Fix for the "Dialer Issue"

Guest chall32

Guest chall32

Same here. I haven't seen "cell standby" and "phone idle" until now. Still looking good:

post-618544-1290545085_thumb.png

Also had a re-occurrence of that very rare thing; battery percentage increasing by 1 or 2 percent whilst the phone was idle. Used to see this quite often with my old T-Mob Pulse. Never seen this before with my S-F.

Talking of clever dicks, I guess now that we know what the cause is we are one giant step closer to resolving? What do you think?

Guest dragon2611
That would explain why I couldn't find a problem with my dialer.

The first thing I did after flashing the 2nd time was turn the turn to mute function off as it really bugged the heck out of me the first time I tried the rom

Been working a week now with no problems with the dialer

Was one of the first things I disabled as If I leave it on I keep accidently triggering the phone to go onto mute then wondering why it's not making any noise when a call/sms comes in B)

Was one of the first things I disabled as If I leave it on I keep accidently triggering the phone to go onto mute then wondering why it's not making any noise when a call/sms comes in B)

facepalm.jpg

So thats why it kept going silent.

Guest targetbsp
Thanks Chris, nice find.

For anyone not moved to froyo I would highly recommend it. I have no wi-fi issues, no gps issues and now no dialler issues.

Sounds good! I don't use the radio so I'm now very tempted to leave the stock orange rom at last.

Guest dragon2611
^Jump in, the froyo's fine!

Seriously, apart from the light sensor not working, froyo's just as solid as the stock rom.

And the digitizer sometimes stops working.... requiring a battery pull to reboot the phone before you can do anything on the touchscreen.

Or is that just mine?

Guest dragon2611
Doesnt happen here, but i just installed this evening.

If that happens, its back to 2.1 i guess.

It's very infrequent it's happend maybe 3-4 times since i've been running 2.2 Roms (which was pretty soon after I got my SF B) )

Tends to be more likely to happen if i've left the phone on a long time.

Running the flb-froyoG2 rom atm but also had the issue on the Gforms r4b

For all I know it's quite possible it's something i've got running on the phone thats doing it although I think i've seen another person report it happening as well.

Guest paddymcn
Yea, touchscreen issues with all the Froyo's I'm afraid. It's thought that the issue comes from the original leaked Chinese ROM.

I've been using the beta from 17th November and I've not had to pull the battery once, screen has be a little slow to react on occasion but it has never frozen.

Bugger, it popped back up. Not sure why though. Plus its at 40% usage with Tasker leading at 55% so maybe that's normal? But then I don't recall openning the dialer at all.

Yea, touchscreen issues with all the Froyo's I'm afraid. It's thought that the issue comes from the original leaked Chinese ROM.

Not affected me once in the 2 weeks+ I've been using Froyo. Though having said that I reboot fairly regularly (every few days).

Guest buntoid

I've applied a similar fix to the FLB Froyo rom by changing the dialer to the one used in stackbladroid v0.1.

It appears this dialer doesn't have the "Turn to mute" setting also I much prefer the look of this dialer.

I've applied a similar fix to the FLB Froyo rom by changing the dialer to the one used in stackbladroid v0.1.

It appears this dialer doesn't have the "Turn to mute" setting also I much prefer the look of this dialer.

It's not the dialer - I've gone back to FLB and changed this setting, and it works hunky dory B).

Guest AndyHibberd

Worth mentioning:

Sometimes your Battery Usage will say that "app X" has been using 67% battery when it hasn't, it's just a random application and aggregate statistic.

What I mean by this is that once I checked the usage and it said 34% System, remaining Flikie Wallpapers. I hadn't even used Flikie since booting my phone, but had used plenty of other apps.

Summary - Don't put all faith in the built-in Usage monitor.

Install PowerTutor to have a REAL idea of what uses your battery.

Andy

Guest buntoid
It's not the dialer - I've gone back to FLB and changed this setting, and it works hunky dory B).

I never said it was the dialer... what I said was 'It appears this dialer doesn't have the "Turn to mute" setting also I much prefer the look of this dialer'

So not only do I get a better looking dialer I also don't have to apply the fix as that menu doesn't exist.

Not only is the dialer fixed also the issue I had with the red led lighting and not going out after an email or text message being received but that might have something to do with taking lights.msm7k.so from the stackbladroid v0.1 also.

Edited by buntoid

Guest Andy Maclean
I've been using the beta from 17th November and I've not had to pull the battery once, screen has be a little slow to react on occasion but it has never frozen.

I get it about once a week, but its bearable.

The main issue with froyo is the lack of coarse location (from cell/wifi), probably need to build a custom kernal to fix that tho.