dolphin hd mobile site

Guest rferrett

Guest rferrett

On the recommendation of many in this parish I have started using dolphin hd as my default browser and very good it is too. However for some reason it always loads the mobile versions of tzhe guardian and BBC websites. Anyone know if there is a way off telling it to never redirect to mobile sites?

Guest warriorscot

Havent tried dolphin but I havent had much succes changing user strings with opera or firefox. It usually wont play flash like the built in browser and modaco constantly redirects away from the android forum if it is set as a windows mobile device. I truly cannnot express my hatred of websites that force you to use mobile versions of the site. If dolphin works well with custom user strings I might try it out as opera is good but I miss flash support and its UI takes up too much space on the screen as its optimised for a smaller screen.

To be honest I would happily stick with the default browser if it didnt randomly decide not to scroll down some pages. Apparently its too good to display a whole gmail page or my router settings.

Guest lnux9898

@warriorscot, Dolphin HD browser has worked a treat on the Vega. Add some plugins (like Full-screen, Bookmarks-To-SD) and the experience has been better than other android devices.

List of plugins here.