Re-installing / enabling Flash on the Vega

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest joyadvent
Flash support on the Vega seems a little strange. Strange in the way it's installed and strange in itself.

Upgrading or updating seems to occasionally break Flash support in the browser, as does installing an updated version from the Market (the Vega seems to have an accelerated version specifically for the Tegra hardware).

If Flash has stopped working on your machine, the fix is super easy!

Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install.

DONE! :(

P

Hi Paul, thank you for the R8 rom which I have installed over version 1.9. The only problem is Flash support. In my Vega through ifilemanager /system/etc there is no shuttle_priv.

When I check the file I downloaded from you there is no shuttle_priv included.

Can I just install a Froyo gles flash file and if so which version as there are a few to choose from? Your advice would be appreciated.

Guest Nemes1s
Hi Paul, thank you for the R8 rom which I have installed over version 1.9. The only problem is Flash support. In my Vega through ifilemanager /system/etc there is no shuttle_priv.

When I check the file I downloaded from you there is no shuttle_priv included.

Can I just install a Froyo gles flash file and if so which version as there are a few to choose from? Your advice would be appreciated.

Flash is not part of R8 any more. The one from the market will work but you are much better off using the Tigra optimised version you'll find links to elsewhere in this forum. Do a search for it. The performance is far better than the standard one. :(

Guest joyadvent
Flash is not part of R8 any more. The one from the market will work but you are much better off using the Tigra optimised version you'll find links to elsewhere in this forum. Do a search for it. The performance is far better than the standard one. :(

Thank you for your reply. I have searched the forum but can not find any reference to a Tigra optimised version. Where could I find it please.

I think the problem was I should be searching for Tegra optimised not Tigra optimised.

Edited by joyadvent

Guest Country Bumkin

Just a note for anyone with the new 1.09 firmware the flash apk file is in;

/system/etc/shuttle_data/

You might like to save it on the sd card before installing any mods.

Guest Nemes1s
Thank you for your reply. I have searched the forum but can not find any reference to a Tigra optimised version. Where could I find it please.

I think the problem was I should be searching for Tegra optimised not Tigra optimised.

try this

Tigra! oops... :(

Guest echo21

Hi,

After getting the pre r7 flash and installing it with root explorer, I have an annoying issue where I have to reinstall it very regularly.

I am running MCR R8. when flash breaks, I often get random characters where there should be flash content and iplayer says that flash isn't installed. this happens almost every time I turn the vega on.

anyone else getting this?

echo21

Guest mxbob
apologies for being impatient but has anyone got any ideas?

im having the exact same issue as echo21 im also running MCR r8

ive tried a few different versions of flash with the same results (everything works fine all flash video plays then next time i try to play flash or next time i switch on flash doesnt work and needs to be reinstalled)

Guest echo21
im having the exact same issue as echo21 im also running MCR r8

ive tried a few different versions of flash with the same results (everything works fine all flash video plays then next time i try to play flash or next time i switch on flash doesnt work and needs to be reinstalled)

It's comforting to know I'm not the only one! I was beginning to think there was something wrong with the Vega itself. I wonder if I should try a re-flash?

Guest mxbob
It's comforting to know I'm not the only one! I was beginning to think there was something wrong with the Vega itself. I wonder if I should try a re-flash?

I havent tried a re-flash yet so it has to be worth a go. I will give it a go in the next couple of days and report back.

Guest FoxForceFive

Mine has done the same thing.

Guest hannibal2013
Flash support on the Vega seems a little strange. Strange in the way it's installed and strange in itself.

Upgrading or updating seems to occasionally break Flash support in the browser, as does installing an updated version from the Market (the Vega seems to have an accelerated version specifically for the Tegra hardware).

Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install.

DONE! :D

P

Dose this work for the new 10.2 updare as I can,t find this file in the r8 rom.

Guest hannibal2013

P

Guest stew30

P

as many of us are reporting the same problem i was hoping it would all be sorted by now??

i too dont have this /shuttle_priv i get to ect scroll done and all i see is shuttle_ins.sh and there is also a shuttle.sh ,both have a picture on left of a lady bird saying data and on right side is a tick greyed out what do i do im very thick with this stuff? had a vega before and after an idiots guide to installing your rom even flash worked fine until i dropped the vega. after a 3 month wait i finally got a replacement sent and now even with flash pre-installed i cant get it working please help.

