[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest gambieter
How to do this formatting if you don't have linux pc?

Download Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition, is freeware and is the only one I know so far that does EXT2 within Windows. I have used it, and the A2SD works like a treat.

Guest kallt_kaffe
@kallt_kaffe: I see that the apps installed with the ROM are put into the system directory and hence cannot be uninstalled (or at least not easily). Is this on purpose? I wonder what effect this has on the A2SD efficiency (i.e. as much as possible on the SD card). I know I can remove them from the ZIP file, although yesterday I was probably a bit overenthousiastic and hence managed to get a non-booting phone ;)

I put them on /system to save space. There's plenty of unused space on /system so why not use it? It also means they survive a factory reset. Shouldn't have any effect on Apps2SD.

However they will take up space on the data partition in the dalvik-cache so there is a point in removing apps from /system that you have no use for.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest gambieter
I put them on /system to save space. There's plenty of unused space on /system so why not use it? It also means they survive a factory reset. Shouldn't have any effect on Apps2SD.

However they will take up space on the data partition in the dalvik-cache so there is a point in removing apps from /system that you have no use for.

Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know that there was still unused space on /system. So now I need to decide on whether I need Twitter, Facebook and other crap ;) . But how does that work when you want to update such an application, is that allowed and will it remain in the /system area?

A reason for me not to put them in /system is that they are then easily removable if space is required.

Is there any chance of building in A2SD+ in Eclair, i.e. that the Dalvik Cache is also moved to SD (if I understand it correctly)?

Edited by gambieter

Guest oh!dougal

Bump!

Regarding the compass/accelerometer oddity, it seems that the now-current UK LCD models have the same module as the original UK OLED phones.

We know that the Hungarian software driver works with the 'old' module.

However, I've not yet seen a confirmation that the Hungarian driver works with the Finnish compass/accelerometer.

Just to note in passing that, so far, the different compass/accelerometer has ONLY shown up in conjunction with the 5mp camera.

I wonder whether they will always go together?

This could be of relevance to Froyo, since the Japanese Froyo (due in a week or two) is due to be on a phone with a 5mp camera ...

Regarding the FF distro package, there's not a lot I would change.

Google Voice doesn't seem to be available outside the USA as yet, so its inclusion isn't terribly useful.

But it would be nice to put in a LED-notification-fixer. FlashNotify seems to work, and is tiny, but perhaps there is a better app to include for that functionality?

And personally, I like TouchPal, if only for its having a text-cursor-control keypad - which partly makes up for the Blade's lack of a 'joypad'.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Bump!

Regarding the compass/accelerometer oddity, it seems that the now-current UK LCD models have the same module as the original UK OLED phones.

We know that the Hungarian software driver works with the 'old' module.

However, I've not yet seen a confirmation that the Hungarian driver works with the Finnish compass/accelerometer.

Just to note in passing that, so far, the different compass/accelerometer has ONLY shown up in conjunction with the 5mp camera.

I wonder whether they will always go together?

No, the Swedish/Finnish TeliaSonera ROM has a binary identical akmd2 and asfaik it comes with a 3.2Mpixel camera. I'll include the hungarian akmd2 in RLS2 so will soon know if that will be problem with newer blades or not. If it is a problem then I'll make an addon for the blades needing the "other" amkd2.

Guest paraselene
Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know that there was still unused space on /system. So now I need to decide on whether I need Twitter, Facebook and other crap ;) . But how does that work when you want to update such an application, is that allowed and will it remain in the /system area?

A reason for me not to put them in /system is that they are then easily removable if space is required.

Is there any chance of building in A2SD+ in Eclair, i.e. that the Dalvik Cache is also moved to SD (if I understand it correctly)?

a2sd cachesdreset :P

Guest gambieter
a2sd cachesdreset :P

isn't that a command for Darktremors A2SD? But is that the one used, or is it a different one?

Edit: ah, this one used Darktremor's A2SD, while BladeVillain uses another A2SD. Very confusing ;)

Edited by gambieter

Guest oh!dougal

Regarding the FF distro package, there's not a lot I would change.

I don't know whether Chipertest and Fcctest need to be retained for r2 ... ;)

Guest paraselene
isn't that a command for Darktremors A2SD? But is that the one used, or is it a different one?

Edit: ah, this one used Darktremor's A2SD, while BladeVillain uses another A2SD. Very confusing ;)

I used it for several times coz my data partition got fulled for several times...

Guest Samehere
How I can change keyboard to have scandic letters as Ä and Ö or is that something "build-in" in these ROMs?

Download "Scandinavian keyboard" from the market and switch to Swedish layout in the settings. ;)

Also download the dictionary for the language you are going to type with.

Guest jpdribbler

Thank you very much for this nice ROM and your hard work!

I'm using the circle mod, ui hw mod and 691MHz enabled.

I've tested 3 ROMs so far:

#1: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...1-0-rls3-7-dec/ - nice (2.1) but not fast enough

#2: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-chinese-leak/ 2.2but very slow for me and angry birds is just fuc*ing slow... (alpha3)

#3:.: your ROM: best so far: very fast! :-)

Angry Birds is running great but the Angry Bird Season Edition is still a bit laggy, do you have any advice how to solve that? I'm using the advanced task killer to kill (nearly) every process before playing Angry Birds....

Now i will test your ROM all day and night and will let you know soon if there are any bugs, until now you got the best rom!

If you will send me your email adress via pm i would like to thank you with the best android game (beside angry birds)on the market so far! :-)

//edit:

My hardware: ZTE Blade Orange with OLED Display

What is about hardware acceleration? Does it improve the performace with angry birds? I will check it out tonight if it will help.

Edited by jpdribbler

Guest markusj

After using it for some time:

It's simply great. Everything works fine, except the compass, but it's not important.

Although, screen rotation is a little bit slow (I know, it's a difficult process), and sometimes

(mostly by incoming calls) the screen doesn't turn off when being held vertically.

When it works, it's a bit slow, it needs a second to recover the screen.

I know, each process needs lots of memory and CPU, so it's difficult to avoid these problems.

Once again, thanks kallt_kaffe ;)

Guest oh!dougal
Could you make overclocked kernels as addons based on the original kernel?

One reason for customisation is to open up the possibility of overclocking.

Download "Scandinavian keyboard" from the market and switch to Swedish layout in the settings. ;)

Also download the dictionary for the language you are going to type with.

Great thank you!

Guest steve1221

Also downloading. Only flashed R1 yesterday !

Really, really good rom. Nice one mate. . .

Quick question. Is there any problem removing the other language Packs? I'm guessing not ?

Edited by steve1221