[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I don't use Facebook myself, but a lot of people do... so in the name of a more complete phone I would say it is worth the wipe :D

But only if you make that update available rapidly because I really want to install your ROM in my virgin SF :P

Edited by manji

Alrighty, prepping r7 now, kitchen online in the next hour or so. :D

Check post 3 for a sneak peek at the changelog. :P

P

Is it necessary to wipe when change from alpha6 to r7???

Or just install and taht's all???

Guest Putterill

Something odd, may be ROM related or not.

Just took two phone calls, the first since installing the latest rom, in both after a few minutes the dialler froze and I couldn't hear the other person or end the call. The first time I had to power off but the second time after several attempts I could end the call.

Hardware, software or network? Or have I just installed too many ROMs and maybe have remnants of old systems still knocking round and causing trouble?

Guest DarkCounter
So here's the deal... I can fix Facebook contact sync... BUT... it will mean making the update a 'mandatory wipe' update. Worth it or not?

P

Definitely worth it. Only have half of my contacs with pics via Google and don't wanna mess around with every single contact :D.

Guest viggee64

just installed r7 and wiping everything beforehand

my messaging app stays in english, calculator does too, anyone else experiencing these problems? (locale set to german)

Guest nedian05
So here's the deal... I can fix Facebook contact sync... BUT... it will mean making the update a 'mandatory wipe' update. Worth it or not?

P

Please fix facebook sync.

Guest Totyasrác
Anything from 2.5.1.3 upwards (so 2.5.1.8 should be fine!)

P

So - 2.5.0.4 doesn't cut it then? :D

(Had issues before with 2.5.1.8 as I remember so I've sticked to the older one...)

Oh dear, I used 2.5.0.9.... Does that mean I might have problems ?

I was in the same boat and used the update zip provided in this post:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...overy-oled-tft/

Worked fine. Nandroid first to be safe.

r7 updated without issue and didn't wipe first ( updated from r5).

Cheers Paul ( and Seb404)

Edited by SamH

Guest idolakis

r7 updated, SUPER

Paul, nice work, thank you very much for all your efforts. Works just fine for me.

facebook would be nice.

Is there an option to produce one r8 version with facebook fixed (which requires wipe) and an other without facebook fixed (which does not require wipe)? Just a thought?

Guest juniperz

Can someone please remind me what I lose by wiping? I am on MCR a5 (having gone to a5 yesterday without wiping).

Would I lose all apps and settings, other than the apps present in the next ROM? No big deal; I use Titanium, but just wondered.

Guest solarwallin

Hi i just installed "alpha5-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned" and everything seems to work fine but when i download some images from browser to /sdcard/download and then reboot the phone the downloaded images etc are not there, anyone got the same problem and has find a fix? i tried look for answer but there are 114 pages of posts

(btw i am new here)

Edited by solarwallin

Guest idolakis

I just installed/upgraded r7, everything went fine.

I have selected the option "Enable menu key unlock"

But it does not work. Do I have to activate it somewhere?

Guest Putterill

Having problems with the kitchen, downloads fail with "the content is not supported on this phone". I'm sure I downloaded from it directly to the phone before?