Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest MikeH39

Well I got my Android tablet, Shuttle P10an01(identical to the vega) and installed the TR honeycomb rom. It is an awesome rom.

This website has amazing info and support. That is one of the reasons I bought this unit. As well as the Skype video support(very important).

I am not from the UK, so the Advent vega is not sold anywhere near me. I was able to source my tablet from www.buyadroid.blogspot.com. It was USD 362 with fedex delivery. Way better pricing than the XOOM.

Edited by MikeH39

A friend bought one of the very same refurb units from PCWorld via eBay (for £129) last week.

On Sunday we followed the instructions on this forum and successfully flashed his unit to VegaComb 9n_update first time, with no issues B)

So they are a bargain at that price!

Edited by Istu

A friend bought one of the very same refurb units from PCWorld via eBay (for £129) last week.

On Sunday we followed the instructions on this forum and successfully flashed his unit to VegaComb 9n_update first time, with no issues B)

So they are a bargain at that price!

i sure wish they would sell to USA. i have tried to contact them for arrangements. iwant to buy 3. no reply. guess i need to pay couple grand for trip to eurpoe to get vega. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ursulavasey

The Vega is available and in stock at Currys and PC World (but not Dixons), at the reduced price of £199. It was that price earlier this year, then increased to £229, but has been reduced back just in time for Christmas. They have refurbs for £30 less as well. See the link below:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/advent-vega-tablet-pc-4-gb-08258762-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR~Computing~08258762

Guest Greyowl

The Vega is available and in stock at Currys and PC World (but not Dixons), at the reduced price of £199. It was that price earlier this year, then increased to £229, but has been reduced back just in time for Christmas. They have refurbs for £30 less as well. See the link below:

http://www.currys.co...puting~08258762

The POV Mobii 10.1" Tablet PC ( vega ) has been reduced at my local PC shop and can be ordered online, £ 119.94 inc vat , was £250 a couple of weeks ago !!

http://www.eclipseco...de=NBP-MOBII10T

Guest Vinnie1

The POV Mobii 10.1" Tablet PC ( vega ) has been reduced at my local PC shop and can be ordered online, £ 119.94 inc vat , was £250 a couple of weeks ago !!

Thats a good price, is definately the same as a Vega?

I need to return my one as the screen calibration keeps on failing (Currys/Ebay refurb), and I think they will only offer me a refund.

Guest princeotter

i see they have upped it to £119.99 plus VAT now. Told a friend about it and luckily they got one this morning before they increased the price. Now guess who is going to have to MOD it for them...... but not with Honey Ice as I have already wasted an evening trying to get that on my Vega !!!

Guest IanTurner

£119 plus vat !!! So £143. Plus it says "normally in stock" rather than "in stock" and it's Eclipse who were somewhat dubious when I dealt with them.

I reckon the previous price was a misprint.

It seems coincidental that the current Net price is exactly the same as the old Gross price....

I wonder if someone put it up as £119 excl VAT, instead of £119 incl VAT.

Congrats to anyone that got one at that price.

Guest princeotter

I reckon the previous price was a misprint.

It seems coincidental that the current Net price is exactly the same as the old Gross price....

I wonder if someone put it up as £119 excl VAT, instead of £119 incl VAT.

Congrats to anyone that got one at that price.

Now up to £149.99 plus VAT !! There were in stock as my friend received theirs this morning (saving £50 plus VAT by acting fast - wish I bought a few at that price and sold them on Ebay !!!)

Guest sweep29

i see they have upped it to £119.99 plus VAT now. Told a friend about it and luckily they got one this morning before they increased the price. Now guess who is going to have to MOD it for them...... but not with Honey Ice as I have already wasted an evening trying to get that on my Vega !!!

no problem at all installing Honey Ice. just 3 files to download and install via Clockwork .Simples!

Guest princeotter

no problem at all installing Honey Ice. just 3 files to download and install via Clockwork .Simples!

3.2.7 went on like a dream whereas 3.2.6 wouldn't - odd

• 2 months later...