MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Re-installing / enabling Flash on the Vega

107 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just to answer my own post, I downloaded flash from here http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...r-for-the-vega/ onto my laptop and copied it into dropbox. Opened Dropbox on the Vega and installed the .apk magic now have Flash again.

Have had a couple of FC and reboots trying to demo a very flash heavy site in normal browser.

I have firefox on now so will try that.

I hope I have the correct version of flash. its libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101028_v10.1.95.22_signed.apk ?

will try iplayer and report back if any problems.

Steve

I found that after loading 'R8' the Flash from Android Market worked OK

Posted · Report post

From twitter:

AdventVega:

Hi all. A new Vega build will be up later today containing the fully certified version of flash. Details to follow later.

Posted · Report post

I haven't got shuttle_priv folder in system/etc so iv'e downladed the flash apk onto my computer but im not sure what the cmd is to push it to the correct file/folder on my vega any help please.

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's already on the device. Open a command window. With USB debugging enabled and connected to the PC, and being in the directory that you have install-windows.bat, do:

adb-windows.exe shell pm install -r /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk

That will get flash working again...

Hi, I too don't have the /system/etc/shuttle_priv directory on the device so I tried to re-copy across but I get the message:

F:\V1>adb-windows.exe shell pm install -r /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk

pkg: /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.

95.18_signed.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

Can someone Help? I reinstalled the latest rom but it made no difference when I tried again.... And I have plenty of space on the device...

Edited by Si J

From twitter:
Edited by jacquisue

Posted · Report post

I just stumbled across this http://bit.ly/hBENR1 it is the official Vega flash installer.

Better than faffing with arbitrary, no? :D

Hi all,

Paul wrote

( Flash for the Vega is a special version optimised for GLES2. The market versions aren't, hence the issue. )

-----------------------

My vega is showing In the About device section

Model Number

MoDaCo Custom ROM for Advent Vega r8

EC version

Kernel version

2.632.9_MCK_r2_slave

Build number

harmony 2.2 FRF91 20110105.180720

So how do we re-activate flash after we've installed paul's r8 rom onto our vega

I too don't have the /system/etc/shuttle_priv directory on the device

My vega had 1.09 newest build flash version preinstalled, i bought it on 26 Feb Saterday , so it was a upto date version .

Has this situation been resolved by anyone ?

Thanks for any solution .............. Ive placed this request about 8 hrs ago , i paid my £9.99 subscriptiuon can you help Paul .

Edited by jbplacebo

Posted · Report post

Flash support on the Vega seems a little strange. Strange in the way it's installed and strange in itself.

Upgrading or updating seems to occasionally break Flash support in the browser, as does installing an updated version from the Market (the Vega seems to have an accelerated version specifically for the Tegra hardware).

If Flash has stopped working on your machine, the fix is super easy!

Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install.

DONE! :huh:

P

Hi, Paul. I know the vega's flash player that it's custom for advent vega by adobe. after install R8. the flash video quality is poor than original of advent. how can I get back the flash version? or it's possible backup it before installing R8

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

Paul wrote

( Flash for the Vega is a special version optimised for GLES2. The market versions aren't, hence the issue. )

-----------------------

My vega is showing In the About device section

Model Number

MoDaCo Custom ROM for Advent Vega r8

EC version

Kernel version

2.632.9_MCK_r2_slave

Build number

harmony 2.2 FRF91 20110105.180720

So how do we re-activate flash after we've installed paul's r8 rom onto our vega

I too don't have the /system/etc/shuttle_priv directory on the device

My vega had 1.09 newest build flash version preinstalled, i bought it on 26 Feb Saterday , so it was a upto date version .

Has this situation been resolved by anyone ?

Thanks for any solution .............. Ive placed this request about 8 hrs ago , i paid my £9.99 subscriptiuon can you help Paul .

