[ROM][eclair][OLED+TFT] Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 RLS4 (13/Dec)

Guest Freekers

Guest Freekers

About RELEASE:

This is a customised ROM based upon the latest BladeVillain 1.1.0 ROM by Kendon, which is based on the hungarian ZTE Blade ROM, which is more recent than the Orange ROM and also a bit more recent than the French blade ROM.

All credit goes to Kendon @ VillainRom for creating the original BladeVillain ROM !! I just added/removed/replaced some stuff/apps.

Please head over to VillainRom and encourage Kendon to resume working on this magnificent ROM !

This is the first ROM I ever 'created' so go easy on me...

ANDROID:

* Based on the Hungarian TM_P729TV1.0.0B02 ROM

* Added Blade WiFi Fix

* Added WiFi Keep-Alive (See note #1)

* Added Titanium backup

* Added Launcher Pro (Faster than stock launcher. Stock launcher is still included to be able to change wallpapers and use the stock wallpapers. See note #8)

* Replaced standard 3D Gallery app with PictureFolder as gallery app (3D Gallery eats CPU and lags)

* Removed XT9IME (FC's on a lot of languages)

* Removed ZTE Taskmanager (FC's when trying to watch CPU monitor/Resources)

* Removed ZTE bootanimation and replaced it with Android stock

* Removed fcctest (emc emissions compliance tester, shouldn't be on the phone)

* Removed QcNvTest.apk and ChiperTest.apk. (Neither are standard Android apps and don't appear to add anything useful)

* Disabled annoying camera shutter and video recording beep

* (FAT Edition Only) Added Adfree Android (See note #2)

* (FAT Edition Only) Added Spare Parts (See note #3)

* (FAT Edition Only) Added Autokiller (See note #4)

* (FAT Edition Only) Added Watchdog Lite (See note #5)

Original BladeVillain 1.0.1 release notes which also apply to 1.1.0:

* stock kernel

* rooted/busybox/apps2sd/betterzipalign

* png optimised

* all languages enabled

* Cyanogen's huge APN file

* TouchPal keyboard removed

* HTC IME Mod added, thanks jonasl@xda

* Hardware acceleration enabled

* Dalvik memory tweak

Apps2sd works automatically when it finds an ext2 partition on your sdcard.

The partitioning in ClockworkMod doesn't work, so either do it in another device or on your computer (Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition for instance if you're using Windows).

Some scripts that help you tweak settings, download a terminal emulator from market (make sure to gain root access by typing "su" before you execute the script), or use adb shell:

Change the screen density, I propose you try 220 or 200 (default is 240):

chdens 200
Change hardware acceleration (default is on):
hwaccel off

Source: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/showthre...deVillain-1.0.1

NOTES:

(1) After flashing this ROM, remember to go into WiFi Keep-Alive and set the desired Wi-Fi Behaviour to 'Always On'.

Also, go into Advanced Options and Enable Workaround 1,2,3 and 4. Afterwards, reboot phone for changes to take effect.

(2) AdFree removes most ads in the browser and other apps. It does this by nullifying requests to known hostnames serving ads.

After flashing this ROM, remember to go into AdFree and update your local hosts file

To do this, start AdFree from the menu, allow SuperUser Access and press 'Download&Install Hosts'. Afterwards, reboot phone for changes to take effect.

(3) ProTip: After flashing this ROM, go into SpareParts and set the 'Windows animations' and 'Transition animations' speed to 'Fast' for a smooth and fast UI.

(4) Autokiller may sound like an agressive Auto-Taskkiller, but it's not. Please see http://geekfor.me/faq/autokiller/ for more information about Autokiller.

After flashing this ROM, remember to go into Autokiller and choose your desired profile. I recommand using the 'Optimum' profile.

To do this, start Autokiller from the menu, press your phone's Menu button and select 'Default profile'. From there, select the Optimum profile.

(5) Watchdog monitors your background apps and warns you if they are misbehaving, in other words eating up your CPU thus causing battery drainage.

After flashing this ROM, remember to go into Watchdog Lite and set the CPU threshold (I recommand 30%).

To do this, start Watchdog Lite from the menu, press your phone's Menu button and click on 'CPU threshold. In the new menu that pops up, select 30%.

Do not change the CPU interpoling interval. 1 minute is a good value. A too low value will cause battery drainage and a too high value will cause that Watchdog can't operate correctly.

For more information about Watchdog, please go to http://www.zomut.com/watchdog

(6) If your camera is black and white, install 'VM Heap Tool' from the market and lower your VM Heap Size to 32

(7) If you want to have the camera shutter and video recording beep back, install Root Explorer and go to system\media\audio\ui

Rename camera_click.old to camera_click.ogg and rename VideoRecord.old to VideoRecord.ogg

(8) Make sure to use LauncherPro as default launcher.

If you accedently set the stock Launcher as default Launcher, download HomeSwitcher from the market and set LauncherPro as default launcher.

DOWNLOAD:

Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 FAT RLS4

Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 LITE RLS4

Last Updated: 12-12-2010 (RLS4)

HISTORY:

RLS4:

- Updated PictureFolder to latest version which shouldn't FC after ROM flash.

- Removed QcNvTest.apk and ChiperTest.apk. Neither are standard Android apps and don't appear to add anything useful. (Thanks Ash_P!)

RLS3:

- Added stock Launcher (Launcher2.apk) so that you are be able to use your own wallpapers again as well with the stock ones. Make sure to use LauncherPro as default launcher.

If you accedently set the stock Launcher as default Launcher, download HomeSwitcher from the market and set LauncherPro as default launcher.

- Updated PictureFolder apk. I hope this solves the FC issues, as reported by some of you.....

RLS2:

- Replaced non-working old 2DGallery app with PictureFolder as gallery app.

