• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

removing preinstalled apps

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyways, i got a bunch of stock apps (finance, photobucket, ... ) on the latest froyo r3a, which run in the background for no purpose and burn quite a lot ram. If i kill them with Advanced task killer, they just reappear. Removal in the settings is not possible.

Is there any way to remove those unwanted stuff without any terminal OR is there maybe a step by spet guide written anywhere?

thanks,

j.

Posted

Anyways, i got a bunch of stock apps (finance, photobucket, ... ) on the latest froyo r3a, which run in the background for no purpose and burn quite a lot ram. If i kill them with Advanced task killer, they just reappear. Removal in the settings is not possible.

Is there any way to remove those unwanted stuff without any terminal OR is there maybe a step by spet guide written anywhere?

thanks,

j.

I too would like to know this.

I never used photobucket, but keep on running in background.

Even after killing the app, it restarts after some time.

Posted

thanks,

j.

If you are running a modded rom the easiest way to remove them is to remove them from the rom zip before flashing (assuming you use clockwork mod to flash and have signature checking disabled).

Posted

Use the search function on this forum, has been discussed many times before

Topic reported.

Posted

Use the search function on this forum, has been discussed many times before

Topic reported.

Exactly. As Freekers said, please use the forum search.

Best regards,

BB

Posted

I too would like to know this.

I never used photobucket, but keep on running in background.

Even after killing the app, it restarts after some time.

Easy.

On your computer go to the Zip file, double click (dnt unzip) enter system > Apps and delete the neccesary apk files, the ones you want to delete. Dnt delete everything as most of them are essential. Finally Exit.

If you have 2.2 already installed just flash it with the Clockwork recovery mode.

Posted

Cant you use Titanium Backup to force remove them?

As mentioend twice above, this is the method discussed many times before.

Posted

Sorry, i did some searching, but i guess i just looked in the blade department.

Anyway, as it seems, the reflash is the easiest thing. What do you lose, if you reflash using clockwork (from 2.2 back to 2.2)? Everything i persume?

sorry and thanks for the info,

regards,

j.

Posted

No easiest way is to use Titanium Backup to delete the apps.

Posted

tnx, i think thats all i need!

cheers.

Posted

And remember to activate the Chuck Norris mode in the preferences.

I hope this was the last time a topic regarding this issue was opened :P

Posted

This might help, too_

post-769028-1291155608_thumb.png