StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

try swipe see if that has any lag issues, and make sure u install 1.4.5 , factory reset, let it load , turn off ,reinstall rom, seams to work best for market issue, etc

Did that, web browser still crashes on exit, meaning the input lag is still there...

So to re-iterate what I have found:

-The lag is the result of the default web browser crashing. After three or four crashes with a webpage loaded up there is a noticeable difference when inputting text within the browser, particularly long strings of it like when responding to forum posts. Rebooting my phone returns the input to a tolerable level.

-After a few crashes, I found that some web non-default web browsers have the lag, some don't. The Opera beta, for example, was quick and smooth, while Dolphin HD had the same problems as the stock browser.

-Also, after a few crashes, all keyboards had the lag. It did seem to be worst whenever I had a user dictionary loaded though (my main keyboard is the XDA-modified HTC IME)

Could someone try getting the browser to crash with a bunch of web pages loaded up a few times and test to see if you're getting the same issues as me? Just create a new post or reply to this thread and start typing a bunch... After about two lines it should get veeeerry laggy.

Guest vinokirk

Hmmmnever seen this one before. When i type adb shell i get:

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

I flashed 1.4.5 over 1.4.2 and its stuck at dell logo, doesnt even get to coloured

UPDATE:Hmmm....tried for an hour doing different things and it wouldnt install. Mustve been a bad download as i downloaded 1.4.5 again just now and it installed first time. Could we get some MD5 checksums with future versions B)

UPDATE: got 2 FCs when first running Market, but now seems to be downloading fine

UPDATE:scrub that, Market FC'ing when installing, but items do install. Trying a new flash with no wipes, see if that fixs it

UPDATE: Reflashed with no wipes for factory reset and market is still FC'ing. Will get logcat+pastebin it

Edited by vinokirk

Guest roger2046
you should be able to update baseband and flash direct - untested though

Thank you for your reply.

I try to start from 2.1 baseband 21 as I said before.

I Cannot flash the 1.45 in recocovery mode.

Error "E:can't find MISC:" <---3 of this show up.

Then I try apply sdcard:update.zip in the Recovery menu again.

--- Install from sdcard...

E:can't find MISC

Finding upadte packeage ...

Opening upadate package...

E:can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted

E:can't find MISC:

Now I lost the network only wifi. I am still in 2.1 with baseband unknown.

Any idea?

Pls help

Thanks !

Guest terewong
Thank you for your reply.

I try to start from 2.1 baseband 21 as I said before.

I Cannot flash the 1.45 in recocovery mode.

Error "E:can't find MISC:" <---3 of this show up.

Then I try apply sdcard:update.zip in the Recovery menu again.

--- Install from sdcard...

E:can't find MISC

Finding upadte packeage ...

Opening upadate package...

E:can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted

E:can't find MISC:

Now I lost the network only wifi. I am still in 2.1 with baseband unknown.

Any idea?

Pls help

Thanks !

I have similar experience about the installation aborted, I believe it is because the file is not downloaded completely, try again to download the file and update again. Hope it helps.

Guest Stephen Hyde
I have similar experience about the installation aborted, I believe it is because the file is not downloaded completely, try again to download the file and update again. Hope it helps.

well for a start its looking for update.zip not update-rel-1.4.5.zip B)

Guest roger2046
well for a start its looking for update.zip not update-rel-1.4.5.zip B)

Thank you for reply

I had already rename it to update.zip before copy it to the sdcard.

any suggestion?

Guest adzman808
Thank you for reply

I had already rename it to update.zip before copy it to the sdcard.

any suggestion?

are you selecting "flash update.zip" from the top level of clockwork menu?

you need to go into the CWork menu & select "select zip from my SD card" then select the zip you downloaded

apologies if this is what you're doing already.... in which case i dont know!

Guest roger2046
are you selecting "flash update.zip" from the top level of clockwork menu?

you need to go into the CWork menu & select "select zip from my SD card" then select the zip you downloaded

apologies if this is what you're doing already.... in which case i dont know!

I think I did what u said

Guest roger2046

I read yr blog. U got 2.2. very nice

Guest adzman808
I think I did what u said

try renaming the zip file to something else roger.zip maybe?

then when you select it with clockwork you know 100% it's the correct file

other than that f knows buddy, sorry i like to try & help but i know so little, i'm sure one of the other guys will help out

Guest adzman808

=============================

*IDIOT POST ALERT*IDIOT POST ALERT*

=============================

@Steve

i'm sure i'm, being a c0ck with this question, but......

where is 1.4.5 available for download?

i looked on p1 & only saw 1.4.2

then i looked on here

http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/

& didn't see a 1.4.5 either

i know i bang on (& on) about sticking with your 1.1.1, but i do tend to download everythign you make, cos you never know....

Cheers

ahem, so that would be 2 thirds the way down of p1 then

what a c0ck i am, defo best if i don't play with lib & framework huh?

#sheepish#

Edited by adzman808

Guest pompeyboyz

I have updated from 1.4.1 to 1.4.5 no problems and it seems ok. I have spotted though in Startup Auditor that Swype is in the list of apps but I have never installed it and it is not showing in my normal apps list. Is this something addeed in the update and should I factory reset to get it showing?

If this is the case what else is in the update in app terms?

I have updated from 1.4.1 to 1.4.5 no problems and it seems ok. I have spotted though in Startup Auditor that Swype is in the list of apps but I have never installed it and it is not showing in my normal apps list. Is this something addeed in the update and should I factory reset to get it showing?

If this is the case what else is in the update in app terms?

Swype is built in. You can go to \system\apps to find out what apps are installed.

Guest pompeyboyz
Swype is built in. You can go to \system\apps to find out what apps are installed.

Figured it's working out now B)

Just tested it and it is bloody brilliant. Did neanderthal without a hitch

Guest icediced

I haven't updated to 1.4.5 yet because of the market problems, still on 1.4.2!

The last couple of days have been a bit weird though, my battery has gotten a bit worse than when I was using 1.2, can any one suggest battery saving options with setcpu? I've set it to 625/245 on screen off but the battery still drains quite a bit.

Other than that, thank you for the constant updates Stephan! =] Shall be waiting for 1.4.x when the market is fixed

Guest mancterrier
Did that, web browser still crashes on exit, meaning the input lag is still there...

So to re-iterate what I have found:

-The lag is the result of the default web browser crashing. After three or four crashes with a webpage loaded up there is a noticeable difference when inputting text within the browser, particularly long strings of it like when responding to forum posts. Rebooting my phone returns the input to a tolerable level.

-After a few crashes, I found that some web non-default web browsers have the lag, some don't. The Opera beta, for example, was quick and smooth, while Dolphin HD had the same problems as the stock browser.

-Also, after a few crashes, all keyboards had the lag. It did seem to be worst whenever I had a user dictionary loaded though (my main keyboard is the XDA-modified HTC IME)

Could someone try getting the browser to crash with a bunch of web pages loaded up a few times and test to see if you're getting the same issues as me? Just create a new post or reply to this thread and start typing a bunch... After about two lines it should get veeeerry laggy.

Mines very laggy too in xscope when typing in forums...

Guest madd_dog

Hi,

Does any one here use the A/V dock as a charging station at night? I do. My alarm and ring does not work when i am docked to A/V dock. I have observed this since 1.4.

Before 1.4, when I connected to the AV dock, I used to get a notification asking me whether i wanted to redirect my device speaker to the AV speaker. Now (1.4.5) I see no such message.

Is there anyway to turn on the ringer and alarm (or otherwise force the device to use its speaker) when connected to AV dock?

Thanks,

Madhav