INSTALLATION:

- Copy zip of the desired ROM flavour to SD-card.

- Boot into recovery (volume down + power on)

**BEFORE FLASHING, MAKE A NANDBACKUP FIRST!!**

- Wipe data/cache unless you are reinstalling

- Install zip from sdcard

Again, all credit goes to Kendon @ VillainRom !! He's the original creator of this ROM.

I just felt this update was necessary because the instant FC of the XT9IME keyboard can be confusing for Android beginners, thinking they did something wrong with flashing the ROM. Since this error comes instantly after booting the ROM after flashing (during the Google Account Wizard) you can't change the input method yet and you're basically stuck.

Edited by Freekers

Sounds great, did an install and backup from titanium but there doesn't seem to be a Gallery. When I go into system/app there is a non-installed Gallery App which won't install...

any thoughts?

Guest Freekers
Sounds great, did an install and backup from titanium but there doesn't seem to be a Gallery. When I go into system/app there is a non-installed Gallery App which won't install...

any thoughts?

Will look into it ! I keep you posted...

Freeker's customised VillainRom (1.1.0 RLS1) added to Android Guide:

http://www.androidguide.co.uk/release/free...illain-110-rls1

Thanks for the add, but the Android Version is not 2.2 but 2.1 :P

Edited by Freekers

Guest Flumpster
(1) After flashing this ROM, remember to go into WiFi Keep-Alive and set the desired Wi-Fi Behaviour to 'Always On'.

Also, go into Advanced Options and Enable Workaround 1,2,3 and 4. Afterwards, reboot phone for changes to take effect.

A word of warning.. I tried this app when I was testing fixes for the wifi a few days ago and even tho it does keep the wifi alive it used 60 percent of the battery from 100 percent while I was sleeping for 6 hours.

10 percent an hour wasn't feasible for me so I used Tasker to turn the wifi off when the screen goes off and switch to data plan instead which on the following nights test used 6 percent battery in 9 hours.

Guest Freekers

Indeed, the gallery is having problems. The .apk file is not being recognized correctly; If you try to install it manually, it says 'Camera'.

Im not sure if the Camera app is bundled within this .apk file, thus requiring the camera app to be deleted also. I will do some further investigation.

Indeed, the gallery is having problems. The .apk file is not being recognized correctly; If you try to install it manually, it says 'Camera'.

Im not sure if the Camera app is bundled within this .apk file, thus requiring the camera app to be deleted also. I will do some further investigation.

Camera works fine thanks Freekers - just the lack of Gallery which is an issue (and yes, I want the old '2D' Gallery as opposed to the laggy and messy 3D Gallery). I agree that the apk file is titles Camera by Android, but when you look at the details it seems that it is truly Gallery...

Good luck getting it to work - its the only missing link in a pretty perfect ROM!

Guest Freekers
Camera works fine thanks Freekers - just the lack of Gallery which is an issue (and yes, I want the old '2D' Gallery as opposed to the laggy and messy 3D Gallery). I agree that the apk file is titles Camera by Android, but when you look at the details it seems that it is truly Gallery...

Good luck getting it to work - its the only missing link in a pretty perfect ROM!

I have found an alternative gallery app which does virtually the same as the 2D Gallery.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/picture-folder...ensw.PicFolder#

I will replace the 2DGallery in my ROM with the one above. Please standby and I do apologise for this mistake.

Edited by Freekers

ROM Updated: Replaced non-working 2DGallery app with PictureFolder as gallery app.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Freekers - thanks for that, though is there any difference in installing an app through the market (or appbrain in this case) compared to when it is part of a ROM? Bit of a noobie question but I can;t see why there would be any difference...

Guest a55hole

Personally, I would find it helpful if any hints to the Android version are given

in the title (at least in the postings).

Maybe a chain of letters and numbers (TM_P729TV1.0.0B02) does not tell everything

to everybody (i.e. me)

;)

Guest Freekers
Personally, I would find it helpful if any hints to the Android version are given

in the title (at least in the postings).

Maybe a chain of letters and numbers (TM_P729TV1.0.0B02) does not tell everything

to everybody (i.e. me)

;)

Done ! Added the [eclair] tag to the topic title

Freekers - thanks for that, though is there any difference in installing an app through the market (or appbrain in this case) compared to when it is part of a ROM? Bit of a noobie question but I can;t see why there would be any difference...

The only difference is that it's now being automatically for you when the ROM is being flashed/'installed' so you don't have to download/install the app manual from the market.

Saves time :P

you PictureFolder is FC,use this one..

http://www.mediafire.com/?0151uzx8h6uhyhh

It's working fine over here. I tested the ROM (fat one) before uploading to make sure it was working properly this time. It could be that a corrupt picture or file is causing the FC...

Anyone else having this problem guys ?

Done ! Added the [eclair] tag to the topic title

The only difference is that it's now being automatically for you when the ROM is being flashed/'installed' so you don't have to download/install the app manual from the market.

Saves time ;)

It's working fine over here. I tested the ROM (fat one) before uploading to make sure it was working properly this time. It could be that a corrupt picture or file is causing the FC...

Anyone else having this problem guys ?

No problems with my one, though I downloaded it from the Market...

Guest Freekers

Thanks for the replies. Interesting, because in theory (as far I understand) there shouldn't be a difference between downloading it from the Market or having it installed automatically during flashing the ROM... I will look into this this weekend.

Picturefolder maybe is same ver,but install from market is work

maybe is have the default set not have ,video player is same or not have video player?

the text input is default xt9 is not full keyboard..

other is perfect~

Guest Winston69

Thanks for this but can't seem to set my own wallpaper on this ROM, it's like the option is missing, it lets you choose set-as in astro but then goes into contacts :/

Edited by Winston69