem with spacing at the up side of display (hope you know what i mean)

All of 6.5.3 build do have these problem.....

Edited by greenonion

Guest greenonion
is it with ring delay fixed?

No problems at all, even it contains samsung stuff runs smooth... I`ll report if there will be problems (without that damn spacing at top bar).

ps. could you make these build lite? B) and touch it with your touch? :)

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

The missing startmenu bar and close button in some programs is normal for 6.5.x. These programs weren't designed with this kind of drastic UI change in mind. I keep my Long Press of center button configured as OK/Close because of this.

Likewise, placement problem with older apps will be there in all 6.5.x builds because of the changes in UI paradigm. Nothing can be done about these, at least in my knowledge, other than hex editing the dll/exe files responsible for display in that particular app.

The speed is of this build is a bit slow, I guess there is debug code in this build as the AKU number has been shifter from 5.3.10 to 5.3.11. When AKU number shifts, it means new feature/set of features has been added to the build (dont try hard to find the new things, these are mostly not visible easily). When this happens, usually those builds are debug builds which are inherently slow. This will be fixed in later builds, so just wait for next one.

I haven't done anything specific to remove ring delay, but its running fine for my everyday use.

And finally, I am sorry but there will be no lite builds from me. I always like full roms and i share only those roms that I build for myself. B)

Great ROM using it for over a week now, everything I use work thanks ;)

Microsoft Voice Command incoming call announce doesn't work.

One thing which made me flash this ROM was the added Microsoft Voice command, Incoming call announce was working with the original ROM of the B7610 but I cant get it working ever since upgrading ROMs

Can someone help me fix this?

I tried many tweaks found on this site and XDA but none helped, MSVC creates the wav for the announcement but doesn't play it,

sometimes I get lowered volume when the announcement suppose to happen, sometime muted ring while the announcement but it doesn't work,

I'm trying to make the announce work through the device speaker

Guest crazyhorse78

Just flash this rom, speed and UI seem to be improved but I've found 2 problems:

Accelerometer not work in apps like Asphalt 4, Kai Bubble Lever

No Audio Effect (SRS WD) in Media Player

Anyone knows how to fix these?

Guest greenonion
Just flash this rom, speed and UI seem to be improved but I've found 2 problems:

Accelerometer not work in apps like Asphalt 4, Kai Bubble Lever

No Audio Effect (SRS WD) in Media Player

Anyone knows how to fix these?

I`ve been JUST using these rom for more than a week, and MR. Sumit Bhardwaj is allready making the new ROM. So the question was for him...

And I really dont have those two problems! Only caller is not shown with name only with number

I`ve been JUST using these rom for more than a week, and MR. Sumit Bhardwaj is allready making the new ROM. So the question was for him...

And I really dont have those two problems! Only caller is not shown with name only with number

The called not shown can be fixed by changing the called ID count in advanced config under phone, it is set to 10, i set it to 8 and it fixed it.

• 2 months later...
Guest prajwal hegde

Hey I have downloaded this file, but when I am trying to flash my b7610 the octans downloader doesnt detect the device and the start downloading icon on octans is grey'd out....Need help to upgrade

Guest sush_omnia_7610
Hey I have downloaded this file, but when I am trying to flash my b7610 the octans downloader doesnt detect the device and the start downloading icon on octans is grey'd out....Need help to upgrade

Have you installed samsung CDMA driver (you need it before attempting to flash) also check if your phone is identified by active sync on attaching to USB. This guide may help :

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

see this "Software required for flashing i8000 ROM"

• 4 months later...
Guest sandeep101

hey sumit, where r u ? no new release? i m great fan of ur roms. thanks for ur great roms.

Edited by sandeep101