[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Just installed r8 (first I cleared data and cache from clockwork)

titanium backup upgraded on first boot as soon as market was installed.

But titanium backup doesn't work - it claims to be "waiting for root permissions" but the request screen with the OK button never appears.

The reboot app does manage to properly ask for root permissions.

The task manager is also missing from the start menu

Rebooting fixed titanium backup

Edited by samjam

Just installed r8 (first I cleared data and cache from clockwork)

titanium backup upgraded on first boot as soon as market was installed.

But titanium backup doesn't work - it claims to be "waiting for root permissions" but the request screen with the OK button never appears.

Restart OSF, then try again.

Paul (or anyone)

Is there a way to upgrade clockwork without pgysically connecting the phone to the computer and using adb (or android commander) by way f an update.zip?

I've got this rom on some of my kids phones and they live over 300 miles away, they are confident on computers and such like and I'd trust them to use clockwork to flash a new image but I would't trust them to update the clockwork itself by flashing the phone direct - if you get what I mean

Paul (or anyone)

Is there a way to upgrade clockwork without pgysically connecting the phone to the computer and using adb (or android commander) by way f an update.zip?

I've got this rom on some of my kids phones and they live over 300 miles away, they are confident on computers and such like and I'd trust them to use clockwork to flash a new image but I would't trust them to update the clockwork itself by flashing the phone direct - if you get what I mean

They can flash the update zip in this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...overy-oled-tft/ with clockwork.

Guest philmein
Paul (or anyone)

here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...overy-oled-tft/

use the update zip

Guest Frankish
Paul (or anyone)

How about just flashing it through terminal emulator on the phone?

@Paul Is your release so different to flibs that my themes would need porting to your newer version? Basically framework-res.apk and services.jar...have you made changes to these?

Edited by Frankish

How about just flashing it through terminal emulator on the phone?

@Paul Is your release so different to flibs that my themes would need porting to your newer version? Basically framework-res.apk and services.jar...have you made changes to these?

Yes, and you need to make sure you re-sign framework-res with the platform cert.

Also, the framework-res is different depending on whether you bake in menu key unlock too...

A gingerbread theme would just cap this off tho... ;)

P

I installed r8, and played with wifi sleep policies with ping, result:

-sleep when screen off is working, but reconnect is slow as hell: Seems like it's slower than the previous versions, but maybe it's only worked for me when the phone doesn't enter sleep mode correctly, so the wifi never disconnected.

-never sleep (wifi always on) is strange. When screen is turning off it turns off, and after about a minute it turns on again for a few seconds. That's maybe ok, only the sync process should use the network, and this is more than enough for it. Reconnection seems a bit faster when the screen turns on (sometimes it reconnects instantly, but mostly it's still slow), but it definitely does the wpa handshake sometimes. Is this how it supposed to work?

Otherwise, it's a great ROM, everything is working so far.

One minor issue: Titanium backup is not up to date.

Guest Frankish
Yes, and you need to make sure you re-sign framework-res with the platform cert.

Also, the framework-res is different depending on whether you bake in menu key unlock too...

A gingerbread theme would just cap this off tho... ;)

P

Is platform cert the same as test key? That comes with signapk? As that's what I've used up to now.

The r8 launcher has only 5 screens, I'll swear the r7 launcher had 7

Anyone else missing task manager?

Not sure what's happened to Task Manager!

*investigates*

P

regarding the skype issue: its an bug in the skype software, very much to read about if you search for it - but skype doesnt bother to fix this bug fast.

we have to wait until skype will fix this in an future release.

The r8 launcher has only 5 screens, I'll swear the r7 launcher had 7

Anyone else missing task manager?

Yepp, Task Manager is missing, though /system/app/TaskManager.apk exists.

Task Manager fixed for new kitchen builds.

For our own enlightenment, what sort of mistake packs the apk but doesn't have it in the menu? How does it normally work?

regarding the skype issue: its an bug in the skype software, very much to read about if you search for it - but skype doesnt bother to fix this bug fast.

we have to wait until skype will fix this in an future release.

Various other software not working (sipdroid, linphone...) would strongly suggest there is a problem with the blade (it happened on all builds (2.1, 2.2) I tried).

Paul, another comment that might hopefully shed some light:

On Orange San Francisco there problem seems to be related to not working am.setSpeakerphoneOn call. Old am.setMode call sets correct speaker.

I am attaching my build with forced am.setMode call (and due to build problems commented some Bluetooth calls).

http://code.google.com/p/sipdroid/issues/detail?id=366#c69

another link about the same issue:

http://code.google.com/p/csipsimple/issues/detail?id=542