LCD screen and Orange SF rom

Guest joaocorreia

Guest joaocorreia

I did a search but found no answer to this.

Zte Blade here doesn't have an AMOLED screen, the other specs are exactly the same as Orange San Francisco.

Anyone knows if we will be able to install roms made for Orange San Francisco?

Guest Azurren
I did a search but found no answer to this.

Zte Blade here doesn't have an AMOLED screen, the other specs are exactly the same as Orange San Francisco.

Anyone knows if we will be able to install roms made for Orange San Francisco?

So you also have the 512 RAM? :P

Best hold off for now, several major changes have been made to the SF roms to get the display / touch screen working (The AMOLED screen is upside down)

Guest juniperz
I dont think I would have gotten a blade with a TFT screen, OLED is far superior :P

OK, my very first newbie question - got my SF last week in the UK.

I am about to embark on the whole rooting / getting to Froyo voyage, so more newbie questions will follow.

How can I tell whether I have OLED?

Not unhappy with what I have, but would be upset if it could have been better...

How can I tell how much RAM I have?

Settings -> Storage -> Internal Phone Storage -> Available only shows 71.46MB. I haven't installed that many apps.

Guest mannybianco
OK, my very first newbie question - got my SF last week in the UK.

I am about to embark on the whole rooting / getting to Froyo voyage, so more newbie questions will follow.

How can I tell whether I have OLED?

Not unhappy with what I have, but would be upset if it could have been better...

How can I tell how much RAM I have?

Settings -> Storage -> Internal Phone Storage -> Available only shows 71.46MB. I haven't installed that many apps.

Get "Android System Info" from Android Market and look what it says under "RAM".

Guest JBSCARFACE

Is it any soft out there that show Display info?? Where i can check display/LCD/TFT/AMOLED Resolution WVGA VGA etc??

Edited by JBSCARFACE

Guest JBSCARFACE
Hi, I've found app on market called Screen&System Information Tool .. should help :P

I also found some info on this forum Run noled app in test mode, ir it glows white under the black and not TOTALY black then its not OLED.

Get noled from market install switch ur brightness on full.

Run noled go to set colors, then tap Test, swicth the light off in your room, should be very dark.

If your screen looks like it switched off, only with colours in left top corner u get AMOLED.

If it looks a bit white not TOTALY BLACK with colours in left top corner you got LCD..

Some video so u can see the differance:

Edited by JBSCARFACE

Guest juniperz
I also found some info on this forum Run noled app in test mode, ir it glows white under the black and not TOTALY black then its not OLED.

Get noled from market install switch ur brightness on full.

Run noled go to set colors, then tap Test, swicth the light off in your room, should be very dark.

If your screen looks like it switched off, only with colours in left top corner u get AMOLED.

If it looks a bit white not TOTALY BLACK with colours in left top corner you got LCD..

Yes, I found that here and I am pleased to say that mine is looking very black :P