03/Mar Gr26 - NO SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tuatha
Everything running smooth over here.

Except for 1 small issue.. when people call they keep hearing themselves in echo.

Doesn't seem to make any difference in turning my speaker volume up or down.

Using a kitchen download with latest radio update (32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.17).

Other than that, nice job Paul, thanks for another great ROM.

:(

That echo issue was in the Oxygen 2.0 Gingerbread release too. I'm pretty sure they found a fix for it in the thread on XDA. Something about reverting to the old sound drivers? Can't remember.

Edited by tuatha

Guest Johnrg

Hi Paul,

Thanks again for the work you've done on this. Working great so far!

I'll +1 to a Kitchen option to install the drop down power controls found in a few other custom ROMS. They're quite useful, more so when you've not got them anymore!

And other bug, which appears to be across all Gingerbread ROMS, and I wonder if you could work his magic on...

Bluetooth Phonebook sharing!

I can pair my phone to my Sony system (one of the standard ones in a Ford Focus) and all is well. I can make calls, receive them etc... turn of the engine, restart, reconnect no problems.

But, if I accept the phonebook sharing request, where my phone sends numbers to the stereo so it can display who's calling, it stops the phone connecting properly thereafter. Constantly connecting and reconnecting.

Any clues on how to fix?

Cheers,

John

Guest Farg0
That echo issue was in the Oxygen 2.0 Gingerbread release too. I'm pretty sure they found a fix for it in the thread on XDA. Something about reverting to the old sound drivers? Can't remember.

Sweet, thanks for the tip. I now have no echo issues anymore. :(

I followed the instructions from comment #16 found here: echo during calls

Edited by Farg0

Guest haggis23

Another bug perhaps? Need someone to confirm.

When charging the orange LED is on, but when it gets to 90% the LED goes green to indicate being full charged but on screen it still stays "charging 90%" etc until it does reach 100% then it says charged.

Guest ShirazS
Another bug perhaps? Need someone to confirm.

When charging the orange LED is on, but when it gets to 90% the LED goes green to indicate being full charged but on screen it still stays "charging 90%" etc until it does reach 100% then it says charged.

This is normal behavior on all Non-Sense ROM's

Guest Shahar Biron

Very fast ROM. Makes the desire scream for speed.

Found an issue with "phonecard express" app. Worked fine on Froyo, but now instead of dialing the calling card access number is starts a "ussd code running" function which ultimately fails the dialing attempt.

Any thoughts?

Guest ziggy1001
Anyone??

RIL

HTC-RIL 2.21001G

su

getprop gsm.version.ril-impl

Whilst on the topic of su commands is there a new df -h?

Edited by ziggy1001

Guest Shahar Biron

Hi,

I've just came up with another issue. I saw it twice (I wiped and re-applied the ROM the first time... now I'm thinking of reverting to Froyo...)

After restart of the phone (when it is configured with Exchange server, and thus screen is locked with a PIN) the PIN set before the restart is not accepted and the phone is working only for incoming calls....

Any idea what is the "default" PIN number? Or why the value is not valid in next restart?

10x.

Guest Reaver.man

Can somebody please make a screenshot of the online kitchen? I'd love to see it to determine if I need it or if I should just grab a pre-bake.

Thank you very much in advance.

Guest sindbadi

It's really awesome to have a reliable Gingerbread ROM.

And now the issues:

Wishlist:

Trackpad wake/unlock

Nice to have pull-down menu controls like on Ginger Villain 1.4

Thanks

Guest haggis23

I meant the notification LED mainly, that's the one I miss most!

To sum up what's not there for those who are interested:

Notification LED doesn't work (but does show when charging/full).

The USB Storage screen is sometimes just black, or has the wrong button/text/popups for what you're trying to do although you can enable/disable the mass storage mode without enough poking. Same thing can happen for Debug mode on/off.

There's no FM radio.

The camera doesn't record in 720p any more, max of 720x480 roughly i think, in 3gp files (eww!)

The Dropbear SSH option doesn't seem to do anything?

Guest ShirazS
Can the HTC flashlight/torch and FM radio apps be added to this ROM - either in the kitchen or as a standalone app?

I would love this as well.

I meant the notification LED mainly, that's the one I miss most!

Gotcha, yes, investigating that too.

re: Flashlight / Radio, no, not the HTC versions, but we might be able to put in replacements.

Dropbear *should* work, it's on the list to check out. :(

P