See reply in thread

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...s/#entry1592612

WHERE

You may want to tone it down a bit

Shouting won't endear you to anyone not least myself when trying to help you

However Link was broken and I will try again, carry on like that though and no one will bother

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

Try this this one

Edited by Dav0

Posted · Report post

You may want to tone it down a bit

Shouting won't endear you to anyone not least myself when trying to help you

However Link was broken and I will try again, carry on like that though and no one will bother

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

Try this this one

Posted · Report post

Sorry Davo ........

I was'nt meaning to Shout .......... im just not very used to this kind of thing .

Im still finding it hard to get that links website to download for me

and then once ive downloaded it to my pc I dont know the proceedure of getting it onto my vega .

Im very new to this type of thing.

Cheers and thanks

Posted · Report post

Sorry Davo ........

I was'nt meaning to Shout .......... im just not very used to this kind of thing .

Im still finding it hard to get that links website to download for me

and then once ive downloaded it to my pc I dont know the proceedure of getting it onto my vega .

Im very new to this type of thing.

Cheers and thanks

once you have it downloaded apk file device, find it iplayer, click on it and it will install

Posted · Report post

Can somebody please help me?

I click system and then etc but do not have shuttle_priv all i have is shuttle.sh and shuttle_ins.sh, also downloaded flash from market but still no luck, any ideas what is wrong. I have checked again and again but still cannot find it, what can I do?

Regards

Alex

Posted · Report post

Can somebody please help me?

I click system and then etc but do not have shuttle_priv all i have is shuttle.sh and shuttle_ins.sh, also downloaded flash from market but still no luck, any ideas what is wrong. I have checked again and again but still cannot find it, what can I do?

Regards

Alex

Had the same problem after buying my Vega last week with Flash already installed and flashing the ROM. Did the following and it now works.

1. Downloaded latest flash APK file to my PC using Dav0's link above (Adobe Flash Player 10.1.120.1)

2. Connected Vega to PC and copied APK file to SD card (need to turn off USB debugging mode to allow PC to see Vega)

3. Uninstalled existing Flash application from Vega via Settings > Manage Applications (not sure if this step is necessary)

4. Used iFileManager to navigate to the APK on SD card and installed it.

Can now watch video on most sites. BBC iPlayer site says my phone is not supported but downloaded the iPlayer application from Market and it works fine.

Thanks

John

Posted · Report post

Had the same problem after buying my Vega last week with Flash already installed and flashing the ROM. Did the following and it now works.

1. Downloaded latest flash APK file to my PC using Dav0's link above (Adobe Flash Player 10.1.120.1)

2. Connected Vega to PC and copied APK file to SD card (need to turn off USB debugging mode to allow PC to see Vega)

3. Uninstalled existing Flash application from Vega via Settings > Manage Applications (not sure if this step is necessary)

4. Used iFileManager to navigate to the APK on SD card and installed it.

Can now watch video on most sites. BBC iPlayer site says my phone is not supported but downloaded the iPlayer application from Market and it works fine.

Thanks

John

Legend Thanks A Million :(

So I flashed my new Vega to r8 MCR over stock 1.09 and obviously the version of Flash I have (10.1.120.1) will not work.

This is probably a bit of a stupid question, but which of the 3 Flash downloads (http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/) is the best to use? I would have thought 10.1.95.22, unless the 10.1.120.1 posted in that thread is different to version supplied with 1.09.

One last question!. I assume which ever .apk file I use I just need to copy it onto the SD card and install it using the file manager? I'm still new to Android having just got the Vega and switching to an Android phone from a Symbian powered Nokia ;-)

Edited by Sillothian

Posted · Report post

So I flashed my new Vega to r8 MCR over stock 1.09 and obviously the version of Flash I have (10.1.120.1) will not work.

This is probably a bit of a stupid question, but which of the 3 Flash downloads (http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/) is the best to use? I would have thought 10.1.95.22, unless the 10.1.120.1 posted in that thread is different to version supplied with 1.09.

