[NEW UPDATED] FROYO 2.2 BUILD KERNAL/SYSTEM FILES DUMP

Guest sorrowuk

Guest buneech
Edit: I Really LOVE the new lock screen/unlock method

Can someone make a screenshot of it? I'm really intrigued by it, but i don't have time to play with my phone.

Guest rayraven
Hw accel is off in the original and TomG's package. I think Paul will turn it on, though. :P

Probably because they turned off the stagefright player.

Enabling it should get scores back up. But it doesnt have any impact on normal performance afaik.

Guest socialworker

Flashed TomGs version packed by Arr Too.

First impressions:

not very snappy, but usable.

Coarse location still a NO GO...

Maps version is old (4.3) and can't be updated via market.

edit: actually can't download anything from market.

Can't login to google talk.

Can't say anything about the lockscreen hangup bug yet, will report later.

On the plus side: auto brightness seems to work properly.

Edited by socialworker

Guest oliphillips
please leave HW UI off and add it as an addon .zip!!

it kills battery life remember and the net benefit is minimal.

Yes it would be good to have the option of both

Guest LouisUK

Looking forward to a release from Paul. I take it this release will work on Clockwork? Im running his R4 at the moment so should just beable to put the new rom on the sdcard and clockwork it?

Thanks

Guest stuartmc

I have no doubt that Paul will come up with a kitchen eventually that allows us to build our own options. I will just have to wait till then as don't have the experience/courage to play with this yet.

Repackaged Tom G's as a ClockworkMod update.zip (which doesn't have the size limit on the system bit):

http://www.mediafire.com/?svhyax41v2szj0t

Thanks for repacking it. I was hoping someone would do it earlier. I just did it myself and came to post the link but you've beat me to it.

My rom has very little customisation. It is basically as it came from ZTE with the default language changed to english, ril fixed and a heap of apps removed. I haven't played with hw accel and it does feel slow. There are plenty of other capable ppl here that can fix the other bits and speed it up a bit. It is usable but could be much better.

Edited by Tom G

Guest tronads
In the version i have packed up the gps found me. 9 metres away without wifi. That's pretty good.

What seems to happen with mine is that when I am outside GPS works fine, but back indoors, ie where the GPS signal has been lost, it then sticks me in the Yorkshire Dales.

Guest LouisUK
Alright, RIL all good, finishing up last few bits...

P

Cheers Paul, any chance you can confirm the below?

Looking forward to a release from Paul. I take it this release will work on Clockwork? Im running his R4 at the moment so should just beable to put the new rom on the sdcard and clockwork it?

Thanks

Cheers Paul, any chance you can confirm the below?

Thanks

Correct...

P

Guest LouisUK

Thanks Paul.

Was a bit worried that perhaps in the last couple months my Clockwork method was out of date. The methods on here seem to change very quickly and it took me a while to get my head around it first time round. Saying that ive been using r4 since its release and it was miles better than the Orange shite.

Thanks

Louis

Guest rayraven
Alright, RIL all good, finishing up last few bits...

P

Sweet god that's quick. I didnt expect a new rom based on the dump so quickly.

Thanks a lot.

P.S: Is this 2.2 or 2.2.1? I think the stagefright nonsense is fixed in 2.2.1

Edited by rayraven

Guest cmberry20

Whats the general feeling of this 2.2 ROM - better than the current ones or probably on par. I would love a fully working 2.2 ROM!!

PS. Many thanks for all your hard work Paul.

Guest oh!dougal
Hmmm

Quadrant is 391 yet on the old r3 version it was 945

Coincidentally (or not), this is pretty much on par with 2.1 ... this is NOT greased lightening.

So is there a pile of debug code, is there something big in the background, or is it that JIT has been turned off, or ... what?

Edited by oh!dougal