Defining rotation for programs?

Guest wyxwyx

I look for any application that able to deny the rotation sensor for individual application.

It is annoying when I make a call during the phone-application rotates or for example the gmail application

starting as landscaped.

Edited by wyxwyx

I look for any application that able to deny the rotation sensor for individual application.

It is annoying when I make a call during the phone-application rotates or for example the gmail application

starting as landscaped.

try editing

/system/build.prop

ro.build.APP_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE=0

try editing

/system/build.prop

ro.build.APP_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE=0

I wanna use this function for the selected apps not for the whole system. Any 3rd party prog?

I wanna use this function for the selected apps not for the whole system. Any 3rd party prog?

Get Tasker from the android market. It's one of the best automation apps out there. You can make it so when you open a program, it disables the Display Rotation, and re enables it when you exit, or anything to that effect.

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/

if you need help with making a task to do something like disable the rotation when the browser is open and re enable it when it is closed here is a guide:

1) Select New and then give your profile a name like Browser Rotation. Hit Ok.

2) Select Application and then pick the application(s) you want to have your rotation settings for. Hit Done.

3) Select New Task and name it something like disable rotation.

4) Select the "+" icon.

5) Select Display and then Display Rotation. Pick Off. Select Done.

6) Go to the profile you just made and select disable rotation. Select Add Exit Task.

7) Select New Task and name it something like enable rotation.

8) Select the "+" icon.

9) Select Display and then Display Rotation. Pick On. Select Done.

10) Make sure the on button is lit to green and then exit tasker. Your app(s) now when launched and in the foreground should have the display rotation disabled.

Edited by ppc750