l3b00

Unlock Wildfire without unlock code

4 posts in this topic

Hello *,

I recently bought a HTC Wildfire from a friend who had his monthly subscription renewed (Vodafone), and having Vodafone unlock my phone would cost 50 euro.

I managed to root the device using Unrevoked, but I'm not sure if I understand how the unlocking process works. If I have root, that means I have full access to all the files in the device, including the system files, right?

Isn't then unlocking just editing one file with a hex editor? Can you guys help me understand what should I do in order to get this baby unlocked without having to pay for a code?

Hello *,

I recently bought a HTC Wildfire from a friend who had his monthly subscription renewed (Vodafone), and having Vodafone unlock my phone would cost 50 euro.

I managed to root the device using Unrevoked, but I'm not sure if I understand how the unlocking process works. If I have root, that means I have full access to all the files in the device, including the system files, right?

Isn't then unlocking just editing one file with a hex editor? Can you guys help me understand what should I do in order to get this baby unlocked without having to pay for a code?

Did you manage to unlock it? I have the same issue...

Did you manage to unlock it? I have the same issue...

did anyone manage to unlock it?

I don't even have a way to put the code in... it just says - no sim card and when I slide to open, it shows me home screen.. no digits or way to enter any code...

:S

u need 2 put a diferent sim in and thestart the phone and it will ask u for sim network lock y dnt u ask ur mate to phone his provider as they are oblicated to provid the code free of charge if its contract