Htc Wildfire or Lg Optimus One

Guest Mitch78

Guest Mitch78

Hi I am new to Android and smartphones however after 2 years of faithful loyal service I have decided to retire my trusty old Sony Ericsson K800i and take the plunge, now taking into account im not into modifying it in any way except official updates because of warranty, and i will only use it for relatively simple things such as, music / games / camera / calls & texts and messing about with the odd app or 2, the only 2 options in my price range are the htc wildfire or lg optimus one, ive read every review on the net and know all the specs etc, but I still cant decide which to get? so some advice from some android veterans would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat similar situation here. After using my Sony Ericsson M 600i for four years, I felt that it is time to change to a new device. Not that M600i was giving any problems (Still using the stock battery) but just wanted to change it for something new and exciting. Did not want to go for another Symbian device, and never ever liked Windows either.So the obvious choice was Android.

After reading many reviews, I have decided on LG Optimus One. My reasons are :-

1. Allegedly better talk time ( from reviews)

2. Better screen resolution. (from reviews)

3. Simple interface ( LG has not altered it much, AFAIK )

4. Slightly more powerful processor

5. Comes bundled with latest Android (Froyo 2.2)

Please allow me to add to your confusion. Did you ever consider this one ?

Motorola Zeppelin Lite Xt5 Xt502

Primary Camera: 5 MP, 2592 X 1944 Pixels, LED Flash and Li-Po 1230 MAh battery.

Should be in your price range as well. Not sure if it is available in your country though..!

(PS : - I have never used an Android device before).

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Divyan

Somewhat similar situation here. After using my Sony Ericsson M 600i for four years, I felt that it is time to change to a new device. Not that M600i was giving any problems (Still using the stock battery) but just wanted to change it for something new and exciting. Did not want to go for another Symbian device, and never ever liked Windows either.So the obvious choice was Android.

After reading many reviews, I have decided on LG Optimus One. My reasons are :-

1. Allegedly better talk time ( from reviews)

2. Better screen resolution. (from reviews)

3. Simple interface ( LG has not altered it much, AFAIK )

4. Slightly more powerful processor

5. Comes bundled with latest Android (Froyo 2.2)

Please allow me to add to your confusion. Did you ever consider this one ?

Motorola Zeppelin Lite Xt5 Xt502

Primary Camera: 5 MP, 2592 X 1944 Pixels, LED Flash and Li-Po 1230 MAh battery.

Should be in your price range as well. Not sure if it is available in your country though..!

(PS : - I have never used an Android device before).

Hope this helps :)

I have the Optimus one T for a week already. Its the coolest thing ever! ;) Get it, you wount regret. I have android for more than 1.5 years, and this (for a fair, maybe even cheap price) is the best thing on the market at the moment!