List of different Blade models on the market

Guest Freekers

Guest Freekers

In this topic I try to give an overview of the available different versions/models of the ZTE Blade on the Market. Feel free to contribute to this thread if you know any more names/models with their details. Also, please feel free to correct any mistakes.

They are posted in this order: Carrier (Country): ModelName

‘Related Links’ only contain links to carrier webshops or technical specifications.

Edited by Freekers

Guest mELIANTE

Optimus San Francisco (Portugal)

- Grey

- LCD Screen

- 512MB RAM

- 3.2MP camera

- Eclair

In short, exactly the same as Orange San Francisco, apart from the screen.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Freekers
The Swedish version (both operators) will have 512MB RAM and ROM, but will ship with a TFT screen instead of AMOLED.

Source: http://www.ztesweden.se/Exego.aspx?p_id=325

Other than that I think everything is correct. ;)

Base confirmed that the Lutea will have no flash!

There is no flash in the Finnish Blade.

Orange (UK) now dishing out some TFT San Franciscos, and in white.

Optimus San Francisco (Portugal)

- Grey

- LCD Screen

- 512MB RAM

- 3.2MP camera

- Eclair

In short, exactly the same as Orange San Francisco, apart from the screen.

Thanks for the corrections ! Startpost updated.

Please let me know if you find any more errors. It's hard to keep up with all these different models popping out of nowhere :\

Like this topic - How about a Photo of each Phone - or even one from the Sellers websites would do - or do they all look too alike

All the same, aside from the logos/camera logo.

Guest flatnote31

one question though....

the "cheapo" blade in europe is said not to be able to handle Froyo because of low RAM, whereas the same configuration V880 (china) ships with Froyo.... ummmm...???

Sapo A5 isnt, and its ugly than the Blade.

I have a friend that likes more the A5 than the Blade, but I agree with you, its uglier than the Blade.

a5_front.jpga5_3_quarters.jpg

a5_side.jpga5_back.jpg

Do you see the infusion bag?Its a live wallpaper, and as the battery gets lower, the infusion bag empties.

Guest The-One
I have a friend that likes more the A5 than the Blade, but I agree with you, its uglier than the Blade.

Do you see the infusion bag?Its a live wallpaper, and as the battery gets lower, the infusion bag empties.

Thats an example of the trash they inputed in the Blade Eclair kernel.. thats what will make the phone slow. Blade does not like Live Walpapers specially under the Eclair build.

The live photos even make the phone ugly in comparison with those photoshoped photos, its an assimetric phone on the top/bottom.

sapo_a5-2.png

Edited by The-One

Guest 90180360
  • (Not 100% Sure) Ok,- Mobile (Switzerland): ZTE San Francisco

The very first version of the Blade. Currently the most common version and most ROMs are based on this model.

This Blade features an AMOLED screen, 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM and a 3.2MP camera without flash. It ships with Android 2.1 Éclair installed.

I really wouldn't be sure about this. ok.- operates on the Orange network, so I asked them if the phone will be Orange branded. They replied that the first batch will be Orange branded, while later there will be ok.- branded phones... orange.ch has the 5 MP / TFT specs... So there might as well be an error on the okmobile.ch website...

(Then again I got the answer from a social media representive, so I don't know how much it's worth...)

What a joke about Hungary btw: It's twice the price as in Switzerland, but it's the 256 MB RAM cheapo version?!

Guest oh!dougal

a5_front.jpga5_3_quarters.jpg

a5_side.jpga5_back.jpg

The A5 has a different case back (battery cover) and different switch covers, BUT it does look as though its dimensionally identical -- and thus should use exactly the same cases, screen protectors. etc.

Guest oh!dougal

Personally, I think this thread is the wrong way round.

The phone is designed as a collection of modules.

So the first task is to list all the different modules, and then give the recipe for each individual product.

A table (or two) would be the way to present the info.

Product differences are VERY QUICKLY going to become the bugbear of developing for these phones.

Subtle incompatibilities WILL show up.

The first task to combat that is going to be the establishment of a formal configuration database ...

Guest Freekers
Like this topic - How about a Photo of each Phone - or even one from the Sellers websites would do - or do they all look too alike

All the same, aside from the logos/camera logo.

That ;)

one question though....

the "cheapo" blade in europe is said not to be able to handle Froyo because of low RAM, whereas the same configuration V880 (china) ships with Froyo.... ummmm...???

You misinterpreted my sentence: It's said not to be able to handle CUSTOM Froyo ROMs. The current CUSTOM Froyo ROMs are not designed to work with this model. They are designed for the 512MB RAM version. Do a forum search and you'll see enough reports of users of the Hungarian Blade which can't get the current CUSTOM Froyo ROMs to work because of this.

Add "Dell XCD35" to the list ^^

http://www.mobiledekho.com/dell/dell-xcd35.html

It's already in the list, but I added the link. Thanks.

I really wouldn't be sure about this. ok.- operates on the Orange network, so I asked them if the phone will be Orange branded. They replied that the first batch will be Orange branded, while later there will be ok.- branded phones... orange.ch has the 5 MP / TFT specs... So there might as well be an error on the okmobile.ch website...

(Then again I got the answer from a social media representive, so I don't know how much it's worth...)

What a joke about Hungary btw: It's twice the price as in Switzerland, but it's the 256 MB RAM cheapo version?!

Hmm, that's interesting. Their website clearly states OLED and 3MP camera.

Yeah, the Hungary version is a ripoff if you ask me. Lower RAM AND a TFT Screen...

I love a5 model it looks so nice. I wonder is it got TFT or OLED?

Check the startpost, it's described in there !

The TeleFinland website says they have 3.2 MP camera. It also says it has a internal memory of 100MB. Can anyone confirm that it has 512 RAM & 512 ROM? Please let me know. Im planning to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Polish version of ZTE Blade:

carrier: Play

TFT screen, 512 MB ROM, 512 MB RAM, 3.2MP camera without flash, matte grey case.

Stock ROM almost non-branded - boot animation and a wallpaper only.

Seems like a perfectly regular ZTE Blade, same as a Swedish version.

Here you have an unboxing video:

There was some confusion initally about the screen - first info on the Play's Press Officer's blog said it's an OLED one, but it was recently corrected to TFT and the clerks in Play shops seem to follow that line.

I haven't got hands on the device yet, so I cannot compare it with my OLED SanFran and confirm it definitely.

I'm monitoring related threads on Polish android forums, so if any changes are noticed, I'll let you know.

And the ROM dump (so far I know only that a display build version number ends with B03) is hopefully along the way.