Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyingff82

Stuck with Froyo downgrade

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

now this is my first Android and i wanted to use the CyanogenMod.

I had already installed/updated the VF Froyo Version.

Now i wanted to downgrade in order to root and flash CM.

My problem is, that i managed to get software version 1.31 but the bootloader remains 1.00.

I've also tried the instruction with temproot and 1.23, but i cant install 1.23, as i get an error message because of the boot loader.

Anyone has a clear description how to continue?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. RUU is no problem now, i could use the 1.23 rom... but still it shows me HBOOT-1.00.0000 -.-

Edited by flyingff82

Hello,

now this is my first Android and i wanted to use the CyanogenMod.

I had already installed/updated the VF Froyo Version.

Now i wanted to downgrade in order to root and flash CM.

My problem is, that i managed to get software version 1.31 but the bootloader remains 1.00.

I've also tried the instruction with temproot and 1.23, but i cant install 1.23, as i get an error message because of the boot loader.

Anyone has a clear description how to continue?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. RUU is no problem now, i could use the 1.23 rom... but still it shows me HBOOT-1.00.0000 -.-

Did you follow the procedure Paul has posted?

If so and you're still stuck, check out this one from BlaY0 @ XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=845512

Did you follow the procedure Paul has posted?

If so and you're still stuck, check out this one from BlaY0 @ XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=845512

Thanks for your help and sorry for my late reply.

I had found his thread and as someone wrote there, you don't have to downgrade the hboot.

Finally i managed to flash and all the time i had hboot 1.00.

What took me a long time was a simple problem with step 2: If i plugged in usb already before, it won't work.

So everything worked for me after a couple of hours and now it's rooted and with CM6.1.

Right now i'm thinking of using the official froyo that was launched today, but with all the patching problems i read i'm not sure about how to flash.

As it is rooted now, could i just install the OTA_Legend_Froyo_S_HTC_WWE_3.15.405.... .zip from sd card?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my late reply.

I had found his thread and as someone wrote there, you don't have to downgrade the hboot.

Finally i managed to flash and all the time i had hboot 1.00.

What took me a long time was a simple problem with step 2: If i plugged in usb already before, it won't work.

So everything worked for me after a couple of hours and now it's rooted and with CM6.1.

Right now i'm thinking of using the official froyo that was launched today, but with all the patching problems i read i'm not sure about how to flash.

As it is rooted now, could i just install the OTA_Legend_Froyo_S_HTC_WWE_3.15.405.... .zip from sd card?

Hi, no you can't. You'd get version mismatch error. But, you can install rooted stock rom from XDA - from BlaY0 or AllWin, roth ROMs I've tried and they work great...I now run the BlaY0's

Yeah I've read about that. There are already some versions of the new froyo around.

I tried BlaY0's rom, but i had some problems with battery drain. No matter which of his kernels.

So im back to CM6.1 at the moment...