Can't perform screen calibration on 1.4.6.

Guest eimoaotl

Guest eimoaotl

When I try to perform a screen calibration on Steve's 1.4.6 I am unable to get it to work. I hold down the camera button while powering up, get to the screen where you can touch on screen calibration or fast boot, and I am able to click everything on the screen (fastboot, using the displayed number pad, etc) but the screen does not respond to my taps on the upper left corner to select the screen calibration. I have no problems with my screen touching it anywhere when booted into the regular android system so it isn't something with my screen. And I used to be able to do it on stock att 1.6. The reason I want to calibrate is because sometimes I can't slide to unlock my screen and have to try several times to get it to work. I have gotten around it by instaling menuUnlock from the market and that works great.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to calibrate my screen some other way? Thanks.

When I try to perform a screen calibration on Steve's 1.4.6 I am unable to get it to work. I hold down the camera button while powering up, get to the screen where you can touch on screen calibration or fast boot, and I am able to click everything on the screen (fastboot, using the displayed number pad, etc) but the screen does not respond to my taps on the upper left corner to select the screen calibration. I have no problems with my screen touching it anywhere when booted into the regular android system so it isn't something with my screen. And I used to be able to do it on stock att 1.6. The reason I want to calibrate is because sometimes I can't slide to unlock my screen and have to try several times to get it to work. I have gotten around it by instaling menuUnlock from the market and that works great.

try the one in recovery

Guest madd_dog

You are talking about dell streak right? There is no touching in Dell's screen calibration. It clearly says that you are not supposed to touch the screen while its calibrating...

Also, to calibrate the screen you have to hold down the volume and power buttons together to get to menu and i believe its option #2 for screen calibration.

Guest Tim6772
I have gotten around it by instaling menuUnlock from the market and that works great.

Why not use the supplied Pattern Unlock instead?

Works a whole lot better