24/Jan 2.5.1.8: ClockworkMod for the Advent Vega

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JingleManSweep

Tried to flash r2, but I'm getting this:

louis@quark:~/Temp/Downloads/recovery-r2$ adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img

header is the same, not flashing recovery

Tried just installing the updated APK, but rebooting still just reloads Android OS. Tried with USB connected and disconnected just in case that was affecting it.

Guest JingleManSweep
I'll revert to stock again tomorrow and try again, but I already did that once! Confused!

Paul,

Okay. I'll leave it for now. I don't really want to revert my Vega back to stock 1.04 as I need it for the work commute tomorrow and can't be bothered to reinstall all the apps.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for any updates.

Have a good evening.

Guest JingleManSweep
If only I had a full custom ROM waiting in the wings eh! :P

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there? Full MCR coming soon? or are you just teasing us! Hehe!

Edited by JingleManSweep

Guest Pyr0x64

flashed 1.04 again and ran the recovery flashing procedure

this time it worked and booted to ClockworkMod :P

devicex.th.png

i think it must be a problem if we already flashed the earlier r1 image

perhaps it might save wiping again if we just reflashed the stock recovery image before r2 ?

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest JingleManSweep

Cool. Thanks for working that out. As I said, I'll have to wait until tomorrow as I'm lazy and can't be bothered to reinstall all my apps right now!

Guest Pyr0x64
Cool. Thanks for working that out. As I said, I'll have to wait until tomorrow as I'm lazy and can't be bothered to reinstall all my apps right now!

you could always try pushing/flashing the stock recovery.img file from inside the 1.04 archive :P

Edited by Pyr0x64

flashed 1.04 again and ran the recovery flashing procedure

this time it worked and booted to ClockworkMod :D

devicex.th.png

perhaps it might save wiping again if we just reflashed the stock recovery image before r2 ?

Not sure why that would be the case! :P

P

Guest JingleManSweep
No, I just fixed up the file structure in the archive (and flash_image was missing in r1 I think?)

Strange. "flash_image" was included in r1, but just in a different folder than "recovery.img".

So, is it worth me wiping back to stock 1.04, or could it be something else that is causing my issues.

When I load the "Recovery" app, I get the "please wait" message and then my Vega reboots. I get the momentary appearance of "ANDROID" in a fixed-width terminal font, then the Advent logo appears, then Android OS loads.

Nothing I'm missing here?

Guest JingleManSweep
Koush is adding the recovery to ROM Manager now, so might be worth holding fire!

Okay. I'll wait then! Cheers for the quick responses tonight (and for sorting Clockwork out for us)

Guest Pyr0x64

i think it's something in the r3 add-on now...

i can flash/boot to clockworkmod without the r3 add-on pack

my last screenshot was on plain 1.04 with clockwork recovery flashed. but after flashing the add-on pack i got a blank screen and the device wouldn't boot

so i booted to the nvflash mode and flashed 1.04 again, then ran the r3 addon (with skype/wallpaper/performance pack) and then tried flashing recovery again, but now it doesn't boot into clockworkmod

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest JingleManSweep

I just installed ROM Manager (v2.5.0.7) and under the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery", it lists one device "Advent Vega" but the install fails. Does the ROM Manager app pull this "Advent Vega" text from the device or is it a sign that Koush is updating ROM Manager now?

I just installed ROM Manager (v2.5.0.7) and under the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery", it lists one device "Advent Vega" but the install fails. Does the ROM Manager app pull this "Advent Vega" text from the device or is it a sign that Koush is updating ROM Manager now?

I'm talking to Koush now and he's updating!

P

Guest JingleManSweep
I'm talking to Koush now and he's updating!

He certainly is. The option now works and installed ClockworkMod, but I still can't boot into it. It just loads Android OS.

I think I'll probably have to wipe at some point!