• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

dolphin hd mobile site

6 posts in this topic

Posted

On the recommendation of many in this parish I have started using dolphin hd as my default browser and very good it is too. However for some reason it always loads the mobile versions of tzhe guardian and BBC websites. Anyone know if there is a way off telling it to never redirect to mobile sites?

Posted

I think you should be able to change the user agent in the settings

Posted

I also am using it it is fantastic on the vega

Change the settings from android to desktop

Posted

Ive noticed the baterry life using flash outside of the shipped browser with say miren or dolphin is terrible, and the mobile bbci is horrid

Posted

Havent tried dolphin but I havent had much succes changing user strings with opera or firefox. It usually wont play flash like the built in browser and modaco constantly redirects away from the android forum if it is set as a windows mobile device. I truly cannnot express my hatred of websites that force you to use mobile versions of the site. If dolphin works well with custom user strings I might try it out as opera is good but I miss flash support and its UI takes up too much space on the screen as its optimised for a smaller screen.

To be honest I would happily stick with the default browser if it didnt randomly decide not to scroll down some pages. Apparently its too good to display a whole gmail page or my router settings.

Posted

@warriorscot, Dolphin HD browser has worked a treat on the Vega. Add some plugins (like Full-screen, Bookmarks-To-SD) and the experience has been better than other android devices.

List of plugins here.