Question about memory usage

Guest devoluti0n

Guest devoluti0n

Hi everybody.

This post is in fact a small question :

-Do the latests bin originally released for 512mb liquids, are very heavy in memory consumption when they are adapted to 256mb devices ?

I have the strange sensation that they are not optimized for A1.

What is the best bin to use with a A1 device with the latest baseband available ? Thanks in advance :P

Guest jayziac

My guess is that since they were designed for 512MB liquidE's, they didn't try to optimize things, but you can always remove unused apps after rooting it. I would still recommend the latest BINs (4.002.14) since they have a lot of fixes and better battery consumption and stability.

Guest Harness

As I've heard, available ram after flashing usually ranges from 50-70mb.

My suggestion is strip down the rom, leaving essential apps, so you don't run out when you add your own on.

Harness.

Guest thenext1
I'm using metal rom and it's quite ok. It does not have memory leaks. Just kill acer stuff and you'll get 40mb+ (actual amount depends on software you run).

How do you do that?

I removed almost all Acer apps with titanium backup, but I haven't gained that much space... actually, can't say if I gained at all...

Instead with the 'df' command in the term emulator I found that there are many partitions on the phone with plenty of wasted free space... i.e. /system partition... how is that? Can't we resize them?

Guest LoganX78

I have a problem: sometimes when i use an application, when i come back to launcher, Launcherpro is resetted, because android kill it for the memory... and in the end of the day also clock & battery widgets don't update because same reasons.

I use last froyo leaks without any custom rom + app2sd. I removed all accer apps (but socialjogger and 2 others). What i have to do?

Guest thenext1
I have a problem: sometimes when i use an application, when i come back to launcher, Launcherpro is resetted, because android kill it for the memory... and in the end of the day also clock & battery widgets don't update because same reasons.

I use last froyo leaks without any custom rom + app2sd. I removed all accer apps (but socialjogger and 2 others). What i have to do?

Yeah, I have teh same.

When openeing the 3rd browser tab the system unloads one of the others...and this means it will reload over when I switch back to it...and it is very annoying. (Browsing itself, even with Flash disabled, is much, much slower than with 2.1 and the scroll lag is horrible.)

WHen going back to home it often reloads everything.

When switching back to previously-opened apps I frequently have empty screens lasting seconds, while apps reload after being killed by the OS.

With Eclair I could do all of this without the OS killing anything.

I don't know if this is due to Froyo that's more memory-hungry, or the firmware being unoptimized for 256MB and killing apps whenever memory falls under a 512MB-calibrated threshold value, but for said reasons, ultimately I want to move away from this firmware...

http://www.launcherpro.com/forum/viewtopic...?f=6&t=2652

Guest LoganX78

Yes, it works (now is really rare the kill of Launcher)!

Someone knows if there is a similar way to keep in memory other apps (like Clock Widget or JuiceDefender) ?