New official firmware from samsung: I8000NXJJ1

Guest Speedfrog

Guest viewdetails
New firmware I8000NXJJ1 released at samfirmware.com ;)

Screenshots of the contents:

post-608080-1291549850_thumb.jpg

NEW PHONE PART :P

Rapidshare mirrors:

Password = samfirmware.com

EBOOT:

Eboot_I8000NXXJJ1

CSC:

I8000PROJJ1

MST:

PDA_I8000NXXJJ1

PHONE:

Phone_I8000XXJJ1

Screenshots:

post-608080-1291565454_thumb.png post-608080-1291565440_thumb.png post-608080-1291565444_thumb.png post-608080-1291565449_thumb.png

i installed Enable windwos setting, to get better memory screenshots.

Don't you have a dump, pls? :P

Guest bobhero

Ok I flashed JJ1 eboot and phone to my i8000L. Previously I was using JI1 eboot and IJ1 phone. I also have CSC I8000LBMCIJ6, and PDA I8000NXXJI1.

Here is my speed test when I am tethered to my PC:

Before:

Download: 4.49 megabits/second

Upload: 2.70 mebabits/second

Ping: 80ms

After:

Download: 5.05 megabits/second

Upload: 1.40 mebabits/second

Ping: 111ms

I tested a few more times, and i find that download fluctuates between 2-4mb, upload 1-2.5mb, and ping from 80-110.

I should have done more testing before, only tested once.

Also wanted to add, my GPS lock times are still very good, 15-30 seconds indoors.

Edited by bobhero

Ok I flashed JJ1 eboot and phone to my i8000L. Previously I was using JI1 eboot and IJ1 phone. I also have CSC I8000LBMCIJ6, and PDA I8000NXXJI1.

Here is my speed test when I am tethered to my PC:

Before:

Download: 4.49 megabits/second

Upload: 2.70 mebabits/second

Ping: 80ms

After:

Download: 5.05 megabits/second

Upload: 1.40 mebabits/second

Ping: 111ms

I tested a few more times, and i find that download fluctuates between 2-4mb, upload 1-2.5mb, and ping from 80-110.

I should have done more testing before, only tested once.

Also wanted to add, my GPS lock times are still very good, 15-30 seconds indoors.

So Internet speed(down) is a little bit faster. Upload much slower? Ping also slower? So only GPS is improoved?

Or does it feel faster?

Regards

Guest bobhero
So Internet speed(down) is a little bit faster. Upload much slower? Ping also slower? So only GPS is improoved?

Or does it feel faster?

Regards

I believe that the differences can be do to chance. I don't think it is noticeably faster or slower than before. GPS is about the same too.

Guest mazzorca

Just to make miself sure... Did you flashed the phone part in a i8000L? it's safe? Just checking. The last time I been here the phone part was a forbiden place to i8000L.

Where are you from?

Regards,

Guest bobhero
Just to make miself sure... Did you flashed the phone part in a i8000L? it's safe? Just checking. The last time I been here the phone part was a forbiden place to i8000L.

Where are you from?

Regards,

I have a Bell (canada) i8000L and I flashed the newest 8000 phone. I am having some trouble with WIFI right now, but I'm not sure if it is due to my ROM or the phone flash. Going to flash back to an L phone to see if it resolves.

I went back to an L version and also did a hard reset. my wifi problems are gone, but I don't know if it was the L verison or the hard reset.

Edited by bobhero

Guest manosandrea

PHONE JJ1 is at least, in my opinion, as good as the JF1 is.

Maybe ,just an idea, better, but nothing more.

I think it's worth the change !

I tried it with Gps , because the vodaphone signal , where i live is strong enough and i always have full bar signal

and the satellite's time to lock is almost the same (maybe a very little faster ) .

Guest bobhero
[2]

My phone is I8000L, i'm using this JJ1Phone, so far it's working fine! Any change i'll update this post.

I'm also an 8000L users and went back to an L phone. I was having some odd things happen with my Wifi connection and also, my HSPA connection kept dropping to 3g.

Sticking with L phone for now.

Guest theshowman

Which L phone version are you using now that is stable for you?

I'm also an 8000L users and went back to an L phone. I was having some odd things happen with my Wifi connection and also, my HSPA connection kept dropping to 3g.

Sticking with L phone for now.

Guest bobhero
Which L phone version are you using now that is stable for you?

Ik1 although I would probably just leave the default one from Bell if I had a chance to go back. I don't notice any differences.

Guest Darius P.

The Rom for me a little faster. (compare to JF5)

Phone part (JJ1)- noticed better reception and better talk sound quality. (compare to JF1) GPS fix the same.