Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Tenacioustina

Yippee!!!!!

My Vega has just been delivered, all that running around, phone calls, lies and money taken before they had stock, also no emails sent to advise on the situation. Currys are going to get a stiff email telling them how unhappy I have been.

Taken it out of the box to have a look and it looks really nice, will have a little try and set it all up tomorrow as it's a pressie for me son and he's due home from school in an hour.

Sigh of relief :)

Guest gitf@ce
Yippee!!!!!

My Vega has just been delivered, all that running around, phone calls, lies and money taken before they had stock, also no emails sent to advise on the situation. Currys are going to get a stiff email telling them how unhappy I have been.

Taken it out of the box to have a look and it looks really nice, will have a little try and set it all up tomorrow as it's a pressie for me son and he's due home from school in an hour.

Sigh of relief :)

When did you place the original order?

Guest godinandroid

So the twitter feed says 'I've been advised that all forward orders have been actioned. I will try and obtain tracking details to DM those who contacted us'.

Does anyone know what this means? Is there more stock in soon or something?

Guest gitf@ce
On the 3rd with Currys.

Blimey... that's rubbish!

Looks like some people here had an even worse time. Ordered 27th Nov and finally delivered today.

I don't hold out much hope of receiving this before Xmas looking at the way things are going :)

Guest Tenacioustina

I think some of the problem was the weather, mine was actually with DHL on the 8th, getting out to people then clearing the backlog didn't help. What does annoy me is the failure of Currys to actually contact people and let them know what is going on. I ordered some items with Debenhams at the same time, however I had about 4 emails from them telling me what was happening and explaining the delay, they also arrived yesterday.

So as long as the stock keeps coming in and the weather behaves it's self there should be no problem.

Good luck to all

Guest Qwertymon
I think some of the problem was the weather, mine was actually with DHL on the 8th, getting out to people then clearing the backlog didn't help. What does annoy me is the failure of Currys to actually contact people and let them know what is going on. I ordered some items with Debenhams at the same time, however I had about 4 emails from them telling me what was happening and explaining the delay, they also arrived yesterday.

So as long as the stock keeps coming in and the weather behaves it's self there should be no problem.

Good luck to all

When I ordered mine the currys website didnt email mail me, after Id completed the order I was like WTF, I was rushing to get one ordered and had open a ready pcw window (and dixons and pixmania) so thought I'll just get it there then, about 3 hours later I got a call from currys about a payment error.

The only thing I can say is that bare in mind that its xmas, and the dudes on the phones will be getting hammered from calls left right and centre, I have trouble getting through 15/20minutes wait, and Ive got a direct store only line.

Guest MartynT

I ordered my Vega on the 4th, I received the order reference number not long after.

The next day I got an e-mail asking to call them as part of a security check, which I did a few moments later, all was confirmed to be fine (payment has been taken).

After reading that stock was coming in over the weekend I patiently waited for a dispatch notice, nothing. So cue a call to Currys CS on Monday, only to be told that the order seems to be sat on hold because of the security check and that they would speak to head office to get the order moving. Guess what? Still not update!

I called again yesterday only to be told that head office have a 5 day lag on orders and that i'd just have to wait for them to look at the case and there was no way to escalate it :)

Even an e-mail to John Browett didn't seem move things along, instead i've been told to sit and wait, or cancel the order! What a joke!

Anyone know (apart from Twitter feed) is you can watch stock products via RSS / other for the DSG shops to try and get one ordered the next time they become available ?

TIA

edit - just out of curiosity, spoke to my local Currys store and they haven't even seen 1 of them. According to their system, there are none available and as Internet sales get preference over stores, he doesn't expect to see any for quite a while !

Edited by MaxiP

Guest Tony Williams
So I'm assuming them saying they would have stock in shops this week was a load of rubbish....?

Sadly I had to take my Vega back yesterday as there was a problem with the back/menu button not working. As they were refunding me I jokingly asked if they had any in stock and the response was obviously no but she also said they were not getting any in store anytime soon :)

Guest Paul Fraser

For those that ordered on the 4th of December, mine arrived unannounced today, Thursday 16th December. So far, quite impressed but no Marketplace or I can't find it. Will put the MoDaCo software on tonight I think.

Ordered mine last Saturday, and it was out for delivery today on the day they said it would be, but the stoopid DHL Home Delivery Courier couldn't find the house (We live on a main road!!) so it hasn't been delivered despite us being home all day especially to wait for it. :)

Tried to call DHL but that is a joke in itself LOL

So, they say they will redeliver tomorrow, but!! I'm at work all day.... ;)

Ho Hum - Still, hoping to be able to collect it on Saturday if all else fails... Hate bloody DHL deliveries.

Dayz xx

Guest gitf@ce
Ordered mine last Saturday, and it was out for delivery today on the day they said it would be, but the stoopid DHL Home Delivery Courier couldn't find the house (We live on a main road!!) so it hasn't been delivered despite us being home all day especially to wait for it. :)

Tried to call DHL but that is a joke in itself LOL

So, they say they will redeliver tomorrow, but!! I'm at work all day.... ;)

Ho Hum - Still, hoping to be able to collect it on Saturday if all else fails... Hate bloody DHL deliveries.

Dayz xx

Sorry to hear that... It's really frustrating when you plan things in advance and then fall at the last hurdle!

Best of luck!

Both Currys & PC World status has changed from 'more stock coming next week' to 'item unavailable' & product description has changed to "ADVENT Vega Internet Tablet - Non-Flash Version". Might mean they are getting ready to release some ???

Flash - MCR & PP :-)

And yes, I am an optimist :-)

Edited by MaxiP

Guest chrishudsons

Hi, this is my first post but I thought I would relate my experiences. I actually have my Vega now (but wrapped up under the tree unfortunately). I ordered on the 4th December and received it out of the blue from DHL (never supplied with tracking details etc) on Wednesday this week (15th). I had emailed John Browett at DSG complaining about the service on the Monday. On the Tuesday I received a call from a 'Medic' at the customer service centre who has agreed a £50 'goodwill gesture' because of the problems.

It seems that their store staff and their ordinary customer service reps are useless, but if you speak to someone who knows what they are talking about then they are actually very helpful. The Twitter feed and the fact that they have visited Paul to discuss things are also a positive sign.

Guest MartynT

That's a bit of a result despite the poor service.

I'm still waiting for an update on mine, I called again today to see if I could get any more info but I was told they've no idea when stock will be coming but I should receive a call within 48 hours advising me of the status.