New official firmware from samsung: I8000NXJJ1

Guest Speedfrog

Guest fifd2005

After 3 days It becomes slow and laggy

Freezes frequently

Installed programs are Spb mobile shell 3.5.5, Spb Time and Spb wheather

and the problem is it is same slow after soft reset

I dont know what is happening

i find with any winmo rom if you dotn leave at least 60 mb of free ROM memory the phoen becomes slow..maybe thats it?

Could be, as I've noticed the same with JF5 - becomes slow and laggy and even Soft Reset doesn't always fix it. I'll have to check free RAM. Another possibility is maybe low battery?

So far - JJ1 if not better, than at least not worst than JF5.

Guest Spartan_X
After 3 days It becomes slow and laggy

Freezes frequently

Installed programs are Spb mobile shell 3.5.5, Spb Time and Spb wheather

and the problem is it is same slow after soft reset

I dont know what is happening

I'm having the same issue, don't know what's wrong. :)

Guest rom_omnia2

Well, i still using and my only problem is with password screen (lock) some times freezes. Also Omicronle (MarketPlace) does not work anymore, but i guess its a server problem, nothing with this rom.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Thanks for the release!

I've flashed all of this on my phone and in some apps that use internet connections, I'm seeing some "Proximus" (internet, mms, wap) conn., even though I have deleted everything in the Connections tab (Settings in Windows Mobile) and set up my own.

So... where are these? Somewhere hidden in the CSC? Is there any way to delete these?

Thanks

I don't know but the 'Pro' in JJ1 CSC stand for Proximus (a phone carrier in Belgium).

Aghh I see!

Also, in some views, I read "zo, 19 dec", like if the language was german or something (I'm guessing 'zo' means sunday, as of today).

Is there other CSC somewhere that doesn't have this; preferably some I8000NXX... one?

Thanks againg

Guest bobhero

Has anyone compared made and compared the cabs from JJ1 to the previous release too see which programs have been updated?

I was trying to do this myself with ROMtool...but having some difficulty since it is my first time.

Edited by bobhero

Aghh I see!

Also, in some views, I read "zo, 19 dec", like if the language was german or something (I'm guessing 'zo' means sunday, as of today).

Is there other CSC somewhere that doesn't have this; preferably some I8000NXX... one?

Thanks againg

The 'Zo' you are talking about stands for Zondag (Sunday). That is Dutch, the language being spoken in northern part of Belgium and Netherlands. The last 6.5 rom that has an NXX CSC that I can remember is JF4 CSC (this was part of JF5 ROM). You can flash it with this CSC or just go to Settings>Regional settings> and choose the country of your interest. This should automatically change the language. Hope this helps. I am using a 6.5.3 ROM.

Edited by Namar

Guest venick19
Added screenshots in the first post :)

Just finished reflashing my Omnia II will still need to try if successul.

Great post and and procedures.

Thanks so much!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Scott in Miami

Hi,

Sorry for newbie questions, but is this an official rom? Would it be recommended to flash the eboot, PDA, & Phone from this ROM and the CSC from another ROM such as the Singapore CSC I8000XSOJC3 Which looks like the most recent I can find. I am looking to get WM 6.5 on my phone from Singapore which currently has 6.1 ROM from Hong Kong and I can't upgrade it to 6.5 using MyPC Studio. Thanks for any advice out there.

Hi,

Sorry for newbie questions, but is this an official rom? Would it be recommended to flash the eboot, PDA, & Phone from this ROM and the CSC from another ROM such as the Singapore CSC I8000XSOJC3 Which looks like the most recent I can find. I am looking to get WM 6.5 on my phone from Singapore which currently has 6.1 ROM from Hong Kong and I can't upgrade it to 6.5 using MyPC Studio. Thanks for any advice out there.

Sure. You can flash the O2 with any CSC of your liking. That is the beauty of our O2. From 6.1 to 6.5 always flash the eboot first.

Guest AlfCheesey
Sure. You can flash the O2 with any CSC of your liking. That is the beauty of our O2. From 6.1 to 6.5 always flash the eboot first.

I also have a newbie question. I need to flash my O2, but I really don't want to lose my Plum Chinese keyboard, I really need to write in Chinese.

It is my belief that this keyboard is stored in the CSC part. Is this correct?

I currently have :

Eboot : I8000 NXX JC4

PDA : I8000 NXX JC4

Phone : I8000 DX JC1

CSC : I8000 XSO JC3

I need to flash my O2 as after a soft reboot I only have 54MB Program RAM free, and Resco Photo Manager v.7.11 keeps crashing the phone. It's incredibly frustrating. If the keyboard really is in the CSC part, I might try a light ROM instead, as I hardly use any of the pre-installed rubish. But I will try this JJ1 ROM first to see if it has cured my problems.

I also have a newbie question. I need to flash my O2, but I really don't want to lose my Plum Chinese keyboard, I really need to write in Chinese.

It is my belief that this keyboard is stored in the CSC part. Is this correct?

I currently have :

Eboot : I8000 NXX JC4

PDA : I8000 NXX JC4

Phone : I8000 DX JC1

CSC : I8000 XSO JC3

I need to flash my O2 as after a soft reboot I only have 54MB Program RAM free, and Resco Photo Manager v.7.11 keeps crashing the phone. It's incredibly frustrating. If the keyboard really is in the CSC part, I might try a light ROM instead, as I hardly use any of the pre-installed rubish. But I will try this JJ1 ROM first to see if it has cured my problems.

That is correct. I guess to preserve your chinese input avoid flashing the CSC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest GUCCI OMNIA

my phone is from from Bell, Canada. I now use it with Telus in Canada... will I run into troubles if I use this firmware?

Someone mentioned flash eboot first. is that true.... should I flash eboot and then flash again with everything else?

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA

Guest bobhero
my phone is from from Bell, Canada. I now use it with Telus in Canada... will I run into troubles if I use this firmware?

Someone mentioned flash eboot first. is that true.... should I flash eboot and then flash again with everything else?

I have two i8000L phones, so I tested JJ1 and original bell phone firmware.

When I tether the phones and did a speed test, JJ1 would produce faster download speeds. I could get 5-6Mbps sometimes. When I tried the original Bell firmware, most I would get is 4-5Mbps.

HOWEVER

Upload testing is a different story. JJ1 firmware seems to always fail or score very lowly on upload speed tests for some reason. Original bell firmware gives me 2-3Mbps on upload.

Once you leave original bell firmware, you can't go back because there is no copy of it, and no way to dump it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bobhero
is colour etching available for this rom?

I know colour blends a lot better in JC1

Can you explain what you mean by colour etching?

Guest 206bw

What I am referring to is the software blending of colour bands.

Because the 65K colour limitation on the WM 6.5.x, colour bands are very obvious in high quality images.

JC1 had some built in colour blending software that tries to smooth the colour transition and emulate the results of a 16M colour display