Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnMetz

Bluetooth?

25 posts in this topic

Hi

I have Paul's R2 running minus the performance pack for now (thanks Paul) and I cannot see any bluetooth devices at all when I scan.

Bluetooth is on, device name is vega and I have run scan a number of times. Nothing appears in the list. Also, if I make the device discoverable, I cannot see it on other bluetooth devices for example my ZTE Blade.

Any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks in advance.

john

A couple of us have also discovered this problem too. Mine was working before 1.04. I'm not sure its a r2 problem until someone who is not running r2 can test it. I'm sure Paul will have a solution if r2 is the problem :P

A couple of us have also discovered this problem too. Mine was working before 1.04. I'm not sure its a r2 problem until someone who is not running r2 can test it. I'm sure Paul will have a solution if r2 is the problem :P

Just tried reverting to 1.04 with the same result. reapplied r2 with the performance pack this time and it is sadly the same.

Do I have the will to revert back to 1.02 to see if it ever worked? Maybe later ...

John

Just reverted to 1.02 and bluetooth now seems to work and pair with my GPS. Trouble is I need to be on 1.04 and Paul's R2. Perhaps a tweet to Advent may be in order to see if they know of the issue.

So stock 1.04 has this problem?

P

yes. From my experiments as it worked on stock 1.02 but not on stock 1.04. I have sent a tweet to the advent guys and they have replied that they are looking into it.

John

I've fixed it. Fix will be online shortly...

P

OK, so i've integrated the fix into the performance pack, as i've only tested it with that for now and I don't want to push it out to everyone yet.

If you are Plus / Ad Free, please test and feedback!

Oh, and pic below. :P

P

12907719820250.jpg

OK, so i've integrated the fix into the performance pack, as i've only tested it with that for now and I don't want to push it out to everyone yet.

So I'm assuming that Advent broke bluetooth in 1.4? Should we tweet them about it before others notice?

Edited by Paul

So I'm assuming that Advent broke bluetooth in 1.4? Should we tweet them about it before others notice?

I already have tweeted to Advent about it this morning. But I am sure there is no harm in showing them that it is not just me!

I have re-installed r2 with performance pack from the kitchen (over the existing installation, rather than reverting to 1.04 first) and I get no joy (so far). Sorry

John

Well that's weird, as you can see above, I did the same and it's working! :P

P

I just reapplied it again and it's seeing my iMac and Desire HD fine.

P

Strange. If it is any help, I did a diff between the kitchen download earlier on this morning and one just now. I have attached a picture from WinMerge and it shows the addition of:

gralloc.tegra.so

overlay.tegra.so

but no config file changes. Is that expected?

Regards

John

post-766481-1290776847_thumb.png

OK. I did a complete restore to 1.04 and then re-ran r2 with performance pack from the kitchen (that I created at 12.54).

I still get no devices appearing in a scan neither can I see the vega from other devices :-( Is there any other setting besides the bluetooth settings that I need to mess with?

John

Testing a second fix now with MarkoUK (which i've also put in the PP)...

P

New fix confirmed working!

It's in the PP kitchen now, and i'll add it to the R2 kitchen / download.

P

New fix confirmed working!

It's in the PP kitchen now, and i'll add it to the R2 kitchen / download.

P

I was the guinea pig :P and can confirm the new fix works. Matter of some files having shifted about (not Paul's fault :D ).

Bluetooth sprung to life after the fix and picked up all BT devices around me. Was also discoverable and successfully paired with my N1.

I've Tweeted @AdventVega to tell them how to fix their release. :P

P

Thanks Paul. It now works and I even get a fix in maps etc when using my old bluetooth GPS receiver.

Oh cool!

Did you have to install any other software to get the BT GPS working?

P

Oh cool!

Did you have to install any other software to get the BT GPS working?

P

Hi Paul

I did download a couple of bluetooth gps apps. Now i am a little unsure what they do. I downloaded bluetooth gps provider and another called bluetooth gps - which has a nice satellite usee interface. I will try to uninstall them to see what really gets used.

Will let you know later

John

Hi Paul

I did download a couple of bluetooth gps apps. Now i am a little unsure what they do. I downloaded bluetooth gps provider and another called bluetooth gps - which has a nice satellite usee interface. I will try to uninstall them to see what really gets used.

Will let you know later

John

Neither of the above installed = no BT GPS ,, bluetooth section can see it but nothing seems to be able to use it .

Bluetooth GPS installed ---- will give you location in google but NOT in navigon software (well it doesn't on mine)

Bluetooth GPS Provider installed --- gives location in google maps AND Navigon so seems to be the better of the two (again for me anyway)

Hope this helps cos the vega makes a mean 10.1 inch satnav LOL

so i now have bluetooth gps provider installed and my trusty old BT GPS works like a charm thanks to all involved

Edited by amarko5

Bluetooth GPS ---- will give you location in google but NOT in navigon software (well it doesn't on mine)

Bluetooth GPS Provider --- gives location in google maps AND Navigon so seems to be the better of the two (again for me anyway)

Hope this helps cos the vega makes a mean 10.1 inch satnav LOL

That is great I had a bluetooth GPS laying there for ages, now can be put to good use!