[THEMES]For Pauls Froyo release! *Alpha 4 New Gingerbread!*

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

It's ok it's pushing this to be a more polished theme. I do prefer the black text boxes though so i'll jump in and have a look at new ones. I just have to do a lot of messing so would like any other suggestions before i open it all up again.

It's ok it's pushing this to be a more polished theme. I do prefer the black text boxes though so i'll jump in and have a look at new ones. I just have to do a lot of messing so would like any other suggestions before i open it all up again.

That's good man. I'd love to have a little tutorial of how I can do all this myself. I don't like having to rely on other people having the chance to update these themes ;) I'd rather put the time in myself, then I can tweak it to exactly how I'd like it :P

Guest Frankish

Images are easy. You can just extract them from the apk and edit and pop them back in all good. It's xml editing and smali work that's a bitch. I'm pretty new to android too so it's hard for me!

Guest AlphaVision

Nice work, man. I love the new theme. And my oppinion is keep it as close as a stock gingerbread if possible. Thank tou. I mess with the N1 owners for a second day now :) (they still have the 2.2.1)

Guest buntoid

Love the theme, I do like the green highlights etc. :)

Will you be making the theme with a circle battery instead? The percentage is hard to read at a resolution of 220.

I would do it myself but the framework-res doesn't work in the UOT Kitchen.

Cheers

Guest PeTiNgA

Ok, now I'm just nitpicking and I'm sorry, if it's too much trouble to fix just leave it :) The theme is already good as it is.

Anyway, the "bug" I've found is that yellow line under the tab.

snap20101209162901.png

I've tried to search for the HEX value of the color (#F89800) and then tried to found a .jpg that could be responsible for that, but didn't found any :(

And once again, thanks for you time in providing these themes :)

Edited by PeTiNgA

Guest Frankish

@petinga Unfortunately i don't know where that line is either. A lot of apps also control their own colours which means to get ALL green you would need to open every single .apk you have and manually change these things.

As long as android is around there will always be a mixture of green and orange highlights due to...FRAGMENTATION. That is something that makes Android truly different but also could be dangerous...so much difference in versions.

@buntoid I've done a couple already yeah will up them soon but they will not be included in the first post. If you pass a clean alpha 4 frameworks-res.apk (the one from stock theme works) through UOT then the battery will work. Then you open my Gingerbread framework and insert the battery images from the UOT one into it. This works for me. Lucky the theme already supports 100 battery and 100 charging images.

Guest buntoid
@buntoid I've done a couple already yeah will up them soon but they will not be included in the first post. If you pass a clean alpha 4 frameworks-res.apk (the one from stock theme works) through UOT then the battery will work. Then you open my Gingerbread framework and insert the battery images from the UOT one into it. This works for me. Lucky the theme already supports 100 battery and 100 charging images.

Thanks for that.

Are they the images in drawable-hdpi-v4 rather than the mdpi folder or both?

Guest Frankish

No it was 2 values in framework-res.apk that were set to null. Services.jar is only modified for the color of the time.

Anyone with the Gingerbread theme...plug in your headphones? It needs fixing lol the icon is scary ugly!

Guest Arr Too
No it was 2 values in framework-res.apk that were set to null.

In strings.xml along with millions of UI text strings? WTF were they doing in there? :) And I wonder how many other critical settings hiding are elsewhere in dumb places...

Guest Frankish
In strings.xml along with millions of UI text strings? WTF were they doing in there? :) And I wonder how many other critical settings hiding are elsewhere in dumb places...

Not sure if that is sarcasm...?

Edited by Frankish

Guest Arr Too
Not sure if that is sarcasm...?

Sorry, it was a bit of a rant (and probably directed at ZTE). No wonder Paul had difficulty finding the settings! I can understand that these settings are "strings" so may live there simply by virtue of their type, but these sorts of config settings should all be in, say, config.xml? Or is this a feature of apktool not knowing the source when it decodes resources.arsc? (If so, maybe any "config_..." should all go in config.xml instead.)

And wouldn't these specific values have sensible defaults in Android? Perhaps just removing them from resources.arsc would work (and be more portable)?

Guest SWOriginal

@Frankish

Theres still a bug in the gingerbread framework, load up rom manager, gtunes, root explorer & theres a few other apps then press menu... the background is white with white text, i cant pinpoint the image so it must be in an xml

Guest Frankish
@Frankish

Theres still a bug in the gingerbread framework, load up rom manager, gtunes, root explorer & theres a few other apps then press menu... the background is white with white text, i cant pinpoint the image so it must be in an xml

Hmm yeah but even the app .apk's don't hold the images for these backgrounds. So you would think they called the same ones as maps, gmail etc...but they don't. I may need help with this one!

Guest ergo911

i have a problem with gingerbread theme, if i use gmail, maps, skymaps or others google apps and press menu then everything is ok, but when i press More button, then there is black backround with black text. So it's hard to know what is what there. Thanks :)

Edited by ergo911

Guest SWOriginal
Hmm yeah but even the app .apk's don't hold the images for these backgrounds. So you would think they called the same ones as maps, gmail etc...but they don't. I may need help with this one!

I think the best we can do is make the menu white and the text black, ive just based the gingerbread theme on the desire framework and everything works perfect