03/Mar Gr26 - NO SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zaphodbeeb

Hi,

I think this is a marvellous rom and have been using it for three weeks. However I have one problem with it. Busybox. An old version of busybox is loaded with this rom, and when I try to update it to a more recent it causes problems on my htc desire s-off. If I use the busybox app from the market to update it provides a message to the tune of "cant update, tell your rom provider to install busybox in the correct location. If I use busybox installer, it allows me to install a newer version but then wont boot pas the bootloader. I eventuallyovercame this (sort of) by upgrading via titanium backup pro, but of course this is only an update for titanium itself.

This occurs on both the sense and non sence versions of your kitchen roms.

One other minor point. Some of the apps selected dont appear to have been installed despite being selected. I noticed this problem for ROM manager.

I have played with many roms, but I think this no sense kitchen ROM is one of, if not the best I have found. So stable, and surprisingly good on power. I do hope you continue to develop your kitchen roms. :D

Edited by zaphodbeeb

Guest sleestak

PLEASE revisit this ROM !

There is nothing but buggy crap hanging out in xda for this phone and this is so far the best since Enomther's last. Please just fix the random reboot loops & maybe, if you feel really ambitious, can we get HTC camera on here?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Farg0

I am also experiencing these random reboot loops, same with my gf's phone.

But still, i'm in love with this ROM; it's just that I wouldn't like moving to another one.. so ..

Maybe if you had a bit of spare time to look into this Paul? ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the same but happens when I run a game for more than 5 minutes,started of just random but now it's as I said.

i had same problem (with Modaco and other ROMs).

your phone is probably broken. i unrooted/rebranded it and got my desire replaced by t-mobile after 1 year.

• 1 month later...
Guest Taraman

Hi,

this is a great ROM, but I also have the random boot loop issue every 2-3 days.

are there any logs or else I can provide to help track this error?

Another issue is, that I get update messages from market for already updated apps.

Taraman

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pcofmind

Hi Paul,

My HTC Desire loves your work, thank you for all your time and effort.biggrin.gif

I have a question regarding the NO Sense ROM for the HTC Desire after baking and installing the ROM, the phone worked beautifully and I loved experimenting with the new interface, but the phone lost the ability to use the HTC Sync, the HTC Sync on the PC no longer recognizes the phone when attached via the USB cable, Window 7 will pick up the phone as a external HDD, when it is select on the phones sync app.huh.gif

I have now come across HTC's own release of it's 2.3 Gingerbread ROM for the Desire with Sense included and it requires the HTC Sync in order to install it, of cause I would like to try it, and have attempted to reinstall the previous r11 ROM with Sense in order to get the HTC Sync working once more but unfortunately it seems once you migrated from Froyo to Gingerbread there is no easy way of going back, hence the reason why I writing to you, so I may pick your brain for ideas how I might remedy the situation before I do something stupid like bricking my phone.sad.gif

Kind regards

Andrew