Guest trevor432990

Hi guys .... just seen your comments and I'd just like to say I'm in the same boat and investigating what's going on. I started a new topic (as you may have seen) cos I thought this one might be less visible. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on both from now on and will let you know if I find anything out. :D

Guest simonta
Hi guys .... just seen your comments and I'd just like to say I'm in the same boat and investigating what's going on. I started a new topic (as you may have seen) cos I thought this one might be less visible. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on both from now on and will let you know if I find anything out. :D

Hi Trevor

Can't help with what's going on but I started having the same problems and fixed it by uninstalling 10.2, rebooting, then immediately reinstalling. This is 10.2 from the market. All good now.

Good luck

Cheers

Guest BIG24FAN

Hi all total new to androids so have a few questions if anyone can help thanks :D

ive got flash issues too , ive tryed a few diffent versions of flash like some of you say sometimes it works sometimes it dont , ( vega with r8 rom and 10.2 for now ) tryed iplayer and utube etc mostly simes to work after reboot if it fails but 1 place i get cant to work, can anyone else ? is facebook games like cafe world and all but first 5-10 sec of city vile loads then crashes or locks vega , have tryed stanard shipped flash then 10,1 then the first link pepole were posting and now on 10,2, which version do i need , can anyone load and play ether of these games can someone try for me please thanks well done on super rom r8 it make the vega super cheap tablet ,

also any idea on if i can add a scroll bar to all windows to help scroll thought menus easyer without keep hitting apps i dont want , and how do u scroll lists /windows on pages that have no scroll bar visible like in cafe worlds gifts box and other flash sites ?

Thanks for any help keep up the good work you have a super forum here everyone :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supersteve1

:) I recieved my vega yseterday,and i am unable to download flash, i have tried using pauls, i carnt seem to find shuttle_pvt anywhere, could anybody please help, also when downloading flash from my advent vega, is just kept saying flash not working.

Guest trevor432990
:) I recieved my vega yseterday,and i am unable to download flash, i have tried using pauls, i carnt seem to find shuttle_pvt anywhere, could anybody please help, also when downloading flash from my advent vega, is just kept saying flash not working.

You seem to contradict yourself firstly saying you are 'unable' to download Flash then saying 'downloading Flash from Vega' so which is it?

Where are you trying to download Flash from? Have you installed the Modaco ROM yet and do you have access to the Android Market on your Vega?

Guest mxbob

just a quick update and a quick query

i reinstalled the modaco R8 and flash and it now seems to be working fine and not needing to be reinstalled every time i reset

out of interest (and based on what i read in another thread) has everyone who has this flash problem (flash needing a contant install) installed the cursor fix? thats the only thing i didnt do this time which i did last time before the flash broke

Edited by mxbob

Guest trevor432990
just a quick update and a quick query

i reinstalled the modaco R8 and flash and it now seems to be working fine and not needing to be reinstalled every time i reset

out of interest (and based on what i read in another thread) has everyone who has this flash problem (flash needing a contant install) installed the cursor fix? thats the only thing i didnt do this time which i did last time before the flash broke

Thanks for the update glad you got it sorted. When you say cursor fix do you mean the one for the 'mouse' cursor? If so I did apply this before the Flash problem so if it turns out to be that I'll try to reverse the fix.

Edit:- Well pending your reply I tried reversing the change by deleting the com.nvidia.graphics.jar file then rebooting but I'm afraid the browser still insisted I needed to re-install Flash :)

Edited by trevor432990

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Malak@37

DONE! ;)

P

I have tried to do the above but all I get is application not available, mind this happens on anything I try to open. Any ideas?

Guest simonta
I have tried to do the above but all I get is application not available, mind this happens on anything I try to open. Any ideas?

Sorry, this thread is completely out of date (nobody bothers to help us keep stickies clean around here)

Just download flash from the market.