Google Greener with Black Google Mobile!

Guest SarahLogan

Guest SarahLogan

Greetings! Just read about a neat site called Black Google Mobile that saves battery power by searching with a black background. Apparently depending on your phone you can use up to 7 times less power, wow! It's suppose to save money by using smaller pages, reduce eye strain and I think it even loads a bit faster on my phone. I first read about it at FeedMyApp.com.

Anyhow, please share any thoughts and other uncommon battery saving tips, thanks a lot!

Guest SarahLogan
It will only really technically save when using a AMOLED screen as a normal screen still has to produce the blacks and the backlight in the first place.

Thanks Awarner :P Are most phones not being made now with AMOLED type displays?

FYI, on the about page of bGoog.com it says LCDs that are backlit with LEDs have black savings. I wonder how many people have that type of screen?

Guest awarner

Very few are made with AMOLED, it's anew technology as such and very expensive.

LED backlights on mobiles are only around the edge of the display on mobiles and can not be used in this way. The back lights they are refering to are on top of the range tvs and monitors where they have the back panel covered in a matrix of leds and these can be controlled to a certain extent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Catherinm

Even if this technology works, i doubt it will save 7 times much power. For example I use search once or twice a day, and it's not so much energy consuming.