Wallpaper not working...

Guest Cwiiis

I've not tried in the stock launcher (but the stock launcher is awful, so even if it did work, I'm not going to use it...) but it seems something they've done has disabled using custom wallpapers, except for the one that ships with it - any image you pick will be replaced with that (I've tried this in ADW.Launcher and LauncherPro) - has anyone else come across this, or does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using a custom wallpaper right now, and have tried lots of live wallpapers, so not sure what's going on with yours?

P

The Live wallpapers work, and all the Wallpaper galleries work, but if you pick a picture from your own picture gallery (say, something you downloaded from the web), that doesn't work and you end up with the default Advent wallpaper. LauncherPro seems to get quite upset by this too and crashes a lot when this happens.

Does downloading a picture from the browser and setting that picture as the wallpaper work ok for you?

It was running out of memory for that function.

P

Crikey .. no wonder mine was crashing so much when I tried it .... Memory Leak?

Top man though ... you should work for DSG

Yeah, gotta wonder how it can run out of memory setting wallpaper... Is this why my home-screen widgets are constantly reloading every time rotate/return to the home screen?

Guest friedgoldmole
Updated Wallpaper fix now in the kitchen.

P

Is it just me or is the wallpaper being resized when it is set, is there anyway to get a really nice crisp wallpaper because everything I try not matter what the resolution ends up looking fuzzy, and only live wallpapers look really crisp

update. looks like it was me, 1280 x 1024 work and still look crisp but obviously half of the image is cut off in landscape mode.

Edited by friedgoldmole

Is it just me or is the wallpaper being resized when it is set, is there anyway to get a really nice crisp wallpaper because everything I try not matter what the resolution ends up looking fuzzy, and only live wallpapers look really crisp

update. looks like it was me, 1280 x 1024 work and still look crisp but obviously half of the image is cut off in landscape mode.

I think thats a limitation of android currently. The problem is that android is assuming that your running on a phone and in portrait ... so it doesnt adjust accordingly. Hence the bottom half of the wallpaper is cut.

Hopefully something they will fix in gingerbread