[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest leszekpap

one question - I want to buy Modaco subscription - but I don`t know why paypal doesn`t accept my card.

where to write about other possibilities ? which amin or something ?

thank you for help.

regards

Edited by leszekpap

one question - I want to buy Modaco subscription - but I don`t know why paypal doesn`t accept my card.

where to write about other possibilities ? which amin or something ?

thank you for help.

regards

Google Checkout.

No, it still has some issues with boxes in contacts, some people have GPS and Facebook sync problems.

@Jhet search for stagefright broken and edit build.prop on the forum, it's been discussed a lot of times.

Thanks for the reply Rotmann

Guest dragon2611

Does anyone else have issues with the GPS on Modaco Custom Rom Alpha 5 (Kitchen)

It works but mine takes a long time to get a postion. I used gps test and it sees the satellites pretty quickly but it takes a very long time for it to actually determine the postiion.

By a long time I mean it sometimes takes over 10minutes before it will get the position.

Edit:

Whoops it wasn't a prebake

Edited by dragon2611

Does anyone else have issues with the GPS on Modaco Custom Rom Alpha 5 (prebake)

It works but mine takes a long time to get a postion. I used gps test and it sees the satellites pretty quickly but it takes a very long time for it to actually determine the postiion.

By a long time I mean it sometimes takes over 10minutes before it will get the position.

Have You actually read the posts in the thread you got the rom from?

If not I suggest you do - Lots of information in that thread I'll even move this for you so you don't have to try and find it

now read the posts, if you don't find the information you need ask again

but I'd upgrade to the latest rom rather than asking about an old version long since updated

Guest leszekpap
Google Checkout.

unfortunatelly google checkout not working for me ( as the paypal) ;) any oter possibility ?

anybody ?

to which admin I should write ? I want to try new version of modaco rom ..i think r7 is quite old.. ;)

Edited by leszekpap

Oh Blimey what rock have i been hiding under ;)

lol don't worry about it, things move fast once they get going

The prebake r11 should be available soon, and also the kitchen r12

For what it's worth the only problem I've noticed is the square box on the contacts

The battery life is fine - normal phone use, a few phone calls each day, several texts, a bit of browsing and a couple of minutes of angry birds each day

after 3d 14h 49m there was 36% left in the battery yes that's 86 hours and 49 minutes

Guest GraviticVortex

I cant find SIM Toolkit anywhere though i have made sure i have checked it in kichen.

Downloaded and flashed 3 times now, still nothing.

Am i missing something obvious?

Edited by GraviticVortex

Guest m_w_clarke
I cant find SIM Toolkit anywhere though i have made sure i have checked it in kichen.

I think it only appears if you SIM card/network provider supports it. Appears with me, with a T-mobile contract sim card.

I recall reading that it only shows if your sim supports any of it's actions; it won't show if you have a boring sim. I don't know the mechanism for hiding launcher icons dynamically, but this may promt a comment from someone more informed.

Sam

Guest Magenta

Hey Paul & crew!

I'm new to all this but took my chance yesterday to root + flash your R7-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen ROM to my device. Boy was I surprised! I got the phone via Bouyges Telecom, not cheap..169€ but OLED ;) and the phone is so much more responsive now!! Userinterface is much more logical now and the Wifi+Gps signals are excellent!

Will check this forum often, loving the Blade community here!!

M.

;)

Guest GraviticVortex
I recall reading that it only shows if your sim supports any of it's actions; it won't show if you have a boring sim. I don't know the mechanism for hiding launcher icons dynamically, but this may promt a comment from someone more informed.

Sam

Sure, why would i want SIM toolkit without a SIM that supports it?

It works with all dumbphones, Nokia N85, Moto XT720 with Eclair ROM and HTC Desire with Froyo ROM.

Doesnt work on Blade with any Froyo ROM's i have flashed.

With r11 i can see Stk.apk under system/app when i click on it in Astro i get 2 options: uninstall and launch.

If i click launchi gat message: "activity not found - com.android.stk"

Sure, why would i want SIM toolkit without a SIM that supports it?

It works with all dumbphones, Nokia N85, Moto XT720 with Eclair ROM and HTC Desire with Froyo ROM.

Doesnt work on Blade with any Froyo ROM's i have flashed.

With r11 i can see Stk.apk under system/app when i click on it in Astro i get 2 options: uninstall and launch.

If i click launchi gat message: "activity not found - com.android.stk"

The same thing happens with Sound Recorder - I select it in the kitchen, but it doesn't appear in the app tray. Selecting launch on SoundRecorder.apk in /system/app results in "activity not found - com.android.soundrecorder".

Guest GraviticVortex

Ah yes, now that you mention it, i don't have Sound Recorder in apps either, though i selected it in kitchen.

Meanwhile, i took my SIM out of Blade, put it into Desire Z with stock ROM and SIM Toolkit was instantly available.

Guest webtaster

Does anyone know what the status of the WLAN sleep option is ? even if I select "Never" the WLAN seems to get disabled once the phone goes to sleep.

It would be very useful for apps such as "whatsapp" which needs full time wifi..

Guest m_w_clarke
Ah yes, now that you mention it, i don't have Sound Recorder in apps either, though i selected it in kitchen.

Meanwhile, i took my SIM out of Blade, put it into Desire Z with stock ROM and SIM Toolkit was instantly available.

TO fix the sound recorder issues, go to the market and "SoundRecorder wrapper". It adds the icon to the apps menu and slecting it all works okay.

Guest ankjinz

I recently flashed R11 Rom on my Zte Blade..

The rom is awesome.. but there seems to be one glitch.. Browser doesnt have FLASH support.. I tried downloading Flash 10.1 and installing it. But says unable to install..

Someone please tell how this issue can be resolved.. Currently its not possible on the browser to view flash content..

Regards

Ank

Guest Phoenix Silver
I recently flashed R11 Rom on my Zte Blade..

The rom is awesome.. but there seems to be one glitch.. Browser doesnt have FLASH support.. I tried downloading Flash 10.1 and installing it. But says unable to install..

Someone please tell how this issue can be resolved.. Currently its not possible on the browser to view flash content..

Regards

Ank

answered 10.000.0000.00000 times

no flash in any 2.2 roms

thanks to use the search function

no flash in any ZTE BLADE (or variants of) 2.2 roms

As stated Many Many times before the processor in the phone is not powerful enough to run flash

I don't actually get the big deal about flash, I've never needed to run it,

the only thing I can't do on the phone which needs flash and would be nice is to play farmville (don't laugh)

but I have my computer to do that on anyway

Guest Len Ash
As stated Many Many times before the processor in the phone is not powerful enough to run flash

I don't actually get the big deal about flash, I've never needed to run it,

the only thing I can't do on the phone which needs flash and would be nice is to play farmville (don't laugh)

but I have my computer to do that on anyway

I can't laugh - Mafia Wars "occasional" player.

Interestingly, MCR 2.1 would render m.mafiawars.... OK, but JJ9 and this do not. Just get a message saying the 240 pixel site is under construction...

Might be an HTML5 problem?

Edited by Len Ash