One last question!. I assume which ever .apk file I use I just need to copy it onto the SD card and install it using the file manager? I'm still new to Android having just got the Vega and switching to an Android phone from a Symbian powered Nokia ;-)

To answer my own question the 10.1.120.1 from the other thread worked fine. I just copied the file via usb to the SD card and installed it using ifilemanager :(

Posted · Report post

Hi, totally new to android.

I have been following the Vega threads on Modaco for some time and jumped in and purchased a Vega last week.

I loaded the latest pre-baked Modaco ROM with no problems thanks to great instructions here.

I loaded flash from the Market and all seemed OK.

However, when I accessed certain BBC web pages, especially the football match reports with the embedded video clips of Arsene Venger moaning about the ref, the browser crashed and return to the homescreen.

So, after little research, I installed the modified .apk found by following links in certain threads. (v10.1.120)

Still no joy, certain pages still crash, iPlayer OK, flash games OK, just certain BBC sites. I have to turn off plugins and load the flash content by clicking the down arrow. This arrow does not appear for the small embedded videos causing the error, but the page does load.

I have even tried Dolphin HD browser and it still crashes.

Am I missing a trick? I have searched all the threads and it seems the modified .apk solves the problem, but not for me.

I loaded the Modaco ROM to get the market and some performance increase. I have now found an addon which adds Market to the original ROM. So, I am in two minds, whether to go back to the original standard ROM with the addon or stick to the Modaco ROM, I do not have enough knowledge to make an informed decision. All I use the Vega for is as living room gadget to access the internet, play games and answer email.

Your thoughts are appreciated

Posted · Report post

However, when I accessed certain BBC web pages, especially the football match reports with the embedded video clips of Arsene Venger moaning about the ref, the browser crashed and return to the homescreen.

So, after little research, I installed the modified .apk found by following links in certain threads. (v10.1.120)

Still no joy, certain pages still crash, iPlayer OK, flash games OK, just certain BBC sites. I have to turn off plugins and load the flash content by clicking the down arrow. This arrow does not appear for the small embedded videos causing the error, but the page does load.

Am I missing a trick? I have searched all the threads and it seems the modified .apk solves the problem, but not for me.

I loaded the Modaco ROM to get the market and some performance increase. I have now found an addon which adds Market to the original ROM. So, I am in two minds, whether to go back to the original standard ROM with the addon or stick to the Modaco ROM, I do not have enough knowledge to make an informed decision. All I use the Vega for is as living room gadget to access the internet, play games and answer email.

Your thoughts are appreciated

Did you uninstall the Market version of Flash first? Also, several have reported that a reboot of the Vega was required to get either version to function correctly so may be worth trying. I would say that reverting to the stock ROM with just the market app is unlikely to fix the problem for you and I think you would be much better off remaining with Pauls MCR as it provides a host of functionality and performance tweaks that are certainly worth having.

Posted · Report post

Did you uninstall the Market version of Flash first? Also, several have reported that a reboot of the Vega was required to get either version to function correctly so may be worth trying. I would say that reverting to the stock ROM with just the market app is unlikely to fix the problem for you and I think you would be much better off remaining with Pauls MCR as it provides a host of functionality and performance tweaks that are certainly worth having.

Thanks for the reply.

I did install the Market version first, then uninstalled and install the modded version. Am I right in thinking holding the power button down for 6 seconds then turning it back on is a reboot? Or is there a more technical routine I am missing? Is there a cache I need to clear? I am lost when it comes to Android.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the reply.

I did install the Market version first, then uninstalled and install the modded version. Am I right in thinking holding the power button down for 6 seconds then turning it back on is a reboot? Or is there a more technical routine I am missing? Is there a cache I need to clear? I am lost when it comes to Android.

Holding the button down for 6 seconds will do a forced shutdown - only really do that when you have to. Holding the power button down for about two or so seconds should pop up a menu with several options including shutdown. This does a controlled shutdown which is preferable. Remember this is all Linux underneath!