• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

USB host mode

100 posts in this topic

Posted

Just noticed that its enabled in the experimental host for CM7:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tal-cm7-kernel/

Experimental kernel update 21st March 2011:

Features:

USB OTG... (anyone has the actual adapter for USB otg....?) this part is untested....

I've waited for this a long time, tried to compile my own kernel to get it working, and now I have wasted 5 days because I didn't read this :D

-->testing

Posted (edited)

Sven Killig congratulations and tnks for work on this kernel

as soon as someone can get this work on cm7 make me know

i also like to know if i connect a 3g modem it will work ??

and if i do a cable like this it will work ??

sorry about the english

thanks Sven Killing

Edited by dtgagaddg

Posted

how to push drivers to folder modules ?

adb push drivers /system/lib/modules ??

push the drivers and the folders or only the folders ?

i´´m really confused

help please

Posted

Any chance this could be done to the LG P500/Optimus One?

The chipset is the same, not sure if it can provide power to USB in OTG mode, but that would not be a very big issue.

Also, when connecting the power supply it says something about "USB OTG going into low power mode" in dmesg.

Have tried with a hacked OTG cable and external power supply for the USB hub, but it behaves just like connecting a charger.

Posted

I'm trying to figure out if the Japanese Jellyfish ROM has support for USB OTG. Does anyone know anything about that?

All I'm trying to do is to connect my digital camera do my phone in order to push some photos to the phone when I'm not near a PC.

Posted

Just to let everyone know, it has been announced that Android 3.1 will contain USB Host mode.

Posted (edited)

Well, my OTG-compatible cable has arrived from China, but I'm now rather wedded to 2.2 and Sven's Blade stuff was for 2.1 ... :P

Where did you purchase your cable, and what is the exact model?

Edited by nfh

Posted (edited)

Where did you purchase your cable, and what is the exact model?

Just search for 'micro usb host' on Ibay and set it to price + shipping lowest first.

First result will do I guess. You just need a male micro usb to a female regular usb. Do not buy the usb host adapters for the nokia N8, this micro usb male is different(it's rectangular, the corners won't fit on our blade's regular micro usb female port) from the other micro usb male connectors.

*Praying for USB-host on CM7*

Edited by LVL91

Posted

Could you please attach a link to the cable you bought?

Anyone any idea what exactly has to be done to enable/disable USB host mode?

Posted (edited)

Could you please attach a link to the cable you bought?

Anyone any idea what exactly has to be done to enable/disable USB host mode?

Sorry, I can't advertise, just search as I said above your post.

Edited by LVL91

Posted

any thoughts of integrating that into cm7? It uses the same kernel...

Posted

any thoughts of integrating that into cm7? It uses the same kernel...

+1 Would be great!

Posted (edited)

Posted in error

Edited by h4z7d

Posted

Hi guys I'm mostly from ZTE Racer forum. I stumbled upon this topic. Is it possible to port Sven's work to CM7 Racer ROMs, since Blade and Racer have almost the same hardware, same chipset?

Posted

Is the ICS port on the Blade likely to include USB host mode? Is the hardward capable? It's something I'd really like to see. It would be really handy to backup proper camera photos into the blade and potentially upload them to the web.

Posted

With ICS it's the same as with Gingerbread, if the kernel supports it the OS above will have no problem. But ask that again in a month or two, when ICS is running with hw-acc, stable RIL, and a camera.

Posted

Is the ICS port on the Blade likely to include USB host mode? Is the hardward capable? It's something I'd really like to see. It would be really handy to backup proper camera photos into the blade and potentially upload them to the web.

The hardware is definitely capable (as shown by the fact it can work with eclair).

Posted

If you want to add it to gingerbread then just look at my kernel configuration for the v9 and at the v9 repo. Haven't tried it on ics yet.

Posted

If you want to add it to gingerbread then just look at my kernel configuration for the v9 and at the v9 repo. Haven't tried it on ics yet.

Thanks for the info, but I think that messing with kernels is beyond my level of expertise! I'm on one of the newer CM7 custom builds and it works fine, so I will resist tinkering until a stable ICS ROM comes along.

Posted

Thanks a lot pengeren!

Will try it tomorrow.

Posted

Does not work for me, with a usb-stick it lists a usb-hub (1d6b) under lsusb, which is the Blade itself propably, with a mouse it lists nothing. Both the stick and the mouse glow and get proper power.

Posted

and what about this one? Has someone tried USB host if it's working?

Posted

Does not work for me, with a usb-stick it lists a usb-hub (1d6b) under lsusb, which is the Blade itself propably, with a mouse it lists nothing. Both the stick and the mouse glow and get proper power.

Jeez, don't even bother trying it. I told them clearly it wasn't done yet and that I gotta get back to it later. Pengeren was kinda hyper agile or something :-)

Anyway, thanks for testing :rolleyes:

Posted

hehe, thanks for the information :)