Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Keith W
Hi, first post here, I've recently come across the Vega and it looks perfect for me, been into my local Currys and had a play with the demo machine etc.

I've been holding off buying for the last week whilst I research on this forum it's various foibles, however I just read a thread which mentioned it being pulled?

Since I read that I checked availability at my local Currys, none in stock :)

I guess my question is, is the Vega being pulled, or am I just unlucky my local store doesn't have any stock? I'll be pretty gutted if I can't get one anymore :rolleyes:

I heard it was being pulled as well.

No stores in my town or surrounding area have any in stock

Guest Manbag
I heard it was being pulled as well.

No stores in my town or surrounding area have any in stock

Tut! I was going to purchase today and now can't find one any where?!

Guest IanTurner
Tut! I was going to purchase today and now can't find one any where?!

According to a DSG employee post in the exciting news thread they are expecting another 3000 in shortly.

Guest Katsunami
Will cooked roms make the baby grow?

Regards

Alessandro

Definately. My PoV Mobii can now do the exact same things my phone can do. (Except for stuff for which it does not have the hardware: 3G, GPS, and phone calls.) The forum (and internet) contains all information you have to know; for some stuff you may have to search for explanations, depending on your experience with custom ROM's and Android.

In short: without knowing about Corvus5 and R8 as custom ROM's in advance, I would never have bought this thing. It's crippled with the default software, but when modded, it flies.

Guest Alexzandro
Definately. My PoV Mobii can now do the exact same things my phone can do. (Except for stuff for which it does not have the hardware: 3G, GPS, and phone calls.) The forum (and internet) contains all information you have to know; for some stuff you may have to search for explanations, depending on your experience with custom ROM's and Android.

In short: without knowing about Corvus5 and R8 as custom ROM's in advance, I would never have bought this thing. It's crippled with the default software, but when modded, it flies.

Hi ! My post was many days ago ! Now running Vegacomb 1.6 @ 1,5 mhz ! Flash working with some tweaks ( gestures ) . Definately a completely different device, resolution is also increased in last release of HComb.

Regards

Alessandro

Guest William.B.Chunks

I've been watching all DSG websites for stock over the 2 last weeks.

As of today, all sites say it is no longer available. That could just mean they are finally out of stock in all stores across the country or maybe something related to the Exciting News thread is about to happen!?!

Guest IanTurner

Now not even listed on any DSG site.

Even if this is a case of only listing products currently in stock above say 100 spread around the shops it's still

a bit odd if the claim that new stock is due in soon is accurate as it gives the impression that it's no longer available

Guest Manbag

Dixons.co.uk have them in stock again, 3% cashback via quidco.

Tempted to get one for my dad.

Can't find them. Do you have a direct link?

Guest arnookie

Advent Vega available for sale again at PCworld. Order online : O)

It now tells you to check instore for stock or order now online.

So for all who have been waiting to buy nows your chance.

Grab them quick because they are selling fast. You will not regret buying one if you put on a custom rom.

Just wanting to let you all know its back on sale.

: O)

Guest CoWPlagued

Plenty of stock online at the moment.

Also worth a note, the accessories are discounted as well (not from pcworld though??), so the dock for example is £25 and 10% off with a vega, £22.50 for the dock is well worth it in my oppinion.

Dock and vega work out at £222.48 delivered, plus a fiver odd back from quidco.

Guest marksmith34

I purchased a Vega at Dixons - Gatwick Airport North terminal today. £180 I got it at the tax free price, even though i was only flying up to Manchester.

Guest xrfil

I purchased a Vega at Dixons - Gatwick Airport North terminal today. £180 I got it at the tax free price, even though i was only flying up to Manchester.

If you got it tax free , then you paid too much.

But its not tax free in dixons at the airport, just slightly discounted from high street prices

Guest marksmith34

Still £20 cheaper than Dixons website. (I know it should be £40 cheaper if it's tax free, but that's the rip-off that is tax free)

• 1 month later...

Hi I thought I saw a thread to sell your vega on modaco but I cannot find it. I want to sell mine but not getting a views on gumtree. Can someone point me in right direction.