New 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 bin for 256M

Guest jiego

Guest jayziac

It may be Acer's excuse for not supporting older devices (or getting people to buy new hardware). I have a feeling that they only support 1 Android update per device line. Liquid E should be able to go to Gingerbread with 512 MB RAM, but I've only heard the Liquid Metal getting the update so far.

Guest Alexzandro

Hello!

I charged Titanium bkup from the dev's site and went on restoring some apps. Noticed that device is more responsive with ACER UI than with Android one. BT fully operational. Will have to try some other roads.

Regards

Edit: cleared CACHE in recovery as suggested by Malez and solved market prob.s and forced freeze when connected to BT and receiving a call. I can confirm ACER UI is fancy and useful. As per battery use, never had 18hours disconnected from charger and 56% battery left. Nightly went down from 86 to 81% and this morning with 1 and 1/2 hour surfing , one 7 min. Video on Yutube, decreased to 61%, at 14.45 was 56%, two Sms, no calls. Video quality seems improved and pages while surfing show full flash boxes.

Regards

Alessandro

Edited by Alexzandro

done some testing & noticed when wifi is on it eats battery like crazy, when off phone lasts days just fine. too bad i can't leve my 'smartphone' connected to wireless when other phones handle similar situations just fine...

• 1 month later...
Guest Vlad Pisarev
Hi all,

Is this leak the last available?

Any way Acer launch official rom for this device?

waiting for answer

cumpz,

This is no leak... This is official ROM for Acer Liquid E, which have unlocked by McBoyDesign for A1

• 3 months later...
Guest Matthew Feel Mad

So sorry to bother you all.

can anyone teach me how to install this rom?

is it same as upgrade the device from 1.6 to 2.1 by using the official rom from Acer? just plug in the usb cable and then double click the rom in computer is ok?

Is it also ok for unrooted device?

thanks to you all everyone~!

Guest Matthew Feel Mad
U need to flash it with acer tool

thanks for your reply~!

Is it the file "Acer Liquid kernel source code" from Acer web? how to use it?

If not, where can I download the "Acer Tool"?

Thanks a lot~!