Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Mine arrived today pre noon (ordered from pcworld saturday morning) 30 mins after I got home the case and screen protector arrived. Flashed with new rom and apps installed. touch wood seems to be working fine. Skype appears broke using r4-vega-modacocustomromaddon-unsigned (dated 30-11).

**paid my dues :) and got the latest rom from the kitchen now skype works, though to use video chat between tablet and pc the only solution appears to be yahoo messenger for now. Tablet cam is useless (see below note re protector).

I like the screen protector, has a nicer feel and better anti glare. Installed with no bubbles with help of daughter :)

**do not put on protector without cutting a hole in relevant spot if you wish to use camera! I am now faced with the task of trying to cut a hole without ruining the screen and/or the protector**

Unable to get google maps to see bluetooth gps although its paired.

** all mapping now working, as well as being paired I needed an app 'bt gps enabler'sp installed before it would play**

So far very impressed with vega, case and screen protector.

**only real hurdle left is video conferencing with protector in place**

Edited by ho66es

Guest amarko5
Unable to get google maps to see bluetooth gps although its paired.

So far very impressed with vega, case and screen protector.

use a app called bluetooth gps enabler (free in the market) runs in the background and gives maps access to the GPS

I would suggest strongly to anyone who will listen NOT to go with PIXMANIA..... Order and everything went through validated ect, rang numerous times to make sure, emailed several times as well, all was well as far as I knew I was going to get the tablet, then came the SORRY email and WE ARE NOT GETTING ANYMORE IN STOCK, have now opened a case with PAYPAL, I paid them or should I say they took £220.60 from me which I thought was very reasonable, they now only want to give me £203.60 back after cancelling the order.

This company is a shambles and again to anyone who reads this or has ears to hear me I will tell this tale, there customer service people dont know there arse from there elbows.

please tell this to anyone who thinks of ordering from them, in the long run I would rather bang my head against a brick wall than deal with them.

p.s. congratulations to anyone who has got anywhere with them, although I think this will not be :) many

Edited by DiGi40

Guest Tenacioustina

I think they are all the same, I'm having the same problem with Currys. At least you have been told what is going on and they have emailed you I have had nothing and when I call CS they just lie !!!!!

Guest andrewg12345
I would suggest strongly to anyone who will listen NOT to go with PIXMANIA..... Order and everything went through validated ect, rang numerous times to make sure, emailed several times as well, all was well as far as I knew I was going to get the tablet, then came the SORRY email and WE ARE NOT GETTING ANYMORE IN STOCK, have now opened a case with PAYPAL, I paid them or should I say they took £220.60 from me which I thought was very reasonable, they now only want to give me £203.60 back after cancelling the order.

This company is a shambles and again to anyone who reads this or has ears to hear me I will tell this tale, there customer service people dont know there arse from there elbows.

please tell this to anyone who thinks of ordering from them, in the long run I would rather bang my head against a brick wall than deal with them.

p.s. congratulations to anyone who has got anywhere with them, although I think this will not be :) many

When you placed your order you probably also ordered the "postage discount deal" which was an opt out option in your basket, I removed this item when I ordered. So looks like they have NOT refunded you that.

Guest Bisto321
I am now faced with the task of trying to cut a hole without ruining the screen and/or the protector**

Has anyone tried laying the protector over the tab before the first peel, marking camera centre with marker pen and then using a hole punch? I did that with a protector once and it worked well, punch has to be nice and sharp.

Has anyone tried laying the protector over the tab before the first peel, marking camera centre with marker pen and then using a hole punch? I did that with a protector once and it worked well, punch has to be nice and sharp.

thats my plan with next protector :)

Guest mclanecxantia

i still have no advent vega. i don't have it because you cannot really buy it. its mostly sold out.

ok. there is a guy at twitter and he sometimes says: now we have stock. order !

but i cannot wait a week until this single moment comes.

i have a life.

a child.

a girl. a job. i do mainly do my job. and when i look when there was stock,

its sold out.

maybe if somebody has nothing else to do but to surf internet and wait until the twitter call comes,

run to the pc and try to order... maybe... then he could order one unit.

whatever.

i think i give it up and order the adam ink notion. at least it is possible to do the preorder.

and it is even possible to to do it world wide, where the advent vega is only sold to customers

in uk.

Edited by mclanecxantia

Dixons/currys show instock as of 11:30 today, so on the off chance I ordered one, you never know, they might actually have some.. :)

Edited by phil-t

Dixons/currys show instock as of 11:30 today, so on the off chance I ordered one, you never know, they might actually have some.. :(

Lol - just by chance i noticed also, so have ordered one - fingers crossed :)

Thought i'd come here to tell everyone, but it seems you beat me to it!! :)

Paul

Guest mclanecxantia
Me too, will keep you informed when it arrives - mine is down for Thursday delivery so far... LOL Hey, I'm an optimist. :)

Dayz xx

its maybe the fith time they had stock.

but again i was not succesful in getting one.

its a situation that reminds me on the GDR, the german democratic republic,

or called east-germany, where you had to wait years if you ordered a telephone-account

or a car (trabbi).

the GDR was a communistic regime.

Is UK also communistic ? why isn't it possible for the company dixons to order

enough pads ?

somehow there is no big difference anymore between capitalism and communism.

Me too, will keep you informed when it arrives - mine is down for Thursday delivery so far... LOL Hey, I'm an optimist. :)

Dayz xx

I havent got a date against mine as i'm "in the queue for the new ones arriving this week".

Guest gitf@ce

Dayz xx

Where did you get a delivery date?

All I got was.... "Small item(s) (expect delivery within 3 working days) Delivery method: Standard" on a couple of the emails they sent me. At the same time the product is described as "ADVENT - Vega Internet Tablet- Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock this week".

Must say I'm finding this all very confusing. They've taken my money for something they don't have yet?

This seems a very piecemeal way of selling a new product!

Where did you get a delivery date?

All I got was.... "Small item(s) (expect delivery within 3 working days) Delivery method: Standard" on a couple of the emails they sent me. At the same time the product is described as "ADVENT - Vega Internet Tablet- Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock this week".

Must say I'm finding this all very confusing. They've taken my money for something they don't have yet?

This seems a very piecemeal way of selling a new product!

Was on at 11.30 when they just went libe with new stock, and paid for a specific delivery date. Not saying it actually WILL be delivered then, but website put it all through and emails say it will be delivered then... Will wait and see.

Guest Bisto321

PCW Tottenham Court road had a display model out today!

Wow, finally get a chance to play with one and have a look at the screen to compare with my folio.

No such luck, bloody thing was broken! The chap said it was bust and they were waiting for another demo model.

I am not a sales person but would you not remove broken demo stock? I would certainly not admit to it being 'bust' - looked and felt quite nice though.

These things are like hens teeth, are they popular or something? :)

Guest mclanecxantia
PCW Tottenham Court road had a display model out today!

Wow, finally get a chance to play with one and have a look at the screen to compare with my folio.

No such luck, bloody thing was broken! The chap said it was bust and they were waiting for another demo model.

I am not a sales person but would you not remove broken demo stock? I would certainly not admit to it being 'bust' - looked and felt quite nice though.

These things are like hens teeth, are they popular or something? :)

if you find a working advent, you could relate the 2 screens with each other and tell us about.

Guest Bisto321
Did PCW TCR have any for sale though? Why would you have a demo model if you didn't have any to sell?

No, unfortunately they did not. Lots of interest in the vega though and lots of frustrated people asking why it was not working!

There was a gap for the vegas little brother (forget what it is called)

Off topic, sorry, but while I was in there picked up this little remote for the PS3. OMG how cheap is that, thought it was a mistake!

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/gioteck-ps3-...037936-pdt.html

If you are stuck for a few stocking fillers, this is pretty nice value.

Guest gitf@ce

Just got through to Dixons as I find this ordering system all rather vague. The guy told me there was no stock on Saturday when I placed my order, in fact they currently have minus 27 units?

All he could say was that there will be stock this week (they said that all last week). So it's anyones guess when this item will show up!

Bit miffed they took my cash for something they didn't have...

Off topic, sorry, but while I was in there picked up this little remote for the PS3. OMG how cheap is that, thought it was a mistake!

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/gioteck-ps3-...037936-pdt.html

If you are stuck for a few stocking fillers, this is pretty nice value.

Lol - just picked up two for home Del myself as available online...

Just got through to Dixons as I find this ordering system all rather vague. The guy told me there was no stock on Saturday when I placed my order, in fact they currently have minus 27 units?

All he could say was that there will be stock this week (they said that all last week). So it's anyones guess when this item will show up!

Bit miffed they took my cash for something they didn't have...

Therefore since they have taken the money (and I can also confirm that they have) then they are legally obliged to supply these!! Hence the reason why lots of places dont actually take the money until the goods are shipped! But yes, exactly what i was told. The girl confirmed that payment had been taken and was successful, and it was just a case of waiting for stock to appear. She did say to give them a call later in the week if i hadnt heard anything...

Paul

Edited by toibs