[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Budgieboy

After complaining about the free pre bakes being left in the dust there has been a huge increase in updates and with the free pre bakes not far behind, Thanks for this Paul I am now going to sign up for a 1 year subscription.

I just have to wait a while because some guy decided to release CFW on the PS3 which has bricked hundreds of peoples PS3's including my own, Once that's sorted (and I hope it's a simple fix using software) then I can go ahead with the purchase. ;)

Edited by Budgieboy

Guest t0mm13b
Wow!!!!!!!!

A Showstopper bug on ROM10

This is under Windows XP Home....

USB Tethering, under Wireless & Network Settings

Check it to enable tethering... Win XP Home starts searching for the drivers (for ever may I add, takes ages)

After say, half an hour later, uncheck the USB Tethering on the handset

the handset freezes and reboots!!!!

BUG!!!!!

Am bumping this up for Paul's attention.... ;)

The xml file for multitouch is inside /system/etc/permissions and you can edit it with any text editor and ADB push it to the phone, use root explorer or edit the file in the rom and flash again.

Worked a charm, thanks ;)

Guest Frankish
The Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk will need signing for this rom. Paul would probably have to do it. The xml file for multitouch is inside /system/etc/permissions and you can edit it with any text editor and ADB push it to the phone, use root explorer or edit the file in the rom and flash again.

Anyone can sign the files mate i can do it. I've been signing my themes with the platform key which is what Paul uses. But would doing this bring back the problem of no contact names when calling?

Guest flash242424

PLEASE community, answer me...

I have the r7 and led dont flash red when i have a notifications with the display locked...

That as solved or its a driver problem?

Anyone can sign the files mate i can do it. I've been signing my themes with the platform key which is what Paul uses. But would doing this bring back the problem of no contact names when calling?

If the ROM uses the new database OR we replace contacts.apk with the new fixed version, then I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work.

Hmm the contacts.apk and contactsprovider.apk are EXACTLY the same in r10 as in the working r8.

Huh now that is weird. So how come now there is no way to use the default dialer. I still believe the SmartDialer is the cause of the sync issues, but I tried uninstalling it (on the grounds that the original is still in there somewhere) but found there is NO way to load the original version, set it as default or anything.

I really wanna know what Fibb has to say about this, given that he had the stock dialer fully working with contact sync running perfectly. He might have some ideas? Especially given this new information >.<

thanks for really fast upgrade! some comments:

- its possible to change backround collor in messaging and calendar? status bar and theme are great, but messagiing is in white collor

- icons in status bare are green, but color in bars when changing volume is orange

- has anybody forced close on HTE keyboard? (I have:( )

- GPS is worse than R8:( I cant't get GPS signal in over 5 minutes of test, try GPS status, GPS test and MyTracks

Edited by mnavak

- GPS is worse than R8:( I cant't get GPS signal in over 5 minutes of test, try GPS status, GPS test and MyTracks

I can confirm this, 5 minutes and still no GPS lock ;)

Guest t0mm13b

Just looking at ROM 10 kernel configuration....

CONFIG_INPUT_EVBUG=y <-- switch off that will turn off HID debugging

Why is CONFIG_LIBRA_SDIOIF=m set as we do not have that wifi chipset? I am a bit confused as to the driver is AR6000 which is used....

Can this be clarified?

Cheers ;)

Guest Donkey Oaty

When playing back various video files saved to the SD, they play with a green bar at the top and distorted colours.

I remember this was a problem previously with Youtube HD. The files I'm trying to play are mp4 files saved for an ipod.

Guest Shadey1

/ignore.

I was moaning about the r10 seeming to freeze on boot and the seoncd I finished typing it launched lol. Was just taking an age.

Edited by Shadey1

Guest gambieter

With R10, the touchscreen becomes quite unresponsive in Angry Birds (OLED)? Had some FCs, but reboot solved that.

Colors/Scheme look fine; I made a minimal install for a /system of 128 MB which still has 12 MB left on /system after installation, but still includes Gingerbread.

Guest HELLienadO

On r8 I had the stock dialer and ZTE smart dialer, the ZTE smart dialer would gave me FC every time I tried to run it, I've uninstalled it with titatnium backup and kept the stock dialer, which is much nicer in my opinion. I've installed r10 over r8, stock dialer disappeared and ZTE smart dialer kept Force closing again... And contacts appeared the group tab that I don't like, just like Jellyfish rom =\

I restored r8.

I can confirm this, 5 minutes and still no GPS lock ;)

GPS working fine here on r10. In fact, it seems really quick considering I'm indoors and a couple of metres from a window.

Guest juniperz

All good here with R10. GPS worked very quickly even though I am inside.

Apps restored with Titanium.

Frankish's BlueGingerbread-circlemod theme running with the wave_of_color-theme wallpaper...

I love this site...

Guest Shadey1
All good here with R10. GPS worked very quickly even though I am inside.

Apps restored with Titanium.

Frankish's BlueGingerbread-circlemod theme running with the wave_of_color-theme wallpaper...

I love this site...

Yup everything seems better so far except the facebooketc synch issues now. Cracking ROM though thanks Paul!

Guest Simon O
Huh now that is weird. So how come now there is no way to use the default dialer. I still believe the SmartDialer is the cause of the sync issues, but I tried uninstalling it (on the grounds that the original is still in there somewhere) but found there is NO way to load the original version, set it as default or anything.

I really wanna know what Fibb has to say about this, given that he had the stock dialer fully working with contact sync running perfectly. He might have some ideas? Especially given this new information >.<

I replaced Contacts and ContactsProvider completely. The files were taken from a Nexus One ROM. Actually most of the system files in my rom have been replaced with files from the Nexus One build FRG83 (2.2.1).

Guest Simon O

editing /system/etc/gps.conf may help with GPS fix speed (seems to be quicker for me anyway).

top line will say

NTP_SERVER=xtra1.gpsonextra.net
you will want to change this to use an NTP server closer to you. For me I use uk.pool.ntp.org (also used in FLB-froyo). if you are in Portugal then use pt.pool.ntl.org, Germans can use de.pool.ntp.org etc etc. If you are unsure then go to http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/ and check your countries pool server. This is the same thing that 'FasterFix' app does. It seems that the default servers aren't the quickest. Also MCR doesn't have any AGPS supplicant info. You can add
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276[/code]

to the file.

seems to have a made a difference here, the 1st position fix was almost instant and was about a mile away (cell site) it took about 15 seconds to get a fix that was I would estimate less than 2M away from where I was sat inside the house

Can someone try adding a new wallpaper using the R10 rom please?

I've tried several now and I can't get the phone to display any jpg picture

even trying to view the pictures using gallery and it wont show it's like the file doesn't exist, or isn't a picture

Edit: Just took a picture with the camera and it's recognising that as a jpg but still no other file.

Anyone have any ideas?