Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest simonta
I was just about to buy an Archos 101 for £270 when I stumbled on to this tablet. It sound like I can buy a Vega for around £250 and get more ram and a better CPU.

I did a quick check and it seems to meet the minimum hardware requirement for Android 3.0

My local Currys have one in stock (according to their website) so I might have a look at one tomorrow.

If you are stil considering an Archos, 2 things:

1. 256MB vs 512MB and single core A8 vs dual core A9. Huge difference in the mobile world.

2. Check out the Archos forum on here, then compare to the posts, customisation and vitality in here.

I also checked out an Archos in store. It's not as well made as the Vega, not that either of them are top drawer, but the Vega is much more solid (albeit you pay for that in weight) and if anything, the screen is even worse than the Vega.

Nuff said...

Edited by simonta

Guest Sillothian

I picked my Vega up from PC World a couple of days ago. I had it on reserve and while I was waiting for it to be brought from the stock room the chap on the till mentioned there was a multibuy offer with the Vega. I got the the official case and a screen protector for an extra 99p! I never saw the offer advertised anywhere in store so it may be worth asking about it when you get to the till.

Guest ramfan007

Dixons online - £274.46 for Vega, Case, Screen Protector and Docking Station - Use Code posted on here during checkout process (you have to spend more than £299 to get 10% discount)

Guest bhargav27

Guys, I just wanted to say thanks in general to the contributors. Thanks to you, I've made an informed decision and decided to buy a Vega. I was considering Creative Ziio 10", Archos 101 and iPad. But judging by the support that Vega has here (and Ziio doesn't) and the powerful specs it is the best choice. Hopefully it will see an update to Android 3.0.

Anyway coming to the good news, just booked one at the Dixons @ M'cr airport for 209.00 (case included with the monthly protection plan) I guess it is a great deal!

Guest xrfil
Do you have to have a boarding pass when you buy from a tax free store?

Yes they ask for your boarding pass, when buying goods, tax free or not. Im sure ive had to show it in whsmiths before when buying magazinzes and a book.

And if your refering to buying from dixons, it doesnt mater if you are flying from a UK airport to another UK airport or australia, everyone has to show there boarding pass, and you both pay the same amount that includes the 20% vat, tho most dixons at airport are around 15% to 20% less than there highstreet prices.

and for refernce there is no such thing as a dixons tax free shop anymore, even the site name is now dixonstravel.

Guest guisoris
Guys, I just wanted to say thanks in general to the contributors. Thanks to you, I've made an informed decision and decided to buy a Vega. I was considering Creative Ziio 10", Archos 101 and iPad. But judging by the support that Vega has here (and Ziio doesn't) and the powerful specs it is the best choice. Hopefully it will see an update to Android 3.0.

Anyway coming to the good news, just booked one at the Dixons @ M'cr airport for 209.00 (case included with the monthly protection plan) I guess it is a great deal!

And how much it´s the cover protection plan? Did you reserve it before or thay have in stock? I´m flying in 10 days and waiting for the airport discount. Do someone know if it can be returned to a PC world if any problem happens?

Thanks

Guest bhargav27
And how much it´s the cover protection plan? Did you reserve it before or thay have in stock? I´m flying in 10 days and waiting for the airport discount. Do someone know if it can be returned to a PC world if any problem happens?

Thanks

I guess I answerd your other questions in another thread. but the protection plan is 5.99 which you can cancel after first month. i'm not sure whether you can return it to pcworld.

Guest guisoris
I guess I answerd your other questions in another thread. but the protection plan is 5.99 which you can cancel after first month. i'm not sure whether you can return it to pcworld.

Thanks

Guest mug2k
Dixons online - £274.46 for Vega, Case, Screen Protector and Docking Station - Use Code posted on here during checkout process (you have to spend more than £299 to get 10% discount)

hey buddy, how can I get this deal?

Thanks

Guest tyshone

Hey Guys,

I can't figure out how to order one of these. Do you have to live in the UK? I am unable to remove United Kingdom from the online order form.

Any ideas?

I'm in the USA

Guest Tanveryen

Just snagged one from Dixon's Duty Free shop on my way out to Canada, only £206 so worth considering if your off on hols any time soon.