[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest yeawhatever
yup, I'm the one that saw that problem, on WPA2. My key uses 31 characters and I had the behaviour you mention. Taking this down to a simple 87654321 key worked fine. I did try it on 4 different wifi routers, all behaved the same. Still don't know what causes it. I was using FLB r3a at the time. I haven't tried this release yet but will be trying later.

Knew you were going to suggest that.... only 3 laptops, 2 phones and a b**ch of a wireless access point to reconfigure!!!!!

Hopefully paul could work his magic and track this down :P

Will the current clockwork allow re-flashing of the 2.1 MCR should I want to go back after trying this out, or would I have to revert back to the other clockwork version used before?

Thanks for all your work.

Guest fryguyse

Had no reception with this ROM, worked for a while but then it stopped and Sveriges Radioapp just buffered for ever like the last Froyo-ROM. Restoring backup.

Made the edits to the build.prop as instructed earlier in the thread and my Quadrant score has jumped from 430 to 820.... though still not as good as the 956 I was getting on the previous Froyo alpha build.

The ROM seems very stable though and the Market works a treat over Wifi and 3G. Auto brightness seems to be working perfectly too.... wish I could say the same for coarse location in Maps.

I know this is a probably a dumb idea.... but could parts of the old Froyo build be inserted into this one to get the best parts of both?? The new lock screen is somewhat clunky and jerky.

I look forward to seeing the exciting developments that take place during the next couple of days thanks to the excellent community on here.

Edited by Guest

Guest alanh5929

:P Great work this rom is great, i just thought i would give some feedback about the issues

i have found

• satellite images disapear when i zoom out from a location in google maps
  • ummm thats it...

Guest bagatov

Does anyone know if the screen lockups which occured sometimes with the lockscreen are still present in this build? I have the orange sf, so it's not specific to non uk versions. Never happens on 2.1. Only thing keeping me from froyo.

cheers

Guest Danne_Swe
Had no reception with this ROM, worked for a while but then it stopped and Sveriges Radioapp just buffered for ever like the last Froyo-ROM. Restoring backup.

Coudn't get reception with 2G on Tele2 in Sweden, but if I use 3G network it works.

(I couldn't use the "use only 2g networks", then it said "no service").

Guest Junior Bear

My quadrant score has gone from 930+ down to around 400

I assume this is because of hardware acceleration not enabled yet.

Will when its on in the alpha 2 rom. Will the touch pal keyboard be less laggy?

Guest yeawhatever

Still busy testing alpha1. As a request for alpha 2 can we get the android stock keyboard withword prediction that was in r3 as its so much better. Thanks paul

Guest ballist1x

great work. holding off this release until the final one from P.

dont listen to the haters, you have an awesome product but some substandard customers is all i can say.

and as for Quadrant scores with Pauls froyo 2.2 G2 R2 trimmed down i score anywhere between 955 and 1055 depending on what else is running! and thats with HW UI set to zero?

Edited by ballist1x

Guest AndyHibberd

Does Coarse Location work? (As in without GPS on, just from cellular/wifi info)

That's the only thing I found missing from Fibbles release.

Andy

Edited by AndyHibberd

Guest ale_syrj
Does anyone know if the screen lockups which occured sometimes with the lockscreen are still present in this build? I have the orange sf, so it's not specific to non uk versions. Never happens on 2.1. Only thing keeping me from froyo.

cheers

At least on the Finnish Blade, yes. I don't think anyone with another version of the phone has said anything about the issue yet, so you'll just have to try for yourself.

Does Coarse Location work? (As in without GPS on, just from cellular/wifi info)

That's the only thing I found missing from Fibbles release.

Andy

Not working for me.

Other issues for me includes following

1) Weather widget not working, have to force stop it

2) Video Cam, is doing the same thing, though I tried on HD Mod, not sure if the OSF hardware is capable to record in HD.

Wireless tethering works well for me.

Edited by Niks10

Yes. There are still some reports in this thread (and the other one) about the lock screen freezing. I'm also holding off until that gets resolved.

Paul - do you think the locking up is something you'll be able to track down and fix in a later release, or is it a more fundamental problem that ZTE will have to fix?

Morning all!

So here's how this is going to work... i'm going to be working on alpha2 today, i'll put an alpha2 kitchen in post 2 and gradually drop in fixes throughout the day.

When I finish for the day i'll put up an alpha 2 prebake.

I kicked off running the ROM through the MCR optimisation machine overnight so alpha2 will be size / performance optimised too. :P

P