Favourite Vega apps

Guest PaulOBrien

Since updating to the new version of fring, thhe front camera is no longer working. I am able to receive video but they are not able to see me. Does anyone have this problem?

Guest dagrim1
...guys you should check out Tank Hero (beta) = awesome game on 10" screen!

Funny one ;)

Have a hard time operating the tanks though :P It's going so fast! Do you also have some graphical glitches btw? Mainly with the tanks...

Guest harmohn
Funny one ;)

Have a hard time operating the tanks though :P It's going so fast! Do you also have some graphical glitches btw? Mainly with the tanks...

Not seen any in-game graphical glitches as yet; though I'll keep a better eye out for any now you've mentioned it :P

Guest warriorscot

Just found a new favourite app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=128 samba filesharing on android.

Starts a samba server on the vega that runs whenever the wireless does and lets the vega show as an accessible network device on my windows machine letting me add and remove files from windows instead of having to either access the PC from the Vega in Astro or hooking up the USB. Works pretty well so far but not had it long will post any problems later.

All of the above work .. Apart from Pocket Legends which doesn't even start up ...

I had to change the app compatibility setting as a couple of games didnt run full screen, otherwise they all work fine.

Spotify works but only in portait mode, and has a few issues with the res, but it still works fine.

Adobe Reader works ok, but is a bit slow with complex PDF's and has crashed a couple of times.

Tried Dolphin HD, but it made the tablet crash every couple of seconds and do a cold reboot for some reason.

For some reason I cant get wallpapers to work from choosing a gallery picture either, but that may be a problem with launcherpro

Sorry I'm new here, how do I change the app compatability settings?

thanks

Edited by wilx01

Sorry I'm new here, how do I change the app compatability settings?

thanks

You need to have Pauls custom rom installed and go to the Spare Parts app and its located at the bottom.

Guest TylerDurdenK

Me too! I mapped it as a network drive which means it sits in My Computer whenever the Vega is attached to my home WiFi.

Shame you can't get access to the root of the Vega, but the SD Card access helps for lots of things.

Me too! I mapped it as a network drive which means it sits in My Computer whenever the Vega is attached to my home WiFi.

Shame you can't get access to the root of the Vega, but the SD Card access helps for lots of things.

Yer same here, mapped it aswell.

Guest harmohn
Just found a new favourite app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=128 samba filesharing on android.

Starts a samba server on the vega that runs whenever the wireless does and lets the vega show as an accessible network device on my windows machine letting me add and remove files from windows instead of having to either access the PC from the Vega in Astro or hooking up the USB. Works pretty well so far but not had it long will post any problems later.

...the most useful app yet — good call! :)

does this require the su app mentioned to install on the vega or just the samba? which install did you use? the apk or adb method?

thanks in advance for any help

does this require the su app mentioned to install on the vega or just the samba? which install did you use? the apk or adb method?

thanks in advance for any help

Yes it requires the su app to be installed on the Vega. You can do this through the market, then just download the apk and run it.

I just followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=128

Yes it requires the su app to be installed on the Vega. You can do this through the market, then just download the apk and run it.

I just followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=128

Personally I've managed to install the app but I'm struggling with the mapping part. We're given an IP address (\\192.168.xxx.xxx) and a name (\\MyAndroid). Neither works when I enter them verbatim into the network location text box. Any advice on how to set this up? Many thanks!

many thanks, installed superuser from marketplace, installed apk, went to settings, filled in all options, disabled and enabled and YAY :)

able to browse from windows pc no problem :)

thanks for the help all who have posted re this app

Guest warriorscot
Personally I've managed to install the app but I'm struggling with the mapping part. We're given an IP address (\\192.168.xxx.xxx) and a name (\\MyAndroid). Neither works when I enter them verbatim into the network location text box. Any advice on how to set this up? Many thanks!

What OS are you running, on Vista and Win7 its stupidly easy as it just shows up on the network drop down as whatever you have called it and its part of the normal home network and treated like it. I can't remember if older windows operating systems have such a seamless integration of SAMBA file sharing.

What OS are you running, on Vista and Win7 its stupidly easy as it just shows up on the network drop down as whatever you have called it and its part of the normal home network and treated like it. I can't remember if older windows operating systems have such a seamless integration of SAMBA file sharing.

XP unfortunately. I would imagine it's pretty seamless with Windows 7. I don't see it appear in the network list, and when I try to search for it it doesn't recognise the address, so I was wondering what exactly I ought to search for.

Guest removed-14
on tweetdeck, my app crashes when i touch the compass icon in the bottom right.

anybody elses does this?

Yup, I get the same. Not even sure what that does!? Does it try to turn on GPS that isn't there by any chance?