Favourite Vega apps

Guest PaulOBrien

Now that we have the Market on our Vegas (see here), I thought it'd be cool to share favourite apps.

I'll populate my list as I go, but I'm currently using...

• LauncherPro (8 columns / 5 rows on both Home and Launcher, looks ace)
  • Angry Birds (looks awesome on the 10" screen!)
  • Tweetdeck
  • Smart Keyboard Pro (with increased key height)

How about anyone else? B)

P

Guest matneee

ezPDF Reader, which makes flitting about books and newspapers an absolute breeze.

Reckless Racing is fantastic in fullscreen, once you've turned off compatability mode with Spare Parts.

I haven't got mine yet as I'm still at work .... arse ...

However once its up and running and the market is on (thanks Paul) ... I will be loading my favorite games and seeing how they perform, in no particular order:

Angry Birds

Fruit Ninja

Reckless Racing

Mini Squadron

Pocket Legends

Radiant

Pool Break Pro

Shoot UI

Space Physics

What the Doodle

Edited by obb

Guest danielj58

A little OT, but has anyone tested Spotify on this beasty yet? :P

EDIT:

And anyone fancy giving this a whirl? Not so much fun on my liquid but I imagine it might be half decent on a tablet (if someone can get it working in landscape)

EDIT 2:

Links always help...

Edited by danielj58

Guest debs626

My recommendations are :-

Tweetcaster (free)

Smart Keyboard PRO (€1,99) non-fullscreen option

Fring (free) Makes good video calls

Angry Birds (free)

DropBox (free) really good for transferring files between Vega/PC/Phone

Moon+ Reader (free) has to be the best I have tried so far. Works very well on the Vega

Paul's App of the Day (free) would be rude not to have this installed :P

More to be added as I discover what works well on my Advent Vega

Edited by debs626

Evening peeps,

Can anyone recommend an alternative marketplace. I've been trying all day to load the custom rom onto my vega with no luck, so I have now come to the conclusion that the google marketplace is no more for me.

I have installed appslib and that has to be the biggest pile of poo ever! I cannot find 1 decent app.

Please help. I'm loving my vega, but hating the fact that I cannot get any decent apps.

Guest debs626
Evening peeps,

Can anyone recommend an alternative marketplace. I've been trying all day to load the custom rom onto my vega with no luck, so I have now come to the conclusion that the google marketplace is no more for me.

I have installed appslib and that has to be the biggest pile of poo ever! I cannot find 1 decent app.

Please help. I'm loving my vega, but hating the fact that I cannot get any decent apps.

Have you tried SlideMe Marketplace ? tbh I dont think thats much better.

http://slideme.org/

Guest TylerDurdenK
Evening peeps,

Loading the custom ROM is a very simple thing to do. If I can do it anyone can. Post on the relevant thread and I'll see if I can help.

More on topic I like:

PowerAmp

Sky+

Angry Birds

Edited by TylerDurdenK

Guest dirtyfrog
mvideoplayer

Its the only one ive found so far that isnt locked to a certain orientation

Looks good ta, but isn't able to play a 720p HDTV X264 mkv file. Would anything, or are there only certain video file types that will play?

Looks good ta, but isn't able to play a 720p HDTV X264 mkv file. Would anything, or are there only certain video file types that will play?

Does it work in the gallery app?... it can only play the formats the phone supports.

(i am in the same boat as you wanting to play 720p MKVs.. i got it to work once but has stopped working now, but even then it wasnt really watchable)

I haven't got mine yet as I'm still at work .... arse ...

However once its up and running and the market is on (thanks Paul) ... I will be loading my favorite games and seeing how they perform, in no particular order:

Angry Birds

Fruit Ninja

Reckless Racing

Mini Squadron

Pocket Legends

Radiant

Pool Break Pro

Shoot UI

Space Physics

What the Doodle

All of the above work .. Apart from Pocket Legends which doesn't even start up ...

I had to change the app compatibility setting as a couple of games didnt run full screen, otherwise they all work fine.

Spotify works but only in portait mode, and has a few issues with the res, but it still works fine.

Adobe Reader works ok, but is a bit slow with complex PDF's and has crashed a couple of times.

Tried Dolphin HD, but it made the tablet crash every couple of seconds and do a cold reboot for some reason.

For some reason I cant get wallpapers to work from choosing a gallery picture either, but that may be a problem with launcherpro

Dolphin HD working great here...?

P

I dunno .. I was installing a lot of stuff last night , and playing around with settings so it could have been something else ... I have a feeling it might have been crashing due the 'wallpaper from gallery' issue that myslef and others have had .. .That seems to crash launcherpro so it might have just been that ...

Will have a look over the weekend.

please try to describe the apps you recommend, because noobs don't understand -- like me :P

Mine are all games ... If you dont know what Angry Birds is then you must have been in a coma for the last 6 months ... :D

Angry Birds in 10 inches is the only way to play really ... I went back and played it on my little Acer LIquid and it just wasnt the same (well it was , but smaller!)

Dolphin HD works ok. was using it last night

crashes when a page has alot of flash ads.

and also i find loading times of webpages is quicker in stock browser.

just like the tabs tho.

firefox for android is ok, but you can tell its only a beta.