Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndyCr15

Just ordered mine with Curries. The £10 off promo is back on, plus 3% Quidco :)

3-5 working days for delivery, so in theory I will get it before Christmas! *crosses fingers*

Just ordered mine with Curries. The £10 off promo is back on, plus 3% Quidco ;)

3-5 working days for delivery, so in theory I will get it before Christmas! *crosses fingers*

Well good luck with that. I ordered on the 2nd and I'm still waiting. I used to be an optimist but Currys have beaten that out of me :)

Curry's and PCWorld seem to have been accepting orders all day and still seem to still have stock as of time of posting .... which may be a bit worrying as they have either had a monster delivery or it's a big mistake with taking orders but no actual stock again :)

Curry's and PCWorld seem to have been accepting orders all day and still seem to still have stock as of time of posting .... which may be a bit worrying as they have either had a monster delivery or it's a big mistake with taking orders but no actual stock again :)

There was a comment earlier about perhaps they have had stock for a while but haven't been selling them while they tried to resolve the flash / no flash issue. Hopefully, they really do have stock as mine was ordered Saturday morning.

Well I have a tracking code, it looks like DHL have my package. The only problem I'll have is, I wont be in this week and DHL is a bit of a treck :)

Well I ordered mine on Saturday and although it shows on my account when I login to the pcworld site I have had no emails at all ;)

Guest wicca128
Well I ordered mine on Saturday and although it shows on my account when I login to the pcworld site I have had no emails at all :)

I ordered mine on saturday and it come today..... I would email them and find out what is going on if i was you

Guest abandonship11

Hi All

Ordered my Vega from PCWorld Saturday - just delivered! I'm so excited! Booted it up no probs. Looks rather nice if a bit lacking at the moment - no Flash etc. After reading this forum extensively over the past few weeks I have just paid my tenner and joined. You guys seem well up on this device - one of the reasons I have bought it. I am going to attempt to put Pauls ROM on it tonight. Can't wait!

:)

Guest abandonship11

Just installed the ROM upgrade and bloody hell!!! What a difference. Paul you have made me very happy. This tablet is now worth more than 250 with it on. Thank you. ££10 well spent. Ps it was really easy to do.....even for me!!!

Guest jezwick

Ordered mine on Sunday, the DHL tracking site states its now at my local DHL facility so fingers crossed its turning up tomorrow..

Already downloaded and unpacked the Mocodo r5 ROM ready to roll :)

Edited by jezwick

Ordered mine on Saturday and never got any emails or any other notifications although it did appear on my account on their web site.

I phoned PC World on Monday and was told it had been released?

I phoned again today to be told that DHL had been unable to deliver it yesterday but I did get a tracking number. Harriet from PC World phoned back to give me the mobile number of the HDN person in my area and I arranged an RV with her to collect it.

I have been playing with it all morning and have updated it to R5. I was dreading this process as I only have Windows 7 64 but everything went fine with no problems at all.

Guest Wombatter

NOPE pcworld/currys/dixons all out...

Was hoping to pop down local curys/pcworld tomoz and pick one up.. dont look like that's happening before the VAT rise :(

Looks like we'll be buying it at £250+ ;)

NOPE pcworld/currys/dixons all out...

Was hoping to pop down local curys/pcworld tomoz and pick one up.. dont look like that's happening before the VAT rise :(

Looks like we'll be buying it at £250+ ;)

My thoughts too. However, VAT is only going up by 2.5%. While its sad to have to pay more tomorrow than we would today for anything in a world where prices for IT relentlessly fall, it does only works out as about 6-7 pounds more. Id probably spend that to get a PC which had an actual pounds sign on it!

Still, I am hoping they will be back in stock this week. I fly back from the US on the 31st, and I will not have a chance to buy one in-person before the VAT rise. I am therefore hoping to order one online for delivery next week.

Guest Wombatter
My thoughts too. However, VAT is only going up by 2.5%. While its sad to have to pay more tomorrow than we would today for anything in a world where prices for IT relentlessly fall, it does only works out as about 6-7 pounds more. Id probably spend that to get a PC which had an actual pounds sign on it!

Still, I am hoping they will be back in stock this week. I fly back from the US on the 31st, and I will not have a chance to buy one in-person before the VAT rise. I am therefore hoping to order one online for delivery next week.

If your in the US, why not buy a few Viewsonic G-Tablets for us.. :(

They simular spec and price ($300/£240) at the mo... ;)

If your in the US, why not buy a few Viewsonic G-Tablets for us.. :(

They simular spec and price ($300/£240) at the mo... ;)

It's interesting - staples binned the viewsonic tablet earlier this month - see here.. One advantage the vega has is this community as such issues would probably be better understood and addressed.

Guest Wombatter
What are they like for having stock in store in currys/pcworld?

I've been checking last 2 weeks, still nothing, if there is no stock in next two weeks I have a m8 who's getting me a Viewsonic G-Tablet from Italy so it's upto PCW/Dixons/Curry's to get their skates on if they want me as a customer :(