Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rferrett

Hacking the hard button functions.

4 posts in this topic

Now this probably shows up what an utter n00b I am with absolutly no conception of how android and android devices actually work :P ....

But... Would it be possible to set it up in some way so that we could make it that by say pressing the power AND volume up similtaniously then that became the equivalent of a home "hard key"? Or is this just pie in the sky?

I love my Vega, limited though it is, but the loss of a physical home key is a bit of a pain.

Now this probably shows up what an utter n00b I am with absolutly no conception of how android and android devices actually work :P ....

But... Would it be possible to set it up in some way so that we could make it that by say pressing the power AND volume up similtaniously then that became the equivalent of a home "hard key"? Or is this just pie in the sky?

I love my Vega, limited though it is, but the loss of a physical home key is a bit of a pain.

This app would be useful:

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...rtcuts-qFB.aspx

Alas that is only for search and canera buttons, the vega has neither. Still as priof of concept it shows it is possible.

Digging further, a hack in /system/usr/keylayout will do the job. There are some file in that directory that define key definitions. Seeing as I don't have my Vega yet, I can't with 100% certainty which file to alter. Files of interest:

• /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl
  • /system/usr/keylayout/usb_keyboard_102_en_us.kl
  • /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl
  • /system/usr/keylayout/AVRCP.kl
  • /system/usr/keylayout/nvec_keyboard.kl