• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Samsung Galaxy Tab mail app

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't owned a Samsung android product before so I don't know whether the mail app on the Galaxy Tab is attached to Touchwiz like the Mail app on my htc is attached to Sense. Is there anyway to port it to the vega so we can enjoy split screen email viewing too =D

thanks in advance

Posted

I haven't owned a Samsung android product before so I don't know whether the mail app on the Galaxy Tab is attached to Touchwiz like the Mail app on my htc is attached to Sense. Is there anyway to port it to the vega so we can enjoy split screen email viewing too =D

thanks in advance

If you can find a GTab and then find the apk in /system/app/ then you should be able to try an install on the Vega... whether it will work or not I don't know.

Posted

If you can find a GTab and then find the apk in /system/app/ then you should be able to try an install on the Vega... whether it will work or not I don't know.

I have a gtab and have extracted the apk and associated odex file. Someone on XDA wanted it try it out on a samsung phone (one below the s i think) it was not just a straight install, some porting was required.

You have to push the files back to /system/app and restart for it to show, not just a straight install

If anyone wants to have a go at porting it let me know and i will upload them.

The calendar and mail app on the tab are most excellent, another reason for the high cost - quality 'free' apps cost :P

Posted

here is the galaxy tab email app anyone want to try it

Galaxyemail.rar

Posted

here is the galaxy tab email app anyone want to try it

Surely a package installation file contains compiled code which cannot be edited?

Posted (edited)

Surely a package installation file contains compiled code which cannot be edited?

Lots of people trying things with it on XDA;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=810454

Mostly samsung phones I think, so they may have an unfair advantage :D

Also, about the compiling. Are the apks not just java that gets compiled 'Just In Time'? Thought they were all little isolated java apps that ran in the dalvik machine?

I am sure one of the Devs/techs can right all that is wrong with those thoughts :P

Edited by Bisto321

Posted

Couldn't get it to work on the Android Emulator (don't have a Vega) but no dice. It seems to require a separate ContentProvider service called "content://com.sec.badge/apps" and crashes without it.

Posted (edited)

Couldn't get it to work on the Android Emulator (don't have a Vega) but no dice. It seems to require a separate ContentProvider service called "content://com.sec.badge/apps" and crashes without it.

yes, i have seen others mention that. Think it maybe a samsung special.

the sec in that namespace probably refers to samsung electronics corporation, I guess

Edited by Bisto321

Posted

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=855415

there is a .zip in that thread with an apps and framework folder from the tab and a couple of posts down in it is a deodexed email.apk

might be some use

i'm trying to get it to work on the dell streak but without any luck. force closes when youu try and do anything with it.