SMS timestamp

Guest Spunky Backpack

Guest Spunky Backpack

Hi

(apologies if this has been posted before but did a search and couldn't find anything)

If your phone is off and someone sends you a message, the sms is timestamped when the message is received, i.e. when you turn the phone on.

Does anyone know of a fix/workaround for this?

Thanks in advance

Delivery reports work just fine (on O2 and GiffGaff at least)

just type *0# then your message you can put a space ater the *0# then start your message, or have it with no space, the network reads the *0# as a command to force a delivery report

Guest m_w_clarke

As already mentioned, the time stamp isue is an outstanding, and frankly idiotic mess up from google. This was reported back in the Android 1.6 days.

HOWEVER - I have a fix I have been using successfully, following links on Googles on support forum, where one guy just had enough and worte an app to fix the issue.

Search for "Stamper" in the marketplace and this fixes the issue.

I hope this help you and everyone out.

PS Delivery reports have always worked for me on my MCR R3 on T-mobile.

Edited by m_w_clarke

Delivery reports work just fine (on O2 and GiffGaff at least)

just type *0# then your message you can put a space ater the *0# then start your message, or have it with no space, the network reads the *0# as a command to force a delivery report

It's O2's fault that delivery reports have to be done in this non-standard way (and it affects all virtual providers who piggy-back on the O2 network, too, including Giff Gaff). All handsets are affected, not just Android.

What you get back is not a true delivery report (which most phones put into a special folder, or a label on the sent message) but a plain text message to convey similar information. O2's network does not support true delivery reports, apparently due to their SMS system being set up differently many years ago. In my opinion, they ought to upgrade so that phones work the way we expect them to (and so we don't have to remember silly codes).

Search for "Stamper" in the marketplace and this fixes the issue.

That sounds just what is needed, problem being I have no access to the marketplace for the time being. You don't happen to have the .apk that you could upload?

TIA

Guest m_w_clarke
That sounds just what is needed, problem being I have no access to the marketplace for the time being. You don't happen to have the .apk that you could upload?

TIA

Hi, sorry I don't know how to get the APK from a download from the marktet.....