• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amarko5

1st Bricked Vega Perhaps

29 posts in this topic

YEE HAA

we have life :P

well i have messed around for 2 days now trying everything i could to get the vega back. i cannot catagorically say which of these did it but here goes.

formatted memory card and unzipped 1.04 exe file and copied all to mem card, tried several boots and nothing :-( pulled out power lead tried again . nothing, pulled out usb and again nothing pluged in power cable had usb in computer inserted usb into vega at same time pressing just the back button only and EUREKA bing bong usb connection, so quickly switched to 1.04 exe on pc and ran it. and i have a vega back from the dead.

do not ask me if this is repeatable as i have no intention of trying to brick it again. but maybe it will help someone else in the future.

as i have tried so many things and combinations this might not be the exact sequence but i am just about certain it was.

top and bottom though i have my vega back so don't need to visit currys just yet. :P ;)

PHEW !! welcome back .......... we missed ya ;)

PHEW !! welcome back .......... we missed ya ;)

awe shucks !! :P

thanks for the WB's :P

my vega is bricked .. does any one has any instruction to revive it?

edit: I have found a way to get into the USB mode so that I can flash the official 1.04 exe:

1) hold "back" button

2) Press "power" button for 2 sec

3) let go power button then 2 sec let go "back"

there should be a blue light beneath the webcam. if you tilt the tablet, then you ll find it.

This allow usb connection to Windows PC. (no wonder my mac has no response what so ever)

then I quickly flash the 1.04 exe.

after reboot on tablet. and it s good as new.

advent really need to properly support Mac ... ;)

Edit2: oops .. should have read advent website properly... they have a full flash procedure in a pdf:

http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/full_system_...nstructions.pdf

Edited by vertico

YEE HAA

we have life ;)

well i have messed around for 2 days now trying everything i could to get the vega back. i cannot catagorically say which of these did it but here goes.

formatted memory card and unzipped 1.04 exe file and copied all to mem card, tried several boots and nothing :-( pulled out power lead tried again . nothing, pulled out usb and again nothing pluged in power cable had usb in computer inserted usb into vega at same time pressing just the back button only and EUREKA bing bong usb connection, so quickly switched to 1.04 exe on pc and ran it. and i have a vega back from the dead.

do not ask me if this is repeatable as i have no intention of trying to brick it again. but maybe it will help someone else in the future.

as i have tried so many things and combinations this might not be the exact sequence but i am just about certain it was.

top and bottom though i have my vega back so don't need to visit currys just yet. :P :P

few, and there was just about to start the appeal fund for your replacement.

Good to